Support website login still fudged!?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nicholas Steel.2340

Nicholas Steel.2340

I tried this a few months ago and it also never worked until I posted on the forum about it and/or pointed it out in a new support case and I guess I gotta post about it again? It will not ever send me the bloomin’ password reset email!

I’ve checked all email folders including Junk! It never ever fudging sends it! It sends my Username to my email immediately though!

It’s been almost a day (It IS the day after I made the request multiple times), that’s like a billion or more times longer then it took to get my login Username!

I’d like to follow up my support requests with the logs from the Game Analyzer program but until your bloomin’ website works that can’t be done!

(edited by Nicholas Steel.2340)

Nicholas Steel.2340

It’s been 25 hours since I first made a Password Reset request for my support account, still no email. Could someone confirm it is sending them to a Hotmail account? I do have another account but based on the username I very much doubt it is sending them there.

Nicholas Steel.2340

Still no email… over 48 hours now :/

Nicholas Steel.2340

Checked my other email accounts, couldn’t see any password reset emails and am still waiting to receive such an email.

Nicholas Steel.2340

I’ve gotten the Username confirmation email and email copies of the support cases I’ve opened but no Password Reset Email, still, and still can’t respond to those support cases.

Posted by: valiant.9764

valiant.9764

Also waiting for password reset. The “remembered” password works for forum access but not for launching game.

Nicholas Steel.2340

Still waiting for the email :/

Nicholas Steel.2340

Bump, still waiting.

Nicholas Steel.2340

So it seems like I may have finally gotten the email, 17 days after requesting it. However it could also be a phishing attempt so not sure if I can trust the link it provides. (A nasty person could have noticed this thread and could be trying to phish my details)

If someone can confirm the details of the emails header is correct, that would be sweet. I normally wouldn’t request verification like this, but so far I don’t think I’ve ever received an email from ArenaNet that used encryption/security.

x-store-info:4r51+eLowCe79NzwdU2kRwMf1FfZT+JroIuFAV4dPLIP7mrsX28aah3AeHo5B6gTzhLw6ZeQotPMiYesuGm4whK0vGC9dqsnFaDF40CWKHENWCBtA11QSnfyg5mo3xtZKNvP8ZPShsM=
Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; spf=none (sender IP is 223.4.204.71) smtp.mailfrom=capvnqi@WWW-9763E06E580.net; dkim=none header.d=guildwars2.com; x-hmca=none header.id=noreply@guildwars2.com
X-SID-PRA: noreply@guildwars2.com
X-AUTH-Result: NONE
X-SID-Result: NONE
X-Message-Status: n:n
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTA7YT0wO0Q9MjtHRD0yO1NDTD02
X-Message-Info: z6+tzUa3IoSkHoZNP7yC+QT5eSdIpdyH/YnLg3TT+HMEzHDTAngYKlOdxTRc146EFO8JSxX4abZh5/qKigPC53HRaafj7NWH8AoGEuaXz6GDntt6xvKuUKxS+2JDj/L+YVLUC8iw00gUHkStJTL93Eu7cRqoHXEcA7kWFeP4dYoBuj32sSDwjdKZDWTXpXR6tzYN8zjSvSPZjUTxjRLDIFicI5lmh4vC
Received: from WWW-9763E06E580.net ([223.4.204.71]) by BAY0-MC4-F13.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC;
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:05:55 -0700
Message-ID: <61CEEDEC878518F4921D1223DCB571E0@WWW-9763E06E580.net>
To: <my_email@hotmail.com>
Subject: Guild Wars Account Email Verification – Action Required
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 04:05:54 +0800
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset=“utf-8”
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
Return-Path: capvnqi@WWW-9763E06E580.net
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 18 Sep 2013 20:05:55.0525 (UTC) FILETIME=[7BD3EF50:01CEB4AA]

(edited by Nicholas Steel.2340)

Nicholas Steel.2340

Bump! Please answer my last question regarding the email header please.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am afraid I don’t know how to read those things. But have you tried speaking to CS about this issue? Letting them know you don’t receive the password reset email? Have you spoken to your email provider? Sorry about your troubles. Good luck.

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

Looks like a phish 3rd line senders ip is from china and the domain 9763E06E580.net does not have any info on it except that it was linked to phishing mails
Best bet is to not click l;inks in Email and contact CS about it

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Nicholas Steel.2340

Looks like a phish 3rd line senders ip is from china and the domain 9763E06E580.net does not have any info on it except that it was linked to phishing mails
Best bet is to not click l;inks in Email and contact CS about it

Although I can report it to CS, I can’t follow up on the case (After getting the automatic response from CS) due to password form not sending me an email to reset my password since I’ve forgotten which one I used.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I may not understand your problem, but if you have forgotten your password, it is the same one you use on the forums. That password is obviously saved in your browser and easy to retrieve using the browser’s tools.

Nicholas Steel.2340

I may not understand your problem, but if you have forgotten your password, it is the same one you use on the forums. That password is obviously saved in your browser and easy to retrieve using the browser’s tools.

It isn’t (I have tried my Support Account username and my Forum Account password already), you may have set them up to be the same for yourself though as there doesn’t appear to be anything stopping you from doing so when creating an account there.

The popup box when requesting a Password Reset lists several things to try if it doesn’t work, including contacting Customer Support. Every other time I’ve created a Support Case I have received an automated generic response requesting me to follow up the Support Case with a response in order to receive support from actual Customer Support staff, so I don’t see how contacting them is going to achieve much if I can’t get past that stage.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I never use the Support Accounts. (They won’t accept my email address.) I just contact them by email, just as I would anyone else in the world, and they respond back to me, and then I respond back to them. You can use this method as well. Send an email to support@guildwars2.com
Good luck.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Or you can submit a request online using the SUPPORT link (top of page) and then ASK A QUESTION

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Either of these suggestions — sending an e-mail or using the Support site — is solid. The team will be happy to help you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet