Still can't get Authentication emails

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Feddas.7940

Feddas.7940

My wife’s account doesn’t receive authentication emails on her @yahoo.com address. Not in the Spam folder, not anywhere. This locks her out of every aspect of her account whenever she logs in from a different IP address.

We took the issue up with Yahoo and they are certain it’s nothing on their end. If ArenaNet is positive their system is working can we turn these e-mails off? I’d rather dial in to support after someone steals her level 20 character than have to dial in to support every time our ISP refreshes our IP address.

She can’t post using her acct because she’d locked out.

(edited by Feddas.7940)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Not-Getting-Our-E-mails-Hotmail-Yahoo-Gmail-Comcast

Yes, you can disable authentication, but it is not wise. Have you tried using Mobile Authentication, instead?

Good luck.

Posted by: Feddas.7940

Feddas.7940

Thanks for the link, Inculpatus cedo, it’s a good one to review. While double checking those I did notice I setup a “move from addresses containing @guildwars2.com to folder” filter I setup when I was having trouble a few months ago. I removed that, still no luck.

The mobile authentication I recall using was 2-factor auth. Where the mobile device is running some authenticator. Yet, it didn’t stop the e-mail auth, you could still get locked out by not getting e-mail messages.

How do you disable e-mail authentication? I can’t seem to find it in account Security even for my account. Is calling support the only way? I’d definitely do it, that’d be great. The hassle of dealing with no-show emails is worth more to me than the account.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the CS Team for assistance. Top of Page – Services/Support – Submit a Request.

As far as I know, if you have Mobile Authentication, you do not also have Email Authentication.

Good luck.

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Inculpatus cedo is correct – you can avoid email auth by adding mobile auth. Details on that can be found here.

Also, if your wife submits a Support ticket, we can definitely make sure everything is clear on our end. Reporting our emails as spam will cause future emails to be blocked by our system, but it’s a block we can clear upon request.