Suggestion for ArenaNet

Suggestion for ArenaNet

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sephalo.5407

Sephalo.5407

Suggestion:

ArenaNet, why don’t you use my money and the money of hundreds (if not thousands) of other people to pay an EXPERT to look into the constant crashing issues caused by your game. These Out of Memory things don’t seem to happen in World of Warcraft or any other game I play. And I think that a LOWEST GRAPHIC Gw2 game is less beautiful than a medium graphic WoW.

I don’t want to play WoW. I want to play GW2. I love the game itself, but its UNPLAYABLE cus of the crashes all the time.

Why don’t you use my €45,- spent on the expansion I CAN"T PLAY, together with the money from all those other people that share my problems, to pay an EXPERT to look into FIXING this. Because I have NO HOPE that your current team of people will actually fix this.

I’m feeling TOTALLY left out, and would actually like to get all my spent money on GW2 back, since ever since HoT came around I CANT PLAY ANYMORE. So what’s the point in having leveled all those level 80’s and great gear. It’s al POINTLES as of now.

So:

A) Give me all the money back which is probably (with gems) around €150,-
B) Spend €150,- (and the money of all the others) on a DECENT programmer to find and solve the issue!

- Unable to play GW2 properly ever since HoT launched because of crashing the minute I login…

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

And they are not already?

Might as well suggest they hire a soothsayer while you’re at it. Like seriously, if they knew how to fix it, wouldn’t they be already?

And introducing somebody new, wouldn’t they likely not know anything about the architecture of the programmed game client or servers? Like even if they have a background and experience in the language used for programming the game, and software engineering, they’d have to at least study the code over and figure out relationships between different parts of the software. We are talking literally hundreds of thousands of lines of code here, even if we ignore some of the obviously not related causes of the issue. And then we’re talking about people with different systems and installations. We are not even talking about how some people use 3rd party modifications that could also be breaking their game.

Best thing they can do atm is, gather bug reports from people, including the crash log, as well as system specs. Because if the game supports dumps of error information, a developer can see where the problem potentially might be, or at least a starting point.

Okay if that does not convince you, let me tell you this. The game works perfectly fine on my computer. But to other people, no it does not. So why is that? Well that’s something to figure out why. It’s not as if they can, wave a magic wand. It requires time and effort, patience as well.

Thank you for understanding, and apologies for your frustrations. U _U

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

(edited by Loli Ruri.8307)

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Sephalo.5407

Look at your computer specs (in signature). They are above the average of players.
I dont have the money to buy such a computer. But according to the minimun requirements (which I reach easily) that’s not needed. GW2 fooled me with the minimum requirements for sure.

And I don’t care how they fix this. But these crashes have been here ever since the freaking BETA 3 years ago. It’s just that now that HoT came around they’ve multiplied 10 times, and cause crashes every 2-15-min depending on the zone.
I cant even do map completion in a zone like Kessex Hills or something for more than 15min without a crash with settings on LOW.

They didnt fix A THING about this issue in the past 3 years, so I’m sure they wont fix a kitten thing in the upcoming 3 years either.

I’m just saying, my game is ruined unless I spend €600+ on a new computer. And since GW2 would be my only reason to need a new computer, I find that a very kitten expansive game to spend so much money on.

I rather have my money back, or have it used a right way. Cus right now the money that’s coming from me is probably going into development of new content WHICH I CANT EVER SEE ANYWAY.

- Unable to play GW2 properly ever since HoT launched because of crashing the minute I login…

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sadly, you are mistaken. My game doesn’t crash, and I don’t have some fancy specced computer. Most would call it a potato, probably. Thus, the solution is not spending money on super hardware.

They already have hired an expert; no one knows their proprietary engine more than their own programmers. You will just have to be patient, change your hardware, or seek some other solution.

