Sudden Lag Issues

Sudden Lag Issues

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Yep two people have issues. Super likely it’s Anet messing up.

When other games are smooth and seamless you know the issue isn’t on your end. I played 3 different games today and 100% of my lag issues were in Guild Wars 2. No, the 8 frame input lag in Street Fighter 5 doesn’t count since I disabled V-Sync and everyone else has it anyway.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

When other games are smooth and seamless you know the issue isn’t on your end. I played 3 different games today and 100% of my lag issues were in Guild Wars 2. No, the 8 frame input lag in Street Fighter 5 doesn’t count since I disabled V-Sync and everyone else has it anyway.

No you don’t know if it is your internet connection.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Everything else works fine, so it’s not at my end. And since it’s only GW2 who’s ping has gone through the roof; Yeah, it’s Anet.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

Nope if it’s Anet everyone is affected. Not a few people. As previously suggested run ping plotter and post results here if you don’t know how to interpret it.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Kurocifer.6783

Kurocifer.6783

same here … since patch …other games are fine !! fix pls

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Most of the times i’m unable to use chat/friendlist/guild, lots of random lag spikes (only in gw2).

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Sho.5791

Sho.5791

I have the same problem , any solution?

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

I have the same problem , any solution?

Yes there is. Run pingplotter and determine where the problem is. Once you know where then you will know who to contact.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Nemui.1948

Nemui.1948

i’m having the same problem. it’s been like this since 1 week ago, i’ve runned pingplotter and and i’m getting 100% percent of packet loss at the ncsoft.com side. it’s definitely anet side issue.

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

i’m having the same problem. it’s been like this since 1 week ago, i’ve runned pingplotter and and i’m getting 100% percent of packet loss at the ncsoft.com side. it’s definitely anet side issue.

you are not reading it correctly, can you post a pic? Its not possible for anet to have 100% PL right now.

Sudden Lag Issues

Nemui.1948

mm maybe you re right but there is packet loss in their side.

Attachments:

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Kamsin.8541

Kamsin.8541

Same problem here, since patch, other games are fine. massive slowing down, some dc (graphic issue ? sometimes fps <10)

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Progeny.1207

Progeny.1207

Same problem. Low fps and very high ping. Didn’t play for 2 years and few days ago thought to play again a bit, but… Was quite disappointed when logged in first time. Set graphic to minimum – but it didn’t help.

Sudden Lag Issues

Gator.5729

Your packet loss begins long before the Anet server, Those 100’s in the PL column are the cause.

Sudden Lag Issues

Nemui.1948

Your packet loss begins long before the Anet server, Those 100’s in the PL column are the cause.

But it isn’t my side either. I’m assuming it’s, how do you call it, their isp(?)

Sudden Lag Issues

Nemui.1948

But it isn’t my side either. I’m assuming it’s, how do you call it, their isp(?)

I did run yesterday winmrt, another tracer.

posting a screen.

The % it’s packets.

Attachments:

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

It’s Dallas level 3. Your ISP has a contract where they use that node when taking that route to servers in Texas. Anet does not control the route your ISP takes.

Sudden Lag Issues

Nemui.1948

It’s Dallas level 3. Your ISP has a contract where they use that node when taking that route to servers in Texas. Anet does not control the route your ISP takes.

that nice to know, i thought it was anet service because it anet servers were in texas. well i’ll se what support tells me.

thanks for the info

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

Yep. If you played another game with servers in Texas your ISP would still take you through level 3 and you would have problems with that too. My ISP does not use level 3 in Dallas so I don’t have any issues.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: holychampion.7386

holychampion.7386

Ok I need to post this here since no one at Anet responded on the “spanish” forum.
Please guys fix the lag, most ppl outside the USA are getting terrible and permanent lag.
Sry for posting this here but it’s getting unbearable. It’s not a conection problem as was stated in the spanish forum.

Please, DO something. It’s been over a month.

(edited by holychampion.7386)

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

It is a connection issue… If people in the US aren’t having problems it is definitely a connection problem. Most likely a node along the route your internet provider takes to get to Anet servers is having issues. You can run ping plotter to determine where the problem is then call your ISP to pressure the node owner to fix it.

Sudden Lag Issues

holychampion.7386

We identified the problem back there. It was a node called “Dallas X( something)”, but the fact that up to this day it still remains is infuriating. I think it is out of jurisdiction from my internet provider. Isn’t the pathway of data set by Anet corp?

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

We identified the problem back there. It was a node called “Dallas X( something)”, but the fact that up to this day it still remains is infuriating. I think it is out of jurisdiction from my internet provider. Isn’t the pathway of data set by Anet corp?

It’s level 3 in Dallas. And no Anet has no control over that. Your ISP has a contract with level 3 in Dallas to use their node when your internet route takes a path to Texas where Anet has its servers. You would have the same problem with a game or website whose servers are also in Texas. My ISP does not use level 3 in Dallas so I don’t have this issue. You have to call and have your ISP pressure that node to get fixed. But it’s unlikely to do much good. You could also try re routing your internet with a program like WTFast but I don’t know much about those.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Bloonis.9528

Bloonis.9528

Today average ping in ranked arena EU server over 500 constantly.

