Strange blue shapes appearing.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sodiumsmotts.3890

Sodiumsmotts.3890

Q:

Hello!

I’m not sure whether many others (If anyone else) are having this problem, but when I move around the game (No matter where I am) I sometimes have strange blue shapes appear in and disappear very quickly in the environment. I’m running settings at their highest and getting around 60 FPS consistently (Although that dropped to about 30-40 when recording).

You can see the video here —→ http://bit.ly/13HQu9t

I’ve tried running the game on low settings (Best performance) and that seemed to fix it. So it definitely seems to be something with the higher settings. I’ve tried taking the settings up individually, but can’t quite seem to narrow it down due to it’s random occurrences.

Game specs:

Resolution – 1920×1080
Refresh Rate – Default
Frame Limiter: 60
Interface Size: Normal

Animation – High
AA – FFXA
Environment – High
LOD Distance – Ultra
Reflections – All
Textures – High
Render Sampling – Native
Shadows – Ultra
Shaders – High
Post-Processing – None (Ew, gross)
WvW Character Limit – Highest
WvW Character Quality – Highest

Best Texture Filtering
High-res Character Textures
V-sync

Pc Specs

CPU – i7-2700k 3.5GHz (Not overclocked)
RAM – 2 × 8GB Corsair Vengance
GPU – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Win 7

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Cruithine, Piken Square.

(edited by Sodiumsmotts.3890)

Sodiumsmotts.3890

Added a new link to video because the letters s and h and t were being ‘kittened’ in the link, causing it to be invalid. Great.

Posted by: basketcase.3894

basketcase.3894

Could be caused by your graphics card overheating, have you checked the temps when this is happening?

Sodiumsmotts.3890

Yep, temps are fine, they never reach temps to even start worrying about. It happens consistently throughout play as well, it doesn’t just start after a period of time, I forgot to mention that.

EDIT

I also notice that it seems to only happen on cliff faces and the like. I just ran into it happening again and fiddled with my video settings, it appears that it has something to do with Shaders. After turning Shaders down to medium, the blue.. things… seemed to vanish and haven’t ran into any since. So /shrug.

It’s not gamebraking by any means, just mildly irritating. Anyhow, I can survive with medium shaders for now. o/

(edited by Sodiumsmotts.3890)

Sodiumsmotts.3890

Bumping to see if there is a fix for this, still having this issue.

Edit: Also thought I might add that I tried a fresh install today to no avail.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

The truth is… You’re secretly in the matrix and that is one of those “things” that shows you the truth of it… Kind of like déjà vu. ;p

But really, it’s a secret passage to another world. Run through!

Okay, I’m sorry, I can’t resist bad jokes when they pop in my mind.

Are your drivers 100% up to date?

Also, have you tried deleting the local.dat file (my documents/guild wars 2)? This will clear your settings and password stuff, but it might help.

Post back and let me know how you go.

Sodiumsmotts.3890

Yep yep, updated the NVidia drivers just the other day, they are definitely uptodate. And yep did a completely clean install just a few hours ago. I am really stumped.

Kyllaa.1385

I still recommend deleting the local.dat, it could still have issues after a fresh install.

Also verify your settings in catalyst, I think anti-aliasing should application controlled. Maybe play with other settings in there and see if it has any effect if local.dat doesn’t work.

Sodiumsmotts.3890

Hmmm!
Interesting! It was switched off, there is no application controlled for it, unfortunately but I just switched it on and hopped around in game for a few minutes, it seems to have stopped. I will check thoroughly later though!

Sodiumsmotts.3890

I could hug you right now. Just took a lengthy stroll around Queensdale on my Norn, and it seems to be working glitch-free! Hug

Sodiumsmotts.3890

Hah. Well. Okay. It was too good to be true, just spotted some more mysterious shapes. Oh wells. Anyone got any ideas?

Posted by: Violet.7308

Violet.7308

Also seem to me these flashes … and not only. Often the game closes by itself, or I see the blue and green characters (or some parts of the map).
When I try to do a screen, the game crashes.
I have these problems since the last patch was made.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rominion.4719

Rominion.4719

Ive only had this happen once, then it never did it again. Thank fk. At least im not the only one.

Kyllaa.1385

Violet, your issue is different that the OPs, I think you need to view other threads about blue green textures and the recent game crashes and post there or try steps listed around on this thread or the others, there are several in the first 3 pages of this tech support forum.

Sodiums, play a bit more with your catalyst settings including the 3d ones.

Or maybe test turning shaders down a notch or vsync.