Support promised a response to ticket

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ThePahkage.2684

ThePahkage.2684

Support promised a response to a support ticket i opened 9/3/2013, but they haven’t responded for 7 days now. My issue resulted in an immediately ‘escalation’ to a higher level of support. The escalated support tech who took over my case investigated my issue and responded positively offering me a solution on 9/5/2013.

It’s now 7 days later and have yet to see the fruition of the proposed solution. The support tech doesn’t respond. The ticket is still open. 2 days ago I opened a new support ticket to reference my original case, and the status of the new ticket has been changed to ‘duplicate’ and had no written response to me.

I believe the support tech named Andreas may have died, quit his/her job, is out sick or on vacation, or possibly is in some sort of peril….otherwise he/she surely would have follow through with the proposed solution and have contacted me back.

Who should I contact at anet for resolution? If I can get a anet employee response to this post I will PM the support ticket #.

I work tech support for an industry-leading software company….I know this is embarrassing to anet, that they can’t follow thru on a simple support ticket. =(

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

If you really do “work tech support for an industry-leading software company” then I’m sure you’re aware of tickets having varying response times. I’m sure the company where you work is no exception. It happens everywhere.

ArenaNet does not want you creating new tickets to reference existing tickets. Just update the existing one or post your ticket number in the stickied thread linked by bluestocking.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I have worked support for a world leading telephone company, both as a first line technical support as for the complaints department (escalted issues).

I do know the exaggerations you hare claiming are very common among customers. I also know I always ignored them and went straight through the core.

1: NEVER PM an arenanet employee. IF you really do the job you are saying you do, you know that perfectly well. Procedures exist to prevent failure of the procedure and to prevent further complaints. I know it is impersonal but it assures the high quality of support.

2: As said follow the procedure. If a ticket is unresolved within 72 hours please post the ticketnumber in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged . A senior Arenanet official will review the reason why you didn’t have answer.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: ThePahkage.2684

ThePahkage.2684