Temporary account sharing to test computer settings

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Q:

I know that account sharing is probably against the rules however I have a friend who wants to buy the game but does not know if his computer will support it. He wants to download the game and use my login info in order to test it on his machine. Is this allowed or will this get me banned?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

If you feel this is something you need to do, I suggest you download the game onto his computer and you log into the account. I would not give someone else my account credentials — even my sainted Aunt Tillie!

If he is not local, I would strongly recommend against this. Have him review the game specs carefully and make a decision based on the same information that everyone else used in determining whether their personal computer would adequately handle the game.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Will do, thanks; he lives only a few miles away. I just wanted to make sure that logging in from a different location would not be a violation. Thank you for your response!

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Also, if you google “CanIrunit” you’ll get a website that uses a java app to test your specs and matches it against the minimum requirements. It’s not as accurate as actually playing it, but it’s the next best alternative.

RIP in peace Robert