Support ticket regarding GW1 account recovery

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Captainlasercannon.8914

Captainlasercannon.8914

Hi,

I’m hoping someone from Arenanet will give this a look.

About three or four days ago i sent in a support ticket regarding the recovery of the login info of my old guild wars 1 account, but i still haven’t received a reply of any kind.

Perhaps i’m expecting it to be handled sooner than i should, but i figured i’d post about it here and see if it helps in any way.

Thanks

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Support for GW1 is somewhat slower than for GW2. You should not be concerned, most likely, until a month has passed with no response other than the first automated reply.

Check your junk/spam/etc. folders, and you can peruse the Stickies above about not gettting emails from the CS Team(s).

Good luck.

Captainlasercannon.8914

Thanks for the suggestions.

Captainlasercannon.8914

So it’s been nearly a month and i haven’t received any news regarding my situation, i’ve also since then added more information to the ticket, which should’ve sped things along.

And yes, i can confirm my ticket has been successfully created, since i received a confirmation email back.

Hopefully someone from Arenanet can help me.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

If it’s just that you cannot recall your GW1 login details, or no longer have access to the email address used there, then you may want to consider the option of linking your GW1 account to your GW2 account to reset it.

I think you only need to note a character’s name on the account and know the GW1 cdkey and not the actual login details, but once you link your GW1 account to your GW2 account then the GW1 account login is replaced and will be identical to your GW2 account login info.

It may require that your GW1 account have the Eye of the North expansion activated on it for it to link, but I don’t think that is required to link them.

You can initiate linking by visiting the My Account link up by your login at the top of this page or clicking this: https://account.guildwars2.com and then selecting Link Accounts on the left side and then follow onscreen instructions.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Captainlasercannon.8914

“Unlock access to your earned achievements and rewards by linking your Guild Wars account with your Guild Wars 2 account. Enter your original Guild Wars account name and password below to link your accounts. To calculate your achievements and rewards, visit the Hall of Monuments. "

These are the only instructions I’m getting when navigating to the link account page and seeing as i don’t remember the password, nor have access to my old email account, this isn’t an option for me.

I do own eye of the north by the way, but how it’d know that without me signing into the account makes no sense to me.

Thanks anyway

(edited by Captainlasercannon.8914)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Sorry for that then. It has been a very long time since I linked mine so I could not recall exactly what information was required from the GW1 account to link them. Was worth a shot though.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: xospankyox.5293

xospankyox.5293

so my previous comments where deleted by mod, because it was ‘derailing’ your post.. but anyway good luck with GW1 ill see you in game sometime

Posted by: Thenameless.1420

Thenameless.1420

Yeah, similar problem, dont remember any of my old char names, sent a support ticket 31 days ago, no anwser, i created a topic about it at this forum, was deleted in 8 hours.

Loosing hope.

Captainlasercannon.8914

Thanks StinVec and xospankyox, and yeah Thenameless, this is frustrating for sure. Then again i didn’t expect any different.

Good luck

Captainlasercannon.8914

So it’s been about two months now since i first created a ticket. I’ve delivered all the information necessary for this to be handled but no progress seems to have been made.

Any news Arenanet?

This is getting silly.

Posted by: mashedpoturtles.2067

mashedpoturtles.2067

So it’s been about two months now since i first created a ticket. I’ve delivered all the information necessary for this to be handled but no progress seems to have been made.

Any news Arenanet?

This is getting silly.

They really dont give a kitten and its enraging.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Priorities. GW2 got a lot of new players lately, and that means a lot more support requests to wade through. GW2 is the newer game with more active players, so those requests get handled first. I’m sure they’ll get to your request eventually. Sucks that it takes so long at the moment, but at least there’s still GW1 support at all.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Captainlasercannon.8914

So it’s now been THREE MONTHS since i first created a ticket, still with no news of any sort.

This is ridiculous, at least give players some sort of update on their position in the ticket queue or something.

(edited by Captainlasercannon.8914)

Posted by: Cashal.5102

Cashal.5102

I’m keeping an active thread for GW1 Tickets here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Can-we-get-an-update-on-GW1-Tickets/first#post4961463

I’m not going to let it die until they give us an answer. I myself have been waiting 4 months

Captainlasercannon.8914

Alright, I’ll check it out, thanks for posting.