SweetFX and Initializing [SOLVED!]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Q:

Back to Legoland – apparently the game stays at “Initializing” if you got SweetFX enabled…

Dunno if this is for everyone but yea… this was it for me

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Posted by: whiteflower.9425

whiteflower.9425

A:

If you skip the launcher with command line switches you can get the game to launch even with sweetfx d3d9.dll in the bin folder and retain sweetfx functionality

-autologin -nopatchui -email YOUREMAILHERE -password YOURPASSWORDHERE

A guy in other post, posted this

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I don’t think that it was intentional. But it’s really just a matter of time before either SweetFX, or someone else comes up with a work around for it. But Anet certainly isn’t going to do anything about it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Denali.6523

Denali.6523

Yeah it is for everyone with SweetFX. You need to either delete your bin folder or temporarily move the SweetFX files out of the bin folder. Then your game will be able to start up again. (Seen this in the Account & Technical Support section of the forum.)

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Yeah it is for everyone with SweetFX. You need to either delete your bin folder or temporarily move the SweetFX files out of the bin folder. Then your game will be able to start up again. (Seen this in the Account & Technical Support section of the forum.)

removing the sweetfx files from bin isn’t temporary, it won’t start if you put them back

AmateurNet

Posted by: Denali.6523

Denali.6523

removing the sweetfx files from bin isn’t temporary, it won’t start if you put them back

My bad on that part. I haven’t tried logging in with them back in the folder yet. In that case it has to stay out for now, unfortunately.

GoogleBrandon.5073

Yea, they need to stay out sadly…

The good news is that the FoV changes are incredible – but I wished I could see them with my pretty overlay

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Thank you for pointing this out. I’m finally downloading the patch after waiting for so long. I use a different PPI and moving its files out of the bin folder temporarily has fixed my connection issue.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

if sweetfx isn’t working, does that means they using a different dx api?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: TrueNoodles.3850

TrueNoodles.3850

Another way to log into the game with gemfx/sweetfx on bin is to click on the word “initializing” when youre stuck on that screen.

Mesmer – Amras Inglorion[BLNT][Ae]

StinVec.3621

Patch, close launcher, replace the files into the bin folder again, modify your game shortcut and add these arguments with your actual email and password:
-autologin -nopatchui -email example@exampleemail.com -password examplepassword

Temporary workaround until it gets sorted out so the launcher doesn’t break with non-GW2 files in the bin folder.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Patch, close launcher, replace the files into the bin folder again, modify your game shortcut and add these arguments with your actual email and password:

Temporary workaround until it gets sorted out so the launcher doesn’t break with non-GW2 files in the bin folder.

I use SMAA injector only to replace the blurry ingame anti-aliasing option. Unfortunately this method doesn’t work for me

Another way to log into the game with gemfx/sweetfx on bin is to click on the word “initializing” when youre stuck on that screen.

This method DOES though… Weird.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

Posted by: Smidy.6758

Smidy.6758

What version of SweetFX are you all using, i have tried using Reshade which has SweetFX 2.0 the game crashes or simply says missing a .dll file

StinVec.3621

I use SMAA injector only to replace the blurry ingame anti-aliasing option. Unfortunately this method doesn’t work for me

This method DOES though… Weird.

Thank you for noting which did and did not work for you. I’ll be using the ‘click on initializing’ method from now on as well as I much prefer that over the crude method of bypassing the launcher entirely.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

that’s weird, maybe the launcher UI isn’t changing because of sweetfx

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: BammBamm.6719

BammBamm.6719

workaround doesnt work for gem fx game is starting but vanilla graphics

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Guys, for those with the ‘Initializing’ bug; if you move SweetFX/GemFX files out just in order to patch your client, you can still play afterwards putting the files back in your GW2 folder.

Simply, when you start up the client, you’ll only see “Initializing”.
However, the actual patcher is just invisible “behind” it, so click roughly where the Login button is… wait a few seconds, then click where the “Play” button usually is.
Problem solved for me

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Guys, for those with the ‘Initializing’ bug; if you move SweetFX/GemFX files out just in order to patch your client, you can still play afterwards putting the files back in your GW2 folder.

Simply, when you start up the client, you’ll only see “Initializing”.
However, the actual patcher is just invisible “behind” it, so click roughly where the Login button is… wait a few seconds, then click where the “Play” button usually is.
Problem solved for me

Works for me, too. Tyvm!

Dondarrion.2748

Ref. my previous post; excuse the crude sketch on the current launcher.

Attachments:

Posted by: BammBamm.6719

BammBamm.6719

Ref. my previous post; excuse the crude sketch on the current launcher.

ok this worked, thx a lot

GoogleBrandon.5073

If you skip the launcher with command line switches you can get the game to launch even with sweetfx d3d9.dll in the bin folder and retain sweetfx functionality

A guy in other post, posted this

Thanks a bunch, this actually works

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I don’t think that it was intentional. But it’s really just a matter of time before either SweetFX, or someone else comes up with a work around for it. But Anet certainly isn’t going to do anything about it.