Good luck.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Loli Ruri.8307

Only thing moderately expensive in my rig is my graphics card. The rest is pretty common these days.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

No crashes here, it’s most likely you have to many craptastic programs and apps running in the background. Clean up your system and most likely this will solve your issue. With your logic that It’s something wrong with the game then everyone would be crashing and that’s just not the case, good luck!

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Sephalo.5407

You guys don’t bring me (and the others with issues) any further with saying that you don’t have any problems and telling me about your computers. There are a lot of people that have problems. We are NOT using 3rd party software, we do NOT have any weird issues with computers. A lot of programs run fine (all actually) with the exception of Guild Wars 2.

Take a look at this topic (with like 7 pages already in 3 weeks time): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Client-Crashing-constantly-1

Now after reading that, tell me again how you are not having any problems.
You guys are saying it as if it must be my own fault. Don’t come to me with this bull. If it is my own fault, and it’s the faulf of all the other people that have the same issues, then how come ArenaNet doesn’t know an answer or solution for us? And how come it became 10 times worse as soon as HoT got released?

I’m very frustrated, and I am NOT in the mood to read how you guys are not having problems. That doesn’t bring us (the people that DO have problems) any further.
ArenaNet is NOT being coöperative, which is causing me to release this frustration in such a way. I first tried to do it nicely for the last three weeks. And actually also did the same thing 3 years ago when the problems occured once every 2 hours or so. (which is manageable. I wish it was still like that).

And come on. “no crashes here, it’s most likely you have to many craptastic programs and apps running in the background.”. I’ve completely erased my entire computer to try the game. I ONLY had GW2 installed and didn’t even run anything like a firewall or even Windows updater in the background. No Dropbox. Nothing. I used a command prompt (forgot what) to detect this stuff and turn it all off. Someone helped me with that, since I’m looking for solutions myself for hours and hours as well.

It’s just sad that a guy like me that has no in depth knowledge of computers, has to go through all this stuff while ArenaNet already had 3 years to see this becoming worse and worse after every update. They had the time to prevent this, but instead punish those that still kept on playing or returned after a long time to try out HoT.

As I said, the game is broken right now. And I’m not in the mood to hear you guys tell me how you are not having any issues, or how I must be doing something wrong. Since I am not. I passed that stadium for ages already, and really came to the conclussion now I’m not doing anything wrong, but the game just has big issues.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And sometimes the cause of a crash is not easy to find. The more people send in detail bug reports the closer ANet will get to finding what is causing the problem.

It’s even harder when not everyone experiences the problems. Because then it’s how their code interacts with our computers. Which makes it near impossible for ANet to know they’ve got the problem fixed. Because they don’t have our computers.

Then when they’ve found a fix, they have to test to make sure it doesn’t break anything else.

And yes, you are doing something wrong. You’re assuming ANet’s not doing what it can to fix the problem. They are. Not all problems can be solved quickly. Some problems take a while to fix.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Sephalo.5407

After three years I expect development in this. If they still can’t fix it (which I find difficult to understand) they should admit their failure and refund money to those that want. My €150,- per example.

If it has to do with the computer quality, then they should increase the minimum requirements for the game to not fool people around. Since that’s what they’re doing. People get fooled, buy the game, and become unable to even play it properly.

But the crashes are unfurtonately also happening to computers that are way better than minimum.

Why can’t ArenaNet solve this thing, when other MMO’s don’t have problems with it.
GW2 on lowest graphics, should have less difficulties than all the other MMO’s I’ve played on high settings like WoW, Aion, Warhammer Online.

I’m waiting three years for a fix, but instead its getting worse every patch.
Don’t tell me to be patient or anything. They have had enough time by now.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It may not be computer quality that’s at fault. It may be certain specific models of graphics cards or processors. And the ones affected aren’t the worst and aren’t the best.

Other MMO’s don’t have the same code. No two games have the same code unless the one developed last is asking to be sued. The problem lies in the code and it can be just like finding a needle in a haystack to find a glitch.

