Stuttering

Stuttering

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: skaruz.5391

skaruz.5391

Hey guys, I recently bought a new pc. Every game that i play stutters all the time and I have no idea how to fix this fps goes from 44-200 fps on some games.

My specs:

Intel core i5-4570 cpu @ 3,20GHz
8gb of ram
gtx 660

Stuttering

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Can you upload a video of the behavior?

Stuttering

skaruz.5391

Unfourtantly not. It’s fine for around 2 secs, but then it then starts to stutters.

Stuttering

skaruz.5391

Just tried Just Cause 2, stuttering still. It’s like every 2 secs it goes into slow mode kind of feel.

Stuttering

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Use Task Manager (press Ctrl-Alt-Del) and disable as many start up programs as possible (the ones you know you don’t need). Then reboot.

If you have Windows 7, use MSCONFIG instead of Task Manager.

Stuttering

skaruz.5391

Already did that and no luck

Stuttering

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi skaruz – Are you overclocking any of your hardware at all? I’ve seen this issue tied to the GPU and I’ve mostly seen this issue with SLI configurations or drivers.

Stuttering

Posted by: Kodiac.7615

Kodiac.7615

This kind of issue is usually due to SLI like technologies like Ashley said, or heat.

And with the comments in this post my guess is currently overheating.

http://legionduphenix.com – Communauté Multi-Jeux Francophone

Stuttering

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Stuttering when you enter a new zone is usually caused by a bottleneck in the memory bus when trying to push a large number of textures into the video card’s memory. Once that initial push is completed, you shouldn’t experience it again. Is the experience most pronounced when you turn around immediately upon loading? When turning, the graphics card is receiving the additional textures of the near area within your field of view, filling up that bus even more aggressively.

I have had the same experience with SLI and non-SLI in many games. Ways to test:

1. Stand still for 10 seconds upon entering a zone before moving
2. Reduce texture map and quality levels.
3. Difference between architecturally complex areas vs simple ones

Good luck!

I’m not sure why overclocking would have affect, unless your system is overheating and undergoing thermal protection speed throttling.

Stuttering

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Allisa-

Overclocking can actually hurt performance if not done properly or pushed too far.

Stuttering

skaruz.5391

Hey guys thank you all for your advice it was an over heating problem going up to 98!

Stuttering

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Sounds like your video card slot might not be set to full 16x (or you have your video card installed in the secondary video slot that is usually a 4x ONLY slot).

Try reseating your video card first (could just be not seated well) and then try to find out (via motherboard documentation or a 3rd party utility) about the speed setting of your PCIe video slot(s). (actually, it’s not a speed setting but a channel width setting that many users mistakenly call a speed setting)

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)