The game is NOT playable like this. And it’s been like that the past week or so. Everything else runs perfectly in my PC, from web browsers to other online games.

The problem is ONLY with GW2.

Seek and you shall find

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Urdfexe.9147

Urdfexe.9147

I have very bad lag today too, not only in spvp but also in wvw.

Sudden Lag Issues

Gator.5729

Run ping plotter when you are having the issues. It is the only way to determine where the problem is. One of the nodes your connection passes through may be the issue. If it is, then it is outside of Anet’s control.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: faker.7253

faker.7253

Everything works at ~30ms, just ncsoft has heavy packet loss

Attachments:

Sudden Lag Issues

holychampion.7386

Thank you, I’ll try to see what I can do from there and announce it in the spanish forums.
Thx again!

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

Everything works at ~30ms, just ncsoft has heavy packet loss

You aren’t showing the first 8 hops. Wherever the problem starts is where the issue is. You will continue to get worse packet loss as you go down the list after it starts. It snow balls al the way down but the end does not indicate the problem. It’s the start of the packet loss where the problem lies.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: DeathStroke.5143

DeathStroke.5143

Hello i have been having terrible lag ever since last week. Before last week’s patch everything was running perfectly. This has broken my game and i’m lagging with skills, movement and everywhere i go in the game. I have updated my video drivers as i have a dedicated GPU not a integrated one. Anet please take this seriously as people i know who play the game with me are also complaining about this kittenty lag. Also i have tried re downloading the game a few times but the end result is the same with this kittenty lag. Please fix this is your next patch hence the game is unplayable to a lot of people not just me. If you think it is a fault in my computer your mistaken because it used to run perfect on low settings before your recent patches also check the forums people are also having the same problem.

Thank you for your consideration

(edited by DeathStroke.5143)

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

Hello i have been having terrible lag ever since last week. Before last week’s patch everything was running perfectly. This has broken my game and i’m lagging with skills, movement and everywhere i go in the game. I have updated my video drivers as i have a dedicated GPU not a integrated one. Anet please take this seriously as people i know who play the game with me are also complaining about this kittenty lag. Also i have tried re downloading the game a few times but the end result is the same with this kittenty lag. Please fix this is your next patch hence the game is unplayable to a lot of people not just me. If you think it is a fault in my computer your mistaken because it used to run perfect on low settings before your recent patches also check the forums people are also having the same problem.

Thank you for your consideration

Please take the time to read the thread to solve your problem.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: DeathStroke.5143

DeathStroke.5143

I have tried changing to internet DNS settings to google’s dns server which is 8.8.8.8 for primary & 8.8.8.4 for secondary. It helped me with the lag as it vanished. The reason why I think changing the internet DNS settings helps you resolve your issue is because it reroutes the DNS server to a much stable one since your ISP might have a bad DNS server.

(edited by DeathStroke.5143)

Sudden Lag Issues

faker.7253

Google DNS is just making more laggs. Heres another screen of pingplotter with normal DNS

Attachments:

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

NCsoft need to sort their stuff out. Miraculously the spikes happen at the most inappropriate times; fractals, PvP, on a full map that you get dumped out of and you can’t get back. It’s very annoying.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Rita.6230

Rita.6230

Past 2 weeks im having as well lag spikes and disconnects. Hopefully this get fixed fast, seems many people is having same issue.

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

If you read the thread you might figure it out. Just saying ^^

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: KicapPekat.1728

KicapPekat.1728

having bad lag.. but thanks not to get dc.. i get avg ping 2400 during do of any events in game.. even map hot or tyria.. can’t hit mob, do skills.. please anet, don’t make me cry.. T_T

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: WizardBro.4510

WizardBro.4510

I have ridiculous lag issues. 300-1000 ping for no reason. Please fix this I’ve even restarted my router several times. nothing works only thing I can assume is something on your end.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: WizardBro.4510

WizardBro.4510

Now I have constant Disconnect issues.

Sudden Lag Issues

Andraus.3874

If you read the thread you can figure it out.

Sudden Lag Issues

faker.7253

I can just figure out, that NC servers are having really bad connections. 20% packet loss is normal, and everything else works fine, and since the latest patch its even worse.
Pingplotter for scale :lol:

Some other NCsoft games having connection issues as well. Must be a NC problem
https://m.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/47pgn4/so_lag_spikes_it_is_definitely_not_my_isp_fault/

Attachments:

(edited by faker.7253)

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Jysoul Qualik.9284

Jysoul Qualik.9284

When will we get a response from Anet on this ongoing issue?

Sudden Lag Issues

faker.7253

Never, just quit this game and play Pokemon Go. Probably less connection issues.

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

For those of you that don’t know how Internet security works it is normal for Ncsoft to show packet loss this is the servers rejecting the ping request for security reasons not because the lag issue is on them. Also when posting lag issues it always best to give a general location like country/city, the lag is most likely a regional thing and not relate to the game servers. If Anet or NCSoft were having issues they would post in in the forums they have in the past. 99.9% of all lag is the Internet and most likely over crowding or technical issues like a bad node in a backbone some where.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Sudden Lag Issues

Posted by: Berlin.3768

Berlin.3768

is the lag issue still going? cuz ive been experiencing lag issues for the past 2 weeks now?