The more different variations of the problem exist makes it harder. You crash on log in. Others crash 30 minutes to an hour later. Others crash a couple hours later. Yet others either aren’t affected or don’t play long enough to reach the point in which they crash. What makes the problem crash on Player A, but an hour later for Player B?

If everyone had the same experience, it would likely be easier for them to find and fix it.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I’ll just leave this here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/64-bit-Client-Beta-FAQ

If you’re on a 32-bit CPU/OS, well it’s about time to upgrade. There’s honestly no reason to still be using 32-bit these days.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Suggestion:

ArenaNet, why don’t you use my money and the money of hundreds (if not thousands) of other people to pay an EXPERT to look into the constant crashing issues caused by your game. These Out of Memory things don’t seem to happen in World of Warcraft or any other game I play. And I think that a LOWEST GRAPHIC Gw2 game is less beautiful than a medium graphic WoW.

I don’t want to play WoW. I want to play GW2. I love the game itself, but its UNPLAYABLE cus of the crashes all the time.

Why don’t you use my €45,- spent on the expansion I CAN"T PLAY, together with the money from all those other people that share my problems, to pay an EXPERT to look into FIXING this. Because I have NO HOPE that your current team of people will actually fix this.

I’m feeling TOTALLY left out, and would actually like to get all my spent money on GW2 back, since ever since HoT came around I CANT PLAY ANYMORE. So what’s the point in having leveled all those level 80’s and great gear. It’s al POINTLES as of now.

So:

A) Give me all the money back which is probably (with gems) around €150,-
B) Spend €150,- (and the money of all the others) on a DECENT programmer to find and solve the issue!

• Is this the standard OOM crash or something else?
  • What kind of crash do you see? Exactly what happens? Does the game crash to desktop? Does it crash to a black (Or red or white or orange, etc) screen with sound? Does it recover or does the sound get stuck in a loop?
  • Can you recover the computer or do you require a hard reset?
  • What video card do you have?
  • Have you checked the Windows event viewer to see if any warnings or errors are generated at the time of the crash? What about the GW2 crash file, what does it say?
  • How much memory does your computer have?
  • How big is your virtual memory (Paging file)?
  • Are you running the x64 or the x86 (32-bit) client? If you’re running the x86 client try killing a bunch of background processes to free up some memory, keeping in mind some people on the x64 client are seeing over 6g of memory usage in the new maps, while the x86 client is incapable of using more than 4g. This 4g is a hard limitation of the 32-bit architecture and is not the fault of ANet? A vast majority of people should be on 64-bit these days and ANet really should change their minimum specs. Realistically, they should have went 64-bit from the start.
  • What HAVE you done to try to mitigate the crashing?

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Cosmin.8306

Cosmin.8306

I’ll just leave this here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/64-bit-Client-Beta-FAQ

If you’re on a 32-bit CPU/OS, well it’s about time to upgrade. There’s honestly no reason to still be using 32-bit these days.

You should also leave some $ for a new pc while you’re at it. Ppl are frustrated for a reason( a valid one i might add) , and the game should work fine on 32-bit. It’s a gw2 problem not a user pc one.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Leamas.5803

You should also leave some $ for a new pc while you’re at it. Ppl are frustrated for a reason( a valid one i might add) , and the game should work fine on 32-bit. It’s a gw2 problem not a user pc one.

Eventually it becomes a user problem. Old architectures/hardware cannot be supported forever otherwise everything would run on Intel 8088, look like King’s Quest and run in 4 color monochrome. GW2 is 3 years old. Consumer grade 64-bit came out with AMD 64-bit machines in 2003 with Intel releasing the 64-bit Pentium 4 in 2004, making 64-bit hardware the standard ever since. Personally, I think it’s amazing ANet has managed to support it as long as they have, but better graphics and bigger maps with more people on them are starting to require more memory than 32-bit architecture can physically provide.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Loli Ruri.8307

