Terrible FPS after latest content release

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Reguna.2536

Reguna.2536

I am currently running a I7-4820k, AMD R9 290x 4GB GPU, 16gb Ram. I have never experienced any bad FPS playing GW2 until recently, i dont know if it has anything to do with legendary armors in the game now, heard a few fps bugs with the animation, but my fps in most zones is barely over 33/34 FPS. When i used to raid it never used to drop below around 50, i have checked my GPU drivers, my CPU isnt bottlenecking however i have noticed GW2 is only using around 27% of my CPU power across all 4 cores combined. Any suggestions how to fix fps? I have even lowered all my settings which doesnt help much.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The cpu usage is normal. The game’s just not capable of using any more. Your CPU is 4 cores/8 threads, and Gw2 really only uses 3 threads, and not all the time. So 27% cpu usage is pretty normal. 50% would be using all your cores. But you should be running at 60 fps mostly everywhere (assuming 1080p, not sure about higher resolution)

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client

It also may be a temperature issue.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

The game has definitely had issues since the leg armor patch. I’ve never had problems with this game since it’s release as far as lag, fps issues, crashes, etc and since this last patch i’ve had several crashes and constant ability delay. Standing outside red insta shot mechanics in 100cm but still getting nuked. That kinda junk. My computer is having no problems with load and all speedtests i do i get 8-15 ms ping and appropriate download/up speeds every time i check.

Have seen similar complaints from others this past week. Definitely something a little off since the patch for a lot of people who don’t normally have problems.

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

Well I’ve noticed new zones are more “heavy” or demanding because of the flux of players+full of effects/particles. The bloodstone map for example, it dropped my FPS slightly in certain areas because of all the red mist around and stuff, and I’m using a i7 6700k, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 (8gb), plus 16gb RAM. Maybe that’s what’s happening to you? In which zones in particular are you experiencing the worst FPS drops? If its Lion’s Arch or the new maps that might be it, legendary armor probably made a lot of players return, which might be it, as the maps are more busy. (Maybe?)

I’d say raids are lighter than a new map, there isn’t that much stuff going around (after all its only 10 players + the boss)

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

(edited by Knuckle Joe.7408)

Posted by: Reguna.2536

Reguna.2536

It seems to be in nearly every zone, other when there’s just me and one or two others in it. I can’t seem to fathom out what’s causing it, I’ve even done a full uninstall and reinstall of the game, hoping it would help. Turns out it didn’t do a thing, yeah I play on 1920 × 1080. Never had any problems before until now, any ideas what I could try? Every other game like CSGO, WoW, even DayZ I’m having no problems with. Just seems to be GW2.