TgUpdate 1.11 everytime i open the launcher

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Leorhall.3801

Leorhall.3801

I just wanted to jump in here and say thanks to Felicja; that post on Page 2 regarding the steps to fix the recurring TgUpdate issue worked perfectly for me and took just a few minutes!

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

After installing 009524 version yesterday, I fixed the problem of buying gem. I also found that the problem of missing part of characters on TP is fixed and the quality of graphic is enhanced.

But when I login today, all the improvement is missing, characters are incomplete as past . However, I’m glad that buying gem still works.

Specs: IMac 21.5, OS X 10.9.1, 3.1 Intel Core i7, 16GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB, LCD 1920 *1080

Attachments:

(edited by Guyver.1426)

Posted by: snowfaire.2781

snowfaire.2781

@ Gaile Grey

I followed all the steps in the link (applying patch manually and making sure my version was the newest one and then, redownloading the game while removing the GW2.dat file)

The TP still does NOT work for me at all. It takes forever to load then i get this message: “Listing fee: unable to retrieve results. Error attempting to sell”
This includes not being able to see anything in the gem store.

I’m MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013
OSX version 10.9 (Mavericks)
Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9 (13A3017)

My mac friends who run earlier versions say the tp still works for them (well, other than the frequent it-doesn’t-work-but-fixes-when-i-relog). Is it possible to get rid of mavericks and go back to an earlier version??? I would love that so much, I desperately want this to work and don’t want to wait a while for another fix =(.

Oh, and I did submit a ticket, they said the same things you said on this thread. So good communication =).

Posted by: Felicja.6891

Felicja.6891

@ snowfaire:

If you have not done so yet, please delete the “Guild Wars 2” folder from /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support.

There are at least 2 Library folders. One is on the root of Mac HD, called Library (we are not interested in this one), the other hidden in your account’s folder, under Users/yourusername. It is usually referred to as ~/Library. It is where many of your personal mac account settings are saved, including GW2 client files.

If the Library folder is hidden, open Finder, then from the menu select Go and while holding Option key you should see the Library folder. Click on it, then find “Application Support” and finally Guild Wars 2. Delete the Guild Wars 2 folder from here.

If this still does not work, there are some other temporary files which contain TP and GW2 data that need to be deleted. Note, these files are not usually mentioned and you must take caution.

The files are buried deep within a folder at path: /private/var/folders/ and their exact location path varies depending on system and your account name.

The quickest way to find them:

1. Open Terminal.app from /Applications→Utilities
2. Once Terminal.app is opened, type in (without the quotes): “open /private/var/folders”.
3. In this same window, in the search space, type in “tg-”, and make sure that “folders” is selected under the Search section (choices are “This Mac” or “folders”). If there is a match, it will likely find a folder called tg-yourusername, where yourusername is your account name on your mac (in my case it was tg-Felicja). Just drag the tg-yourusername folder to Trash. Try restarting the computer and then try again.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Snowfaire, I think the suggestions offered by Felicja may be helpful to you. Can you update this thread after you have tried this?

I’d be interested to know if other Mac users also are experiencing this issue.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

Gaile when is ArenaNet going to actually fix this rather than having users provide there own manual fixes its bit ridiculous in my opinion and pretty bad on the end of the consumer to be asked to manually fix bug in your game.

Posted by: Ronkilav.5347

Ronkilav.5347

So followed the patch instructions and then the game failed to load. I’ve removed the game all together to start fresh with the mac beta client downloaded from the web. The version it states is 1.0.8467; a much higher version than 1.0.00x that the forums talk about.
My question is would this patch still work as I would be patching to a pervious version? I still get the tgUpdate 1.11 each time it launches.

thanks

Posted by: Ronkilav.5347

Ronkilav.5347

Update to my previous post. The download client reports the version differently in the Get Info window (it removes the leading zeros: 1.0.8x is actually 1.0.008x – or however many 0’s). This caused confusion but the patch process did work for me with a clean install from the web.

Thanks,

Felicja.6891

@Ronkilav: glad you got it sorted out. After the latest update, the Mac GW2 client version should be: 1.0.009524. Is this what you see as well?

@mikeew: While I sympathize with your request, could we keep this thread focused on dealing with the technical issues related to the tgUpdate please?

Posted by: DztBlk.4815

DztBlk.4815

Thanks Felicia! Solved it for me.

Posted by: jayb.1329

jayb.1329

This is getting old…. I bought this game a year and some months ago and it’s basically in the same state now that it was when i got it.

I realized the client was in beta when i bought it but i didn’t expect it to be in beta a year later…I paid the same price pc players paid, why can’t i get the same service? I actually like the game but these bugs are annoying enough at this point to discourage me from logging in.