I have seen youtube videos where they have assembled a cheap computer that can handle games better than Guild Wars 2 in regards to requirements. I can’t tell you how to get that money. Your computer parts don’t even need to be new. Second hand parts are super cheap if you don’t get ripped off in the deal. Yeah sadly some people think their stuff from a few years ago is still worth close to what they paid for, when really at most it’s reasonable to say it’s probably worth only $40 bucks tops. Last I checked, you don’t need a 980 Ti graphics card to run Guild Wars 2. In fact most games can be played really well on a 760 reference design model. Those are cheap enough to reach and obtain. I know there are some i7 CPU chips out there that people no longer want, that would work really well for Guild Wars 2, be easy to get your hands on. Hell you could just try for an i5 CPU. Just make sure to arm yourself up with knowledge, and make sure the parts are compatible. You can check parts online to see what works. I however recommend not cheapening out on a descent power supply. But get a power supply that works within the scope of power that you are planning to use, plus 200 watts. Anything more than this is just blowing money out your rear for no good reason. Budget computers don’’t really need to worry about huge hardware expansions in the future.

(edited by Loli Ruri.8307)

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Cosmin.8306

Except it ran fine on 32-bit just before HOT hit, the morning after errors started pouring in. Even the old zones that used to be fine are now crash galore. So, it’s still a gw2 problem.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Diefzix.5468

Diefzix.5468

Except it ran fine on 32-bit just before HOT hit, the morning after errors started pouring in. Even the old zones that used to be fine are now crash galore. So, it’s still a gw2 problem.

Seconded. Again, for me, GW2 ran reasonably well before HoT/Halloween (save for world boss crashes, that I mostly did away with by lowering character quality).
Ever since October, the game crashes persistently and consistenly after about 5-10 minutes and remains unplayable (even old, lower level zones).

Given that people still OOM crash on 64-bit systems, an upgrade isn’t a guaranteed solution. The task of fixing this remains with Anet, who seem to be surprisingly nonchalant about the whole thing.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Leamas.5803

From what I understand, GW2 has long had OOM issues with the 32-bit version, even before HoT, especially with large events like Tequatl. I was not affected by this as I had crashing issues from the nVidia driver. Keeping my framerate and graphics setting low probably helped me avoid the OOM issue that affected many others. With the HoT release, the mastery system, new scavenger hunts and all the new items plus all the returning players who have been on “vacation” waiting for HoT to come out has probably pushed the memory usage over the top for some people. The legendary “quest” and scavenger hunts, especially, for the mistward armor as well as the elite specialization scavenger hunts have lots of people in previously empty zones which WILL increase memory requirements. So, while they didn’t really change the old content too much, they wrangled a way to get a lot of people playing the old content. Try lowering the framerate and/or resolution so that it’s not pushing so much in to memory. You could also try disabling hi-res character textures as well as light adaptation…lower the shadows/shaders and post processing too. Free up some memory by killing extra stuff you don’t need running while using GW2, like Steam, uPlay, Origin, Battlenet, Adobe Updater, Apple iPod/iPad/iPhone services, etc.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Cosmin.8306

Any lower than my current settings would mean drawing gw2 on a piece of paper, also made sure there were no additional programs running in the background . And I doubt the scavenger hunts are the source of the problems, I used to be able to do SW on full maps with no crashes, now after 5-10 mins there it dies.

Edit: Also to add to the frustration the spot on the map isn’t reserved so SW and the new HoT zones are a no-no for some players.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

I upgraded to the 64bit and still have crashes. It’s still in beta and not a fix for everyone. I rarely, if EVER crashed in GW2. In HoT I crash at least once when playing.

Suggestion for ArenaNet

Sephalo.5407

Reviving Thread:
Do you guys see now how those OOM crashes shouldn’t be blamed on the people that have them. At this moment, isn’t it OBVIOUS that ArenaNet is doign something extremely wrong. Look at the amount of people that say the game became unplayable after last patch. It was already a lot after HoT, but now that the raiding patch came around the game really looks dead to me.