Terrible perfomance out of nowhere.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

Ever since December I’ve been losing interest in the game. I rarely login, but lately I wanted to give it a proper shot. I would login a few times per month just to check on things. I would get on most places an average of 30 to 60 fps depending on where I am. I mean, yeah.. this game’s optimisation was never great…

But today I decided to login. My FPS dropped to 11. Now there’s a constant struggle between 10 and 30, rarely peaking up to 40. This happened out of nowhere. All of my other games are running fine, but it seems Guild Wars 2 is the exception. It doesn’t make any sense. No changes were done to the game since I last logged in. None.

And this is the final nail in the coffin. If the game can’t even run properly then there’s no reason to even bother having it installed. I can’t believe I just wasted one year of my life with this.

These are my specs:
- Acer laptop.
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ 3.5GHz
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M with 4GB of VRAM
- 16GB of RAM.

(edited by RandomWolf.3986)

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

What are your system specs? CPU / RAM / Vid / OS ?

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

RandomWolf.3986

What are your system specs? CPU / RAM / Vid / OS ?

Updated.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Go to “C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2” and remove Local.Dat

After that Right click on your Guild Wars 2 shortcut and select ‘Properties’.And paste /repair behind the “Target: line” so the commandline will look like this

“C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe” /repair

Press ok and start up your Gw client and let it repair.Dont touch your pc in the meanwhile,it can hang easily.When its done,remove the commandline again and boot up the game.

Your ingame graphics will be reset aswell now due to removing local.dat which holds that info,so you have to reset those settings to what you used normally.

RandomWolf.3986

I deleted the file that you mentioned and checked the game. Some of the maps managed to run a little better, but others still reveal some struggle. Is this just me… or has Guild Wars 2 been this poorly optimized since launch?

Press ok and start up your Gw client and let it repair.Dont touch your pc in the meanwhile,it can hang easily.When its done,remove the commandline again and boot up the game.

Your ingame graphics will be reset aswell now due to removing local.dat which holds that info,so you have to reset those settings to what you used normally.

I tried the repair one. Even tried –repair and it just opens the launcher, nothing else happens.

(edited by RandomWolf.3986)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Ensure the laptop is running on full power / high performance and GW2 is using the dedicated GPU. If you have GeForce Experience, disable the overlay/sharing feature.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I deleted the file that you mentioned and checked the game. Some of the maps managed to run a little better, but others still reveal some struggle. Is this just me… or has Guild Wars 2 been this poorly optimized since launch?

I tried the repair one. Even tried –repair and it just opens the launcher, nothing else happens.

Make sure theres a space between the commandline and /repair.

Gw2-64.exe”(SPACE)/repair.

Also make sure to paste this behind your Shortcut and not the main gw2.exe.

If you do it right,and click the client after it it should show a Repair screen.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M with 4GB of VRAM

Disable all of the nvidia instant replay/shadowplay/recording features and try again.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

But today I decided to login. My FPS dropped to 11. Now there’s a constant struggle between 10 and 30, rarely peaking up to 40. This happened out of nowhere. All of my other games are running fine, but it seems Guild Wars 2 is the exception. It doesn’t make any sense. No changes were done to the game since I last logged in. None.

I’ve had issues like the one you describe here from time to time. In my case, it seems the 3d rendering of the graphics card doesn’t initialize correctly, for some reason. Usually a simple restart of the game solves it for me. On one or maybe two occasions I’ve had to reboot.
Probably not the same issue, but I thought it worth mentioning. You could try restarting the graphics driver with WIN+SHIFT+CTRL+B.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user