The curse of the Blue Pixels-please help!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: nerdymidgetkid.5710

nerdymidgetkid.5710

Hi, not sure how to describe this broblem best. There are blue pixelated lines…everywhere. Mostly they outline things, but sometimes only partly so. My graphics settings are turned right down and I haven’t had a problem like it before cept in one other game, which is quite old. Does anyone know anything about this?

Posted by: Kazehaya.9058

Kazehaya.9058

Maybe you should take a screenshot… Would be better to actually SEE it if you can’t explain it.

nerdymidgetkid.5710

Posted by: Burno.8431

Burno.8431

Does this always happen or only after a certain time of the computer (or game) being on?

This seems to be an issue with your graphics card. In a way, it looks like something called “graphic artifacts”, if this is the case, it could be that your graphics card is overheating or is just having issues with your drivers.

80 Elementalist of “Quaggan Stole My [BIKE]” – Aurora Glade

nerdymidgetkid.5710

I have had problems with stuff overheating before when playing bigger games (like Star Wars TOR.) However, the problem was there as soon as I loaded the game.

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

As stated in previous posts, overheating is most likely the culprit. Take your GPU out of the computer, go outside, and clean the dust out with a can of compressed air.

You can also try reinstalling DirectX as it may be corrupt. Do a google search for “DirectX Web Setup” and run that program.

If the above steps haven’t remedied the issue, then update your graphics drivers to the latest ones.

Any other questions just ask.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

nerdymidgetkid.5710

Thanks! I know nothing about hardware so I’m not sure I’ll even be able to find the Graphics card, but I’ll give it a go. If nothing else I’ll clean out everything else. As for Direct X-will I have to find and uninstall the one I have before getting a new one?

Posted by: Soul.6572

Soul.6572

Thanks! I know nothing about hardware so I’m not sure I’ll even be able to find the Graphics card, but I’ll give it a go. If nothing else I’ll clean out everything else. As for Direct X-will I have to find and uninstall the one I have before getting a new one?

This could help
Here it’s the big red line thingy
Look for where your monitor cable connects to. In this picture it’s the vertical standing card

nerdymidgetkid.5710

Hi,

Thanks for all the help! I vaccumed the inside of the compter (inlcuding what I think was the graphics card: it was red and horizontal, about the same size as a credit card.) I also re-downloaded Direct X, but it said that I either have an equal or later version already. However, there’s no change in the problem.

So, now it’s plan C I guess. So, erm…what exactly are my graphics drivers? Sorry I’m a huge noob!

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

A “driver” is software that instructs hardware how to operate. When you update your drivers you are updating those instructions to the latest versions.

If you have an ATI graphics card, go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you have an nVidia graphics card, go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you are having trouble finding out which graphics card you have, those two websites should have a tool available to detect the best drivers for your system. Best of luck.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

nerdymidgetkid.5710

Thanks so much! I got the best graphics driver for my card and now the problem is gone and I can experience the game properly!