Support for 4k monitor

Support for 4k monitor

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Oculatus.7536

Oculatus.7536

Anyone know if there is support for 4k monitor?

Support for 4k monitor

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

It’s just a resolution; I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Support for 4k monitor

Posted by: ST Babaganosh.3745

ST Babaganosh.3745

Both GW1 and 2 have scaling resolutions so as long as the graphics card supports the resolutions should not be an issue. I am running 3 screens with a total of 5040×1050 without issue.

Support for 4k monitor

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

Can confirm that I’m also running a 3-screen setup (5040×900) without issue. Don’t see any reason why a 4k resolution screen wouldn’t work, from a technical standpoint.

(should probably be aware of all the other stuff for a 4k monitor like PCI-E bus bandwidth, dual-link DVI pixel clock rate limits, etc.)

Support for 4k monitor

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Basically the video card needs to support it and you need the proper monitor cable to support the bandwidth from the card to the monitor.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Support for 4k monitor

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I’m going to quote a post I stumbled upon on another forum yesterday as I thought it was quite clever.

newtekie1

Test it yourself.

1. Go into the nVidia Control Panel.

2. Go to the “Adjust Desktop Size and Position”.

3. Under “Select a scaling mode:” select “Full-Screen”.

4. Under “Perform Scaling On:” select “GPU”.

5. Go to “Change Resolution”.

6. Click the “Customize…” button.

7. Click the “Create Custom Resolution” button.

8. Enter the resolution you are thinking of upgrading to.

9. Click “Test”.
It should now apply that resolution and display it on your monitor, it will likely look like crap because the GPU is scaling the higher resolution down to match your monitor’s native resolution, but it should at least display a picture.

10. Click Ok and it will switch back to your native resolution and save the custom resolution.

You can now select 2560×1440 in most games and test to see what kind of framerates you’ll get if you upgrade to a monitor with that resolution.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Support for 4k monitor

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

I run at 3200×1800 downsampling(downsampling is what the above poster is discribing how to do). It works fine. The only thing i will say is the UI even on its largest settings is rather small. So chances are when the 4k monitors are more readily available Anet may need to add an extra setting for even larger UI.
I would try 4k downsampling but im using a single hdmi and 3200×1800 is the highest my hdmi cable will take, even 1 pixel higher and i just get a black screen with a sliver of picture at the top.

I will say this however, if ur going 4k, make sure ur graphics card has enough VRAM.
I tested Crysis 3 at some crazy settings 2day to test my 780 Memory OC.
3200×1800 max settings AND 8x MSAA just about maxed out my VRAM at 3gb. At proper 4k(3820×2160) that would be even higher. But obviosly in proper day to day use with a proper 4k screen, u would not need 8x MSAA, infact u proably wouldnt need any, at most 2x would be enough, so 3gb VRAM should be enough.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

(edited by SolarNova.1052)