Super low FPS

Super low FPS

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I’ve been at like 12 fps since the patch. I usually have much better. Anyone else experiencing this?

Attachments:

Super low FPS

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Super low FPS

Posted by: Pansertjald.5746

Pansertjald.5746

It is NOT our internet that is the problem. IT’S GW2

The problem has been around since the patch from 3/8/16. People are NOT having problems in any other games then GW2 and Anet is not doing any thing or giving us any info on the problem.

Most of the time alt tapping out in Windows and back to the game fixes the problem, but not all the time. 50% of the time you have to close the game and start again and that SUCKS when you are doing metas or champ trains

Super low FPS

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

I have a weird FPS bug too, it changes from 30 in 1st person mode to 15-10 in 3rd.

Super low FPS

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

First off we need system specs. CPU,GPU, RAM, OS.

Has their been any Automatic GPU Updates? This is a common problem with Win10 and Nvidia cards especially.

Provide this information and it will be much easier to diagnose probably causes.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Super low FPS

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

Connection speed doesn’t have to do anything with FPS.

It’s probbably just bad engine optimisation.

I will blame GW2 for using DX9, just so they might upgrade to DX11 some day.

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Super low FPS

Posted by: Whitefang.4968

Whitefang.4968

my fps used to be 100 in LA and after a recent new patch of gw2, it went to 20-30. so i decided to test some things out. (i always have latest nvidia graphics update). what i found out was the latest nvidia graphics patch and the gw2 doesnt play well together. i removed it fully using an application and installed 2015 october nvidia graphics version and getting 100fps again. sometimes 120 on high.

Super low FPS

Posted by: CharmedWitchery.1750

CharmedWitchery.1750

Same issues for me, for some reason I now always have 20 fps anywhere since 2-3 days ago.

Super low FPS

R O C.6574

I switched graphics mode to “best performance” from “auto-detect” and i’ve gotten some improvement 25-45 fps…

Super low FPS

Posted by: Askaz.5267

Askaz.5267

I’m having problem even after change to best performance… It’s still crashing.

Super low FPS

Posted by: Silent.7290

Silent.7290

Same problems, i7 3770,gtx980ti,16giga,ssd, low fps, drops from 60 till 15-20 just like that, it is not normal for people that have, a great pc, what about the people with crap pc? ArenaNet, please fix your game, that Maguma and WvW is the problem, if you go in Tyria, you will not see that drop fps! I think the servers can’t manage the number of people, when people start using all the skills, the game just die.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Super low FPS

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Folks, be careful with Nvidia drivers.I suggest to only get your driver updates from the vendor of your card or laptop.those drivers have been tested on the equipment you have. I know that sounds silly but not all cards are create equally.It may say that it has Nvidia in it but that may only be the GPU and not other components on that card.The Nvidia drivers from Nvidia are for pure Nvidia cards.
Also check your vendor for the latest chip set drivers as well.These help your peripherals to communicate with your mother board.
I know many like to have to most up to date software installed but as it goes “If it isn’t broken don’t fix it”.

Super low FPS

Silent.7290

The last updates from Nvidia, have problems, the 361.91 works perfect for me, but not in this game, here doesn’t matter, what pc i have, internet connections , still works bad (Maguma and WvW if is 40+ppl). They don’t care, let’s have some more outfits !

Super low FPS

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Being that there are more people without FPS issues, what do you propose that Anet fixes? If there is an issue with the game wouldn’t it affect everyone or at least most people? My computer is 3+ years old and I maintain 70-120 FPS most of the time, it occasional drops to 50+ at world bosses and highly populated places.

My setup is i7-4960X, (2) GTX-780, 32g ram, samsung 840 pro ssd.

Super low FPS

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Being that there are more people without FPS issues, what do you propose that Anet fixes?

Anet needs to fix some players reading comprehension. It’s been stated many times, even in this very thread, that Nvidia driver auto-updates are USUALLY a problem.

