Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Phoenix.9745

Phoenix.9745

Hi,

I’ve been using both those programs for years to communicate with other players, guildies, etc.

They offer an Overlay option, wich allows you to see who is speaking. It appears in a small window on top of the screen.

When I tried to setup the Overlay option for Teamspeak, a warning message pop up that says something like: " some games might target this as a cheat and may result in your account being banned..etc etc."

I just wanted to know if Guild Wars 2 / ARENANET allow it.

Thanks for your support.
Cheers

Phoenix

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

Id love to hear a response to this. I didn’t know you could even do that.

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Posted by: mephisto.8603

mephisto.8603

I actually set up the overlay for teamspeak I used the teamspeak 3 overlay plugin. It worked fine until I attempted to use any of my abilities. When I attempted to use an ability there was no animation for it. I disabled the plug in restarted GW2 and the animations were back. I was going to make a seperate ticket for this issue and see what kind of reply I get. I wonder if its a GW2 issue or the teamspeak plugin issue. I have a feeling its due to something with directx.

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Posted by: mephisto.8603

mephisto.8603

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I no one other person in the guild who used the same plugin overlay and he said that it caused several of the graphics to dissapear on the game, including all the water in the game.

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

If it doesn’t give you an unfair advantage over the regular player, it’s allowed. (Summized from a forum mods post)

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Posted by: Rolo.9248

Rolo.9248

I think the warning pertains to some MMO’s anti-cheat software detecting TS as a cheat (GameGuard used to detect Logitech driver software as a cheat program).

i5-2500K 4.2GHz | 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, GTX580-882/2033
Crucial m4 128GB SSD (64GB SRT cache) | WD 2TB 2002FAEX | Antec Twelve Hundred
When I was your age, I could outrun a centaur…until I took an arrow to the knee

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Despite the disclaimer, yes, Teamspeak and Ventrillo ARE allowed although there have been some compatibility issues with overlays and the Guild Wars 2 game client.

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

Despite the disclaimer, yes, Teamspeak and Ventrillo ARE allowed although there have been some compatibility issues with overlays and the Guild Wars 2 game client.

Mumble as well I hope, which seems to also have overlay issues. Apparently the only current work around is doing something rather insecure, which I won’t post here. But the overlay only appears sometimes & a good portion of the time you have to re-start the client several times before it does appear.

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

When I attempted to use the TS3 overlay in our guilds RIFT days, it would crash the game. It’s nifty, but it certainly has issues with some games. Have never tried Vent’s overlay. Just FYI.

Teamspeak / Ventrilo

Posted by: Gothicraptor.9320

Gothicraptor.9320

same problem with the overlay in ts3