Sup with the graphics?

Sup with the graphics?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lindail.1428

Lindail.1428

Q:

http://i.imgur.com/INTz9.jpg

As you can see the graphics is bugged as hell.
I am using 7900 GTX graphic card and I can run other games perfectly.

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: DragonTyrion.2538

DragonTyrion.2538

GW2 is currently CPU bound, what this means is that your graphics card is doing kitten all.

At the moment, people with low-spec PC’s will experience better framerates than people with top-of-the-line gaming rigs.

Something that Anet has suggested, and I’ve seen some people get results from, is stop any overclocking you have going on either your graphics card or you CPU. I’m not entirely sure why this would help, but it does.

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: Lindail.1428

Lindail.1428

I am not overclocking anything. How do ‘’stop overclocking’’ ?

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: King Doofus.6158

King Doofus.6158

You should have the Nvidia Control Panel application installed on your machine, this allows you to manage all aspects of your graphics card. Actually this problem isn’t new, many players had the same problem with Battlefield 3 including me when it first came out.

For example, my card, the GTX560ti is “factory overclocked” by default to 900mhz. In order to resolve the BF3 problem one recommendation was to “underclock” or if you are in a circumstance where by default your card is already set to overclock by default, reduce the juice.

You do this by accessing the Nvidia Control Panel (download it if you haven’t got it installed, i had to manually search for it on Google when i installed my card) , select Adjust GPU settings, change the option from “factory shipped clock frequency” to “custom clock frequency”. Adjust the frequency bar, perhaps reduce it by 10mhz – 20mhz (might seem like minor reductions but they can help with heat, power consumption by alot) and save the settings.

Try it.

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: Lockeness.7931

Lockeness.7931

I would try to restart the game, and if that doesn’t work maybe in the most extreme sense, redownload the game if you downloaded it from the internet. If you have a physical copy I would try that.

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

@Doofus…

Nvidia control panel is automatically installed whenever you install a driver for your gpu,thats needed to run Any game.And that option isnt even there to begin with.

@Dragon,she isnt complaining about fps issues,shes complaining about the glitchy shadows shes showing us in the picture,unrelated.

@OP Maybe try a full reinstall for your mobo + gpu drivers etc and update DirectX.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: Cbuzz.5083

Cbuzz.5083

GW2 is currently CPU bound, what this means is that your graphics card is doing kitten all.

At the moment, people with low-spec PC’s will experience better framerates than people with top-of-the-line gaming rigs.

Something that Anet has suggested, and I’ve seen some people get results from, is stop any overclocking you have going on either your graphics card or you CPU. I’m not entirely sure why this would help, but it does.

W…T…F…

^^I’ll have 3 of whatever he’s on…

i7 3770k@4.8Ghz / AIR
GTX 6GB Titan@1160Mhz
3007WFP@2560x16000

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

W…T…F…

Actually that was a pretty informed post. A bit dated by now but still holds true to a lesser degree then during the beta.

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: King Doofus.6158

King Doofus.6158

@ Caedmon

Perhaps the Control Panel needs to be updated? Mine definitely has the option. Version 4.3.790.0 is what i have. Perhaps that option is only available on cards where managing the frequency is allowed?

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: Easypeasy.1246

Easypeasy.1246

W…T…F…

Actually that was a pretty informed post. A bit dated by now but still holds true to a lesser degree then during the beta.

Absolute rubbish.

100fps+ here thru beta and still going strong i7-2700k@4.8GHz, 2xgtx580 SLI

CPU doesn’t even sweat, both GPU’s 90%+

There are over 1 Million people that play this game and there is lucky to be 500 people in the forums complaining about low fps. Of them, most have poor systems with high expectations.

There are however a few with genuine issues but nothing to make such global sweeping statements.

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

@ Caedmon

Perhaps the Control Panel needs to be updated? Mine definitely has the option. Version 4.3.790.0 is what i have. Perhaps that option is only available on cards where managing the frequency is allowed?

No..you’re not talking about nvidia control panel.You’re talking about Nvidia System Tools,wich is a tool from nvidia to oc the gpu.

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: gosu.8153

gosu.8153

lol. This is such a flawed argument. What other games? Minecraft?
7900 GTX is a 6 year old card and there are tons modern games that it can’t run “perfectly”.

Sup with the graphics?

Smackjack.5071

W…T…F…

Absolute rubbish.

100fps+ here thru beta and still going strong i7-2700k@4.8GHz, 2xgtx580 SLI

CPU doesn’t even sweat, both GPU’s 90%+

There are over 1 Million people that play this game and there is lucky to be 500 people in the forums complaining about low fps. Of them, most have poor systems with high expectations.

There are however a few with genuine issues but nothing to make such global sweeping statements.

Just because YOU do not have a issue doesnt mean that these reports that you call rubbish are exactly that. >.>

Ironicaly enough what is rubbish is that number you just pulled out of yourkitten only 500 people that have fps issues you say ? .. sure …w/e man.

(edited by Smackjack.5071)

Sup with the graphics?

Smackjack.5071

lol. This is such a flawed argument. What other games? Minecraft?
7900 GTX is a 6 year old card and there are tons modern games that it can’t run “perfectly”.

Yeah a 7900GTX will not be running other games flawlessy unless you take them below PS3 and xbox 360 level. I used to have a 7950 and Crysis 1 was a kitten to run ,never mind way newer titles.

Sup with the graphics?

Posted by: Mozztacc.5471

Mozztacc.5471

2xgtx580 SLI

So you have quad SLI? because that would be 2x gtx 580 SLI

Sup with the graphics?

Smackjack.5071

2xgtx580 SLI

So you have quad SLI? because that would be 2x gtx 580 SLI

Obviously he is saying he has 2 580’s in SLI, i dont see what is so hard to get about it.
Arguing semantics is usually done in a losing battle , why start one.