Then here’s all these people with Win10+nvidia GPUs complaining about performance.

And then there’s some that don’t list PC specs even after you ask them…

Techsupport is a mess.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Super low FPS

Silent.7290

Being that there are more people without FPS issues, what do you propose that Anet fixes? If there is an issue with the game wouldn’t it affect everyone or at least most people? My computer is 3+ years old and I maintain 70-120 FPS most of the time, it occasional drops to 50+ at world bosses and highly populated places.

My setup is i7-4960X, (2) GTX-780, 32g ram, samsung 840 pro ssd.

I lie some times too, drops to 50 fps on highly populated places??? Dude i have 980ti and i7 too, and i didn see that fps in maguma and wvw, so stop telling as your bullkitten!!! You work for Anet?:)))

Super low FPS

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

All I can say is think what you want, I play everyday and my FPS never drops to the point of even having to worry about checking it. I have been at the Shaman in Wayfarer when every one is complaining about single digit FPS and I’m still sitting around 50. The bottom line is that there may be small issues with the game but it’s not the reason for the huge FPS loss everyone is claiming.

And by the way, your 980 is no better than my 780 as far as this game is concerned.

Super low FPS

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I forgot to mention that when you want to update drivers it’s best to uninstall the old ones first.Its a little old I know but I simply don’t trust that the installers will take the old garbage out.
good luck folks happy gaming

Super low FPS

Posted by: Vecna.6957

Vecna.6957

my fps is at about 20% what it used to be before spring update, but i also updated nvidia game ready driver to 364.72 around same time. never had problem with auto update generic drivers, in the past, on this pc which is about 3 yrs old. if i alt-tab out of game and back in i go from 15-18 fps to 80+ but i must do it every time i switch maps.
my pc
os win 8.1
intel core i-7 3770k cpu@3.50 ghz
16 gb ram
ge force gtx 660ti x 2

Super low FPS

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

It’s been happening prior to the patch and friend has the same behavior. Sometimes when I start up I get low FPS, while most the time I startup I get great frames. It isn’t the area or how crowded. It just happens randomly on startup. Intel I7/Nvidia 760, 12Gig.

Super low FPS

R O C.6574

Still having fps issues. Everytime the game updates i get hopeful that anet will fixed the problem. Same thing with nvidia…

Not sure what the problem is. I tried the -repair and -clientport 80 shortcuts.

Here are my specs:

Attachments:

Super low FPS

Posted by: Perez.1670

Perez.1670

Been having 50% lower fps than normal, usually at +150fps easily but now it goes down to 40 sometimes?
No internet is not the issue chacked and everything with that is fine. not to mention its 100mb/s down, and 10mb/s up speed.
Nothing special in background programs etc.
Yes i use Highest possible settings ingame but the fps was perfectly fine before until now.

specs:

Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 51 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z97P-D3 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
VG248 (1920×108060Hz) ASUS VH232 (1920x108060Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 51 °C
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD) 41 °C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA) 38 °C
465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA) 40 °C

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Super low FPS

Pansertjald.5746

Folks, be careful with Nvidia drivers.I suggest to only get your driver updates from the vendor of your card or laptop.those drivers have been tested on the equipment you have. I know that sounds silly but not all cards are create equally.It may say that it has Nvidia in it but that may only be the GPU and not other components on that card.The Nvidia drivers from Nvidia are for pure Nvidia cards.
Also check your vendor for the latest chip set drivers as well.These help your peripherals to communicate with your mother board.
I know many like to have to most up to date software installed but as it goes “If it isn’t broken don’t fix it”.

Are you drunk or are you on some kind of heavy drugs?

DL drivers from the manyfactors????

Do you think that Asus or who ever keep testing old cards when ever a new driver comes out from Nvidia????. You DL Nvidia drivers from Nvidia (nvidia geforce experience) or Guru3d.