It’s nice to see a community of players get together and try to work on fixes for issues but it isn’t our job and it’s really aggravating to see how apathetic Anet is about a product that i spent my money on.

This apathy toward the client i play on and the armor for the race i play with (charr) has drained my enthusiasm for the game recently…

*1 tear

Posted by: ScarHead.3265

ScarHead.3265

THE UPDATER WORK LIKE A CHARM! And it does increase performance in loading content!

Posted by: farshid.5048

farshid.5048

I had this problem with tgupdate for a long time already and now after the update the game just doesn’t run anymore and it’s not responding anymore and I have to force quit it how terrible is that!!!

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

just did the update thingie from page 2…
restart made macbook chrash…
took about 40min to reboot computer :s
kinda doubting trying again, but maybe the reboot helped.

edit: seems to be working oke now

For Glade and Glory

(edited by Galowin.6089)

Posted by: Julian.1078

Julian.1078

Posted by: etbmusic.3965

etbmusic.3965

Hi, just so I’m clear (and forgive me if this is obvious or has been said already), but does the reinstall fix posed by Felicja require that I buy the game again to “get a new copy”, or is there a link I can use to apply to this fix instead of re-purchasing?

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

Hi, just so I’m clear (and forgive me if this is obvious or has been said already), but does the reinstall fix posed by Felicja require that I buy the game again to “get a new copy”, or is there a link I can use to apply to this fix instead of re-purchasing?

You do not need to repurchase the game.

At the top right of any page on guildwars2.com (including this one) where your account name is shown, there should be a link called “MY ACCOUNT”. If you click there, it will take you to a page where you can redownload the client.

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

Posted by: etbmusic.3965

etbmusic.3965

You do not need to repurchase the game.

At the top right of any page on guildwars2.com (including this one) where your account name is shown, there should be a link called “MY ACCOUNT”. If you click there, it will take you to a page where you can redownload the client.

Great! Thank you!

Posted by: Aigisthos.3059

Aigisthos.3059

Also, please note that the devs are working on a more permanent fix with less hoop-jumping.

Gaile, I’m assuming this will not be addressed until the next “features update” (aka 8 weeks from today) considering what Colin said in his 2014 post regarding finishing up the Living World story line. Can you confirm this?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Also, please note that the devs are working on a more permanent fix with less hoop-jumping.

Gaile, I’m assuming this will not be addressed until the next “features update” (aka 8 weeks from today) considering what Colin said in his 2014 post regarding finishing up the Living World story line. Can you confirm this?

I’m sorry, I truly am not sure about the timeframe. And of course, saying “It’ll come on such-and-such a date” isn’t always the best practice, when something is still in development because, well, development may take longer than expected, the team may expand the project to add more developer-y goodness to the overall fixes, etc., etc.

I am sure when there’s info to share we will update this thread.

Thanks for your patience, guys. It’s very appreciated!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Repeating a post from a few weeks ago, so those of you who “skip to the end” will have the tools to address the issue.

From the QA team:

“We’ve determined the problem that is outlined in this thread (and a few others) is an issue connected with the TG Updater on Mavericks OS X. We’re currently working on a fix.

The Update can be manually patched by using the steps below:

1. Check current version # of TG Wrapper by navigating to Applications -> Guild Wars 2 -> Get Info

2. If the version is older than 1.0.009524, download TG Update. You can get the TG Update here: http://cider.ncplatform.net/Live/GWII-Update-009524.tgz.

3. After downloading, manually unpack the .TGZ file by double-clicking on it

4. Updater should now be unzipped and visible. Double-click updater and you will be prompted to select your output app

5. Navigate to where your Guild Wars 2 client is located. (default location is Applications -> Guild Wars 2)

6. After selecting Guild Wars 2 you may be prompted by your Mac to allow the update to make changes, if so enter your password and the updater should resume updating. Note: If you are getting a message: “GWII-Update-009524.app” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer". You must allow third party apps in your System Preferences->Security & Privacy->“Allow apps downloaded from anywhere”

7. Once patching has been completed confirm that TG Wrapper version has updated to Version 1.0.009524 by re-following step #1

8. After the update is completed try launching the game client

I believe that user’s work around (above) for the update should work pending the updater not working. I was able to update the TG Wrapper on our Mac with Mavericks from the old wrapper with just unzipping the updater and applying the update.

