Terrible Lag

Terrible Lag

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Parazac.1297

Parazac.1297

So are you doing anything about the terrible lag that has appeared over the last 3 days? Right now i find GW2 unplayable, as per the attached screenshot i have moved around the map and after over 10minutes of waiting the map still has not uncovered, there are no NPC’s anywhere and there are no Creatures, Harvesting Nodes etc….

I have run different speed tests, other MMO’s and nothing else is lagging plus no new software/hardware/drivers have been installed apart from the last GW2 patch.

edit: -Diag details added

Attachments:

(edited by Parazac.1297)

Terrible Lag

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Run a trace route from you to GW2. One of the nodes along the way may be having issues, especially if only a segment of the people are suffering from the type of lag you are describing.

Theftwind (HoD)

Terrible Lag

Posted by: Proxo.2351

Proxo.2351

Broken fix please.

Terrible Lag

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Run a trace route from you to GW2. One of the nodes along the way may be having issues, especially if only a segment of the people are suffering from the type of lag you are describing.

The issue here is, those “segment” of people who are having issues lives in different parts of the world, are you trying to say they all happen to use the same ISP? Or that all different ISPs all around the world are having network issues but anet’s totally fine and perfect even though the issues all started after the latest game patches?

Terrible Lag

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Not trying to say that. What I am saying is the problem may not necessarily be at ANET. I , for example, am not suffering from lag today. It all depends on the route you take to get to the servers. Since as you state it is people from different parts of the world then it is highly probable that a node close to the ANET servers is having issues whereas the node I enter the ANET servers through is not affected.

It is called the world wide web for a reason. Think of a spider web with ANET being at the center. If everyone takes the path that leads through the spider then everyone will have lag or be delayed. If someone takes a different path that bypasses the spider they will get to the center without lag.

Sadly there is no way to choose your own path.

Theftwind (HoD)

Terrible Lag

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Which isn’t “our” fault, and technically it isnt anet’s fault neither but when an issue affects a company and it’s customers then the company would have to resolve it.

Terrible Lag

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I’m also having that problem, apparently it is a server in Dallas that is having some problems, called Level3 or something like that, using the tracert command to my server IP my ping goes from about 120~200ms to over 1,5k when those servers are reached, and also get packet losses, around 40~65% loss.

I later made a test using a tunneling/proxy software called WTFast and my connection got WAY better, from around 1 minute lag and constant DCs my ping went to about 180ms and no DCs at all.

I’m from Brazil, and I play since the BWE1 and I never experienced such terrible lag issues, people at Anet should check their ISP because there is a problem in the route to their servers that is affecting MANY players.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)