Strange chat input "lag" (wireless keyboard)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Jasak.6521

Jasak.6521

Q:

Hi,
I have a big problem with writing on chat. It happens very often. When i try to write something on chat, i just can’t. Letters come with a lag of couple of seconds, and some of them are lost from input stream. When i see this, i always try to send it and start again, but can’t do that to, because ‘Enter’ works with huge lag also, or don’t work at all. The fun part is, that everything else is OK inside the game, i can move without any delays, and i use WSAD to move. Also, i don’t have any problems with my keyboard outside of the game. When that happened for the first time, i changed my keyboard batteries (it’s wireless, i tought that might be the problem, but it happens only in GW2 chat window). Is it a bug in game chat window, or something on my side? Anyone have the same problem as me?

Thanks for any response & help.

Posted by: Tjynde.1604

Tjynde.1604

It sound weird. Have you tried using a wired keyboard.
I found this but they found no workaround :
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/57478-occasional-unresponsive-keyboard/

Best regards
Tjynde

Jasak.6521

Yea, found that topic on my first google search about that problem, when i could not stand that anymore (it’s really annoying). Well, i don’t have any wired keyboard, but im going to buy one because of that … thing. Anyway it’s strange because it happened to me only in GW2.

Tjynde.1604

Well if you can live with it, be patient and hope for a patch to fix it. Would be sad if you wasted money on a keyboard and someone found a workaround the next day, or a patch that fixes it.

Best regards
Tjynde

Jasak.6521

But i feel like im the only one with that kind of problem, and you know what happens when one person have some problems with the game, but there is a plenty other more important thing that needs to be fixed first… I just hope, that someone will just review that issue, and say something like this: “Our chat window works like any other text input windows in any other systems, so check for viruses, trojans, malwares, change keyboard because logitech wireless keyboard doesn’t like our game […]”

Tjynde.1604

I know what you mean.
BTW did you let Windows install your keyboard, or did you download the drivers from the fabricator?
Try updating your keyboard drivers.

Best regards
Tjynde

Jasak.6521

Installed logitech drivers, still the same. It looks like this:
ENTER to open chat
blah blah bla bla
bl<couple of seconds delay> bla ah (letters eaten by Zhaitan…)
ENTER to close that annoying chat
q,w,e,1,2,3 every key that i use to play the game works now fine and can cast spells without ANY delay.

Something is deffinetely wrong with that chat window, srsly.

Posted by: Malvado.1460

Malvado.1460

had experienced some guild chat lag of more than 5 secs

Jasak.6521

Okay, new facts. I have the same problem with ‘writing something’ on any other program/window IF guild wars 2 is running. (but they are less annoying (better reaction, but still delayed))

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

i get something similar, i log in, try to type to someone and nothing pops up whisper wise, forget about doing that…go do a dungeon , 10 minutes later chat spams on my screen with wwwwwwwwwwwwasdawdasdwasdwasd 123124124
….
it literally has the input box in, so whatever i push, im typing…and its a BIG problem.
its not client side…

(edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230)