Sound Issue - Strange crackling/echo

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zahir.9560

Zahir.9560

Hello, I have been getting this really annoying audio problem where when any sound plays (very noticeable when there is speech) there is another layer over top which is distorted and cracks/echos. Just wondering if anyone knows about it and could help! Thanks!

Zahir.9560

It resembles a blown speaker but I know for a fact mine aren’t! Happens only in GW2…

Posted by: Mumm.5274

Mumm.5274

Also been getting this. I ORIGINALLY put it down to my being on a laptop which – although by all accounts ‘should’ have been able to run the game just fine – was struggling with anything involving more than a couple of players, and had to be on low settings all the time. But less than a month ago I started using a brand new computer, built for gaming. This had been doing perfectly until this evening when the annoying sound issue started to show itself again. It often involves pets, flying ones are particularly dreadful. The rest of the game sound is muted and all I hear is REALLY loud (no matter how loud the settings are) and crackly popping, crackling, odd flapping noises.
As the OP mentioned, this happens only in GW2, and the speakers/headset are fine for everything else.
I’ve seen a lot of people reporting these issues since launch but not found any clue to what causes it or what we can do to fix it yet.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I get this problem too. It only happens when some characters are talking in the personal story quests. I’ve had the same thing happen in diablo 3 but that was everywhere in the game especially when there was fighting. The only way I could get it to stop was to turn down the bass and treble in that game. It hasn’t bothered me enough here yet.

Zahir.9560

Yes at least its not just me! You are right it is very evident in personal story cut scenes. Ill try doing that though thank you

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

i just started having this problem. there still hasnt been any response form anet for support?

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

What sound cards are you folks using? I have heard this same issue with my card, I chalked it up to Alchemy trying to emulate EAX. I only really notice it when an NPC talks.

Posted by: Rock.4019

Rock.4019

When I get sound issues the screen goes black and usually the game also freezes…only in GW2