Here is an additional Work Around if the update does not work:

1. Get a new copy of GW2 Mac Beta client from the GW2 website. Do not open it yet.
2. Move the GW2.dat file from your existing GW2 client (so you don’t have to re-download ~20GB file again). Right click (Control-Click) on the game client, choose “Show Package Contents”, then go to Contents?Resources?transgaming?c_drive?GW2. In this folder, find GW2.dat and move it to Desktop
3. Remove your old GW2 client, including the Guild Wars 2 folder in ~User/Library
4. Install the new GW2 mac beta client.
5. Apply the updater patch you had downloaded at the beginning of this post.
6. Launch the game.
7. When it starts downloading game files, close it.
8. Move the GW2.dat files back into the new GW2 mac beta client. Follow step 2, but this time you will be moving the file from Desktop to GW2 folder."

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: bapenigo.3120

bapenigo.3120

Hi Gaile, the latest update(22 Jan’14 Build: 28,787) seem to have fix the TgUpdate 1.11 problem.

Posted by: Aigisthos.3059

Aigisthos.3059

Thanks for the update Gaile.

Posted by: Ingrim.4528

Ingrim.4528

Hi all, I’m running an iMac 27" 4gb ram on Mountain Lion, and have the spinny camera of death. I’ve tried all the solutions in this thread, to no avail. I am not going to install Mavericks, because my large format printer drivers are not yet supported by the new OS. Can anyone confirm a fix that works for Mountain Lion?

Thanks, from another forgotten Mac gamer.

Felicja.6891

@Ingrim:

yes it does work on Mountain Lion. Have you deleted the “Guild Wars 2” folder from the “Applications Support” folder in ~/Library? If not, please do so – instructions are posted a few posts earlier.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Hi Gaile, the latest update(22 Jan’14 Build: 28,787) seem to have fix the TgUpdate 1.11 problem.

So glad to hear that, bapenigo! I believe there may be outlier cases that still need to know about the process outlined above, but it’s good that the majority may be in the clear.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: bryce.8640

bryce.8640

I followed the procedure you suggested and my game is now running on version 1.0.009524. However, when I click the launcher to open the client it opens and says 100%, but with no red fill in the download bar and no play button. Its simply the client with a blank download bar with 100% next to it.

Please help me?

Posted by: Ingrim.4528

Ingrim.4528

Thanks for the help, after attempting these procedures 4 or 5 times, I started to get a hunch something else was wrong. It turns out the game REALLY doesn’t like my WACOM Intuos. I’ve swapped mice out, and it works fine.

Posted by: Vinadale Dragon.3514

Vinadale Dragon.3514

@Arion Starke:
It sounds like the tgUpdate cannot find the Guild Wars 2 app. Do you have the game in the default /Applications folder or is it in another folder?

I have been able to fix this issue on my mac…at least the tgUpdate does not show up any longer. I had to work around the problem, which was to download the update manually through Safari, apply it and then re-launch the game client.

The URL for the patch is (yes this is a legitimate patch – i figured this out using EavesDrop application for Mac). If you have questions how, please reply to this message.

http://cider.ncplatform.net/Live/GWII-Update-009524.tgz

After downloading the patch, manually unpack it by double-clicking. You should find “GWII-Update-009524.app” after it finishes extracting. Open this app, and when asked point it to you GW2 client. If you are getting a message: “GWII-Update-009524.app” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer”, you must allow third party apps in your System Preferences->Security & Privacy->“Allow apps downloaded from anywhere”

After the update is completed, try launching the game client.

If this still does not work, try the following:
1. Get a new copy of GW2 Mac Beta client from the GW2 website. Do not open it yet.
2. Move the GW2.dat file from your existing GW2 client (so you don’t have to re-download ~20GB file again). Right click (Control-Click) on the game client, choose “Show Package Contents”, then go to Contents->Resources->transgaming->c_drive->GW2. In this folder, find GW2.dat and move it to Desktop
3. Remove your old GW2 client, including the Guild Wars 2 folder in ~User/Library
4. Install the new GW2 mac beta client.
5. Apply the updater patch you had downloaded at the beginning of this post.
6. Launch the game.
7. When it starts downloading game files, close it.
8. Move the GW2.dat files back into the new GW2 mac beta client. Follow step 2, but this time you will be moving the file from Desktop to GW2 folder.

If it still does not work, reply to this post.

Good luck!

With my TP not working on my Mac for 5 days…
I really want to try this but the link I get is only AccessDeniedAccess and random gibberish :<

Is there a way I can get to it? Do I need to adjust my Computer settings?

Thank you so much for the help!

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I believe that set of instruction is out of date. I recommend you follow the instructions here instead.

Edit: Bah, anet and your nonstandard markup language. Make Markdown an option so I can stop brain farting every time I try to post a link. :p