The lag is back - Are we really surprised?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Just in time for the new one-time event, the servers are hit by a massive lag spike. I wouldn’t even call it lag anymore, being frozen in place for minutes at a time.

But honestly, based on how the events went thus far I’m anything but surprised.

Can this please be the last of these incredibly stupid one-time events?

Posted by: sketchy.8193

sketchy.8193

Worst weekend in GW2 so far.
Boring event causing lag all over the game. WvW unplayable, dungeons the same, getting disconnected from fractals because of the lag and the group have to start all over again etc etc.

Bleh!

Posted by: Xfraze.1704

Xfraze.1704

Best part is that I dc’d. Reconnected and was in the exact same place as last time, but no longer with my party or the zerg. In fact, the overflow I transferred to hadn’t made it that far. I immediately died. Go to use a waypoint…guess what, I can’t select camp Karka. Now I’m dead, waiting for the zerg to appear, missing out on getting proper credit for the event.

I really like this game, but the lag during events blows. I know I shouldn’t be getting as angry as I am and that this is only the second event they’ve done so far. I just hope that in the future, things are much better because as it stands, my desire to do these events ever again is nil.

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

Lag lag lag. Skills don’t work. Get warped about and cannot see monsters. Don’t think I;‘ll be able to do Phase 3, just like I wasn’t able to do phase 1 due to lag.

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

Really need to fix this… it’s just rubbish really, sorry Anet :/

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

Posted by: Aurioch.2801

Aurioch.2801

Yup. I escaped from Southsun Cove immediately I felt lagspike. Lion’s Arch is in bad shape too – I’ll need to go to the Straits of Devastation apparently…

Posted by: Arcarius.6148

Arcarius.6148

unplayable, its not just in the new area but anywhere there is more than 20 ppl my game freezes for minutes at a time.

Posted by: Gombar.7324

Gombar.7324

This has turned out from being a show of a pro game run by pros to a game run by amateurs! Sever server connectivity and bugged game mechanics makes me just sit back and laugh at how poorly this has been constructed and then implemented. Not only is this a huge step back for Anet, but the introduction of the counter “manefesto”-gear and dungeon, really makes me wonder of where the squid this game is heading!

Shame on you, Anet! Shame on you!

Posted by: setilight.8713

setilight.8713

Indeed.

I was in an overflow server, at Cannach’s folly waiting for the event to start, with a few hundred people. There was no lag. We were playing just fine. Then the event started and all hell broke loose. Latency spiked, skills were unusable and a minute later I simply got disconnected. Tried to log back and got disconnected immediately again.

As a software developer, I know stress tests for complex systems are a pain to do, but if you can’t afford to do them, then it’s better not to create events that cause stress that you are not prepared for. In the case at hand, even though ANet showed the best of intentions, it managed to aggravate the current players and probably scare off everyone that took the free trial.

Posted by: Avorniel.5708

Avorniel.5708

not happy really doing events are suppose to be fun and enjoyable,this event for me was the opposite,I can ignore the bugs ect but the lagg is not acceptable in this day of age,you should know how the event performs by doing stress tests ect and you also add in to try and get more players into the game via a free trial which then causes more lagg with in the events and also gives a bad view to the possible new players…..way to go and you said you fixed the lagg..please please have a test server to try theses events ect out first,yes it may cost but in the long run you get a happy player base community and a good reputation which will bring in new players

Posted by: udoh.5307

udoh.5307

This is awful. I have spent a fortune on armour repairs: I can’t leave the event, I am in a party and my friend say I am alive, but my screen shows me as dead. Then I got kicked out, and when I log back in, I am dead on a different overflow, so there is no one to rez me.

I love the net content you guys are trying to create for this wonderful game, but really, before you create more events like this, please spend some more time and fix these problems, I am itching to give you my real life money for gems, but until these problems are fixed I won’t be doing that. It saddens me.

Posted by: ljaphillips.3497

ljaphillips.3497

Pointless event…. lagg is out of control..

What a waste of a weekend. ANET this sucks!

Parvati.5780

What the heck Anet? This is not a tech support issue. The problem is on your end.

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I see I’m not alone when it comes to lag, and it’s all over the place, not just where a major event takes place, but in other zones as well.
Strange thing is not everyone seems to be affected by it, so I wonder what’s up with this really. Haven’t experienced these issues before this weekend that I can remember.

I think I’m gonna give fraps a shot and create a small movie of this, hopefully showing better whats really going on.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

During this day me and my partner has been doing some exploring in Dredgehaunt Cliffs and some wierd rubberbandings.

We had similar “lag” during the phase 1 but phase 2 worked fine, and now phase 3 is unplayable for me but my partner plays and have some lag but playable, my PC is better than hers not by much but still I am using my PC for GW2 and she is using her PC for everything like facebook and stuff… This is so wierd.

By the way turning down graphics does nothing.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Xfraze.1704

Xfraze.1704

Another complaint is not getting credit for kills. Driving me crazy.

Parvati.5780

Because it is network failure on their end. Nothing to do with your display card.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Because it is network failure on their end. Nothing to do with your display card.

I suspected that but incase someone would ask if I have tried that :P

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

I still haven’t experienced any lag. Are you guys sure it’s not just crappy FPS on bad computers with settings too high or something? It’s actual >connection< problems, server lag, etc?

Blackgate

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

They should really not have done the trial thing this weekend..This kitten tons of lag will put off so many people

Posted by: FuuTon.6297

FuuTon.6297

The lag is very annoying. Please fix it.

-FuuTon

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I hate to have to admit this but this event is a complete and utter failure thanks to this lag,havent done crap in the first event,and now the last event is impossible to participate in aswell and wont bother if i can use 1 skill every 2 minutes.Before this,i Never had any latency lag At All,now i even have it when i go to other maps..Far away from the event…Please restart the servers,this is crap.

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

I’m still looking at my downed character.After 9 minutes (timed), i finally dc-ed with " code 7" error. Lag makes this unplayable.

Posted by: wollie.8032

wollie.8032

i cant even log in atm? is it cos everyone is trying to play?

Posted by: Ayoe.2136

Ayoe.2136

Cant login anymore…Lag killed the event..My luck is, i will not get any event reward since i cant log in anymore

Posted by: wollie.8032

wollie.8032

are they fixing the problem is what i wana know? obviously more ppl are playing and they need more servers with higher bandwith? like the universities do over here on enrolment day>!?

Posted by: Thaer.6798

Thaer.6798

Cant login anymore…Lag killed the event..My luck is, i will not get any event reward since i cant log in anymore

Same Here

Posted by: Leetsura.3507

Leetsura.3507

Same Here

Same here. Game rubberbanded me around at the mortars then I got killed and couldn’t waypoint. My game stopped responding and now I can’t log back in, at all.

Gonna swim with the big fish. You’re gonna get your wish. Ooooooo. Little barracuda.
When you awake, quaggans will be here, and there’ll be a crab cake, just for you…
oooOOOOOoooooOOOoooo…

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Same Here

Me neither

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: Harain.9137

Harain.9137

i must say that today I had no lag AT ALL, at least no more than in a large WvW battle, perfectly acceptable, unlike the 1st 2 events where I couldn’t play at all

Now event ended and I had to logoff to fix a grouping bug, and can’t log back in :p

Posted by: Krylancelo.4807

Krylancelo.4807

same cnt log bck