Nailed it…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: BrandonBandicoot.3968

BrandonBandicoot.3968

It turns out the if you click on the initializing screen where the login button SHOULD be, you’ll log in.

I have autostart enabled but I bet if you click the areas where login and launch game are you should be able to get the game to launch.

It’s like the buttons are there but they didn’t load in.

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

It turns out the if you click on the initializing screen where the login button SHOULD be, you’ll log in.

I have autostart enabled but I bet if you click the areas where login and launch game are you should be able to get the game to launch.

It’s like the buttons are there but they didn’t load in.

i can’t get this to work at all

EDIT: WORKED! Had to use my network monitoring tool, apparently the patch was still dling

(edited by edgarallanpwn.8739)

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Works just follow instructions from the top of the post.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

(edited by Stormcrow.7513)

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I haven’t had any issues with GemFX.

Posted by: raiaknl.6348

raiaknl.6348

Thanks!!! I thought I’d play the blurry game again

Posted by: niXedFEAR.7602

niXedFEAR.7602

Okay, so using the ‘click on invisible log in’ button works, and I retain my SweetFX.
Using the auto log in command also works, but SweetFX stops working.
Ideas?

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Okay, so using the ‘click on invisible log in’ button works, and I retain my SweetFX.
Using the auto log in command also works, but SweetFX stops working.
Ideas?

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

niXedFEAR.7602

That’s what I mean. I have, well.. actually 2 copies of d3d9.dll in my GW2 directory. One in the root, and one in the bin folder.
But SweetFX stops working if I use the command to log into GW2. I assume the command is placed in your GW2 shortcut’s Target line? So like…
Target: “C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -autologin -nopatchui etc…?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

That’s what I mean. I have, well.. actually 2 copies of d3d9.dll in my GW2 directory. One in the root, and one in the bin folder.
But SweetFX stops working if I use the command to log into GW2. I assume the command is placed in your GW2 shortcut’s Target line? So like…
Target: “C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -autologin -nopatchui etc…?

Same here,SweetFx does not work if i use those autologin commands + nopatchui.I can however login with clicking on initialize or just above it and then press play.

Dondarrion.2748

Where do you keep your SweetFX files; don’t they need to go in your bin folder for the autologin to work? Or is that only GemFX?

niXedFEAR.7602

Where do you keep your SweetFX files; don’t they need to go in your bin folder for the autologin to work? Or is that only GemFX?

Mine are a bit messed up. A while ago GW did an update that messed with SweetFX so that some of the files had to be placed into the bin folder. But instead of cutting them, I copied them. So I’ve got the SweetFX files in both the root gw2 directory and the bin folder. Kinda lazy of me not to figure out what ones I can delete.

Posted by: Thelassa.8652

Thelassa.8652

Tried both fixes and I get the same result. The screen goes black for about half a second like it’s going to launch the game, and then nothing. I’ll just have to wait for the next patch I guess :/

Posted by: Komani.9127

Komani.9127

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2zc0ij/how_to_fix_sweetfx_after_new_update_16th_march/

reddit quote:

“For this to work, you need to have your username and password already filled in.
Install SweetFX into your GW2 folder, then put the following files into you bin folder: “d3d9.dll”, “dxgi.dll”, “injector.ini”.
Now, create a shortcut of your Gw2.exe and add the following to the target: " -autologin" (without the quotes, duhu!). It should look something like this: “D:\Games\PC\Non-Steam\GW2\Gw2.exe -autologin”
Have fun <3!"

Same for gemfx, but no need to (because nonexsistent) paste “injector.ini”

Posted by: Thelassa.8652

Thelassa.8652

Still the same thing for me. Launcher sticks on Initializing, I click where “Play” should be, it blips, and then the program closes itself. It simply will not load at all if the SweetFX files are in my GW2 ‘bin’ folder. I keep thinking I’m doing something wrong, since it seems to be working for everyone but me, but I’ve re-checked everything a dozen times and it just doesn’t work.

-Edit-

Trashed my ‘bin’ folder, completely removed all SweetFX files and then extracted them back into my GW2 file, and it’s finally working. Weird.

(edited by Thelassa.8652)

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

SweetFX is fully working again without any initialization bug or the game not playing.

Posted by: Castlevania.7903

Castlevania.7903

Still doesnt work for me. I can launch the game, but its still gray and blurry. Sweetfx is not working.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

The game is crashing for me instantly if I have GemFX in my GW2 folder. I can’t even bring up the login screen its that bad.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Crumbled Paper.4036

Crumbled Paper.4036

Has anyone gotten this to work recently? As of today I cannot start GW2 without the launcher crashing right off the bat. I have tried what people have posted on this forum and many others. No luck :/.