And not all cards are pure Nvidia cards….. lol what???. No cards are pure Nvidia cards. The manufactors only gets the Nvidia chips and then they make the rest them self. Nvidia just makes the GFX chip and then the manufactors (Asus, MSI, EVGA, Zotac, etc.) makes the GFX cards.

Do you even know what a GFX driver is??? You allmost allways update your GFX drivers to get a boots in games and other apps. Other hardware in your rig only needs driver updates when critical drivers comes out. But GFX drivers allmost allways have to be updated

Super low FPS

Pansertjald.5746

This fix worked for me and i now have full FPS again and no FPS drops any more.

Go to Nvidia panel and set Power savings to full performens. That worked for me. Only GW2 lowers the performens of my card to sleep mode, when ever i load into a new zone or use a WP.

Super low FPS

Posted by: Healy Unit.1023

Healy Unit.1023

Gotta love all the people here immediately going “Well it must be you!”. If a number of people are reporting the same issue, since a specific update of a specific piece of software… wouldn’t it just KINDA make sense to consider that as the route cause? I mean, I realize it’s easier to just throw the problem out and say “not us!” but that really does not help here. I just recently got a new computer (but significantly BEFORE the update!), an Asus gl752vw-dh74, and it should be MORE than capable of running gw2. But I’m sure we’ll just be told “It’s you!”.

Super low FPS

R O C.6574

I believe the unholy fps trinity is as follows:

Gw2 spring update patch
Nvidia driver update 364.72
Windows 10

Thoughts?

Super low FPS

Posted by: Angantyr.9530

Angantyr.9530

I’ll add my voice to the issues. It’s very strange, I just created a new character, used the 80 boost and ever since I got to the silverwastes I can only get 15 or less fps. Just yesterday I was getting kitten doing meta events on a different character.

Super low FPS

Posted by: BajaResident.7940

BajaResident.7940

I have had these problems ever since joining this game a few months ago. I was able to find on Reddit a fix someone suggested if you delete the Local.dat file it will reset your video options (as well as your cached login credentials which is annoying af) and then it will go back up to ~190 fps/~80fps in crowded areas. When the bug hits I can be stuck at ~20 FPS and it is extremely noticeable. I have a 4790 i7 and a 970 gtx so this BS should NOT be happening.

Also note that anytime the Local.dat file gets updated by either changing my graphics setting or by a driver update, it seems to be better. However nothing beats simply deleting the file entirely.

If someone can provide some insight on how to keep this from being an issue I would love to know. I really, really get sick of having to re-enter my login info and then change my graphics setting back to windowed borderless mode every other day.

PS: the file is located here:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2

Super low FPS

Silent.7290

Gotta love all the people here immediately going “Well it must be you!”. If a number of people are reporting the same issue, since a specific update of a specific piece of software… wouldn’t it just KINDA make sense to consider that as the route cause? I mean, I realize it’s easier to just throw the problem out and say “not us!” but that really does not help here. I just recently got a new computer (but significantly BEFORE the update!), an Asus gl752vw-dh74, and it should be MORE than capable of running gw2. But I’m sure we’ll just be told “It’s you!”.

Wheee, thank you man, kitten true, i have problems after update too, low fps, and everybody, says is me:)) this game runs very bad, i got I7 3770k, gtx980ti, 16G ram, i can play all the games in full details, 99%, that 1% is this s1ty game, why is that, i don’t need 60fps all the time, but to jump on foking 15fps, now than start to kitten me off, and than come a smart guy here, and tell me, is your drivers, you need to update your windows, i play for 22 years games, some of you was counting sand in that time, but still i never ever, seen a game, to run this bad!!!!!

(edited by Silent.7290)

Super low FPS

Posted by: AxOw.3820

AxOw.3820

Well i don’t have a new computer, but it lags like never before to that point so i can’t play, i look here from time to time but not fixed, no info, guess i am done, hf guys

Super low FPS

R O C.6574

So my fix was as follows:

Switch max frame rate to 30
Run 64-bit client
Switch graphics to best performance.

It’s a lame fix, but at least the controls are responsive now