The game won't start installing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Bluekipperlips.7516

Bluekipperlips.7516

Hi, I played GW2 for a few months but stopped playing round about February. I just came back to reinstall the game via client from the website, but the install stops before it even starts and says “Download failed! Please check your internet connection and try again.” This has been going on for about an hour now and I keep trying but I can’t get it to work…

I had a problem when installing the game for the first time but it wasn’t this one and I have no idea how to fix it. I have an idea that it isn’t the internet connection as I am able to play other games on here and I am able to post on the forums :P

Please tell me if you have any clues as to what this is! Thanks in advance.

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

I guess there are server problems with GW2, a lot of players are having “connection” issues at this very moment with the client.

I’m not sure about this, but it could be the reason

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Bluekipperlips.7516

Alright thanks, that seems to be the case according to the message on the website. Guess I’ll try again when it’s sorted.

Bluekipperlips.7516

Does anyone know if this problem is still ongoing? I still can’t get the game to install. Same error message… The launcher loads, it say 0kb/0kb for a few seconds then errors. I’ve tried it once every time I’ve used my PC for the past few days but it’s a no go.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Make sure the proper ports on the router are open for Guild Wars 2. Disable any firewalls that might be causing you trouble. Try reinstalling the game all over again. Send a support ticket to ArenaNet. Make sure the stars and moon align.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Bluekipperlips.7516

Ahh I finally fixed it, and it was really simple.

Winsock reset saves the day once more!

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ahh I finally fixed it, and it was really simple.

Winsock reset saves the day once more!

Darn and here I was hoping that when the stars and moon aligned everything would work out alright. Curse you Winsock, you win again!

(Nice find btw)

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Bluekipperlips.7516

When the stars and moon aligned, that’s when I realised what it could be!