The lag since the last patch is terrible.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gravox the Terrible.2157

Gravox the Terrible.2157

It has never been so bad.

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Where are you located and what servers are you trying to hit (EU or NA)?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

No issues here.

Sephas.8793

Me either, that’s why I asked. I’m on the East coast of the US and my ping is usually around 100, and haven’t had any issues with lag.

Posted by: whitz.7246

whitz.7246

Major lag here NorthEast Coast USA . Ping has dropped to 6 – 12 FPS.

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

Hmm I haven’t noticed anything changed tbh.
Tried checking for new VGA drivers and/or Networkcard drivers and rebooting your modem/router ?

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’ve not noticed any extra lag but I do now see a very very slow initial rendering of places which is something I have not seen before in this game. It’s particularly bad in the main cities. I’m not talking a bit of flicker. When I portal to Hoelbrak my toon stands in mid-air for one second then it takes probably 5 or 6 seconds for the environment to get fully drawn. Once it is done there are no further problems or lag. It’s so slow that I can portal in and run to and enter my home instance before more than a pot plant or two have appeared (it takes a bit of practice to avoid the invisible walls!)

So something definitely changed around the time of LS3.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve not noticed any extra lag but I do now see a very very slow initial rendering of places which is something I have not seen before in this game. It’s particularly bad in the main cities. I’m not talking a bit of flicker. When I portal to Hoelbrak my toon stands in mid-air for one second then it takes probably 5 or 6 seconds for the environment to get fully drawn. Once it is done there are no further problems or lag. It’s so slow that I can portal in and run to and enter my home instance before more than a pot plant or two have appeared (it takes a bit of practice to avoid the invisible walls!)

huh. I was blaming my new computer. It’s taking forevvverrrr to load some places. Hoelbrak especially. I go there and stand until the map loads around me.

I’ve also had DCs if I try to move too soon when arriving on a map, and sudden “serious error” DCs at random times.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Installing the game on an SSD should help a bit.

Sephas.8793

I hope your joking.

whitz.7246

I wish I was joking but I’m not. The highest FPS I get now is 39 Not normal for my PC. It started since the patch I also get the slow loading of graphics when entering a map. Funny to be standing in the air until the graphics catch up.

Sephas.8793

Right, but your ping and FPS are not related…

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Ditto, but I haven’t tried moving until the map is fully loaded.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I have experienced the slow loading map thing, standing in mid air. My game is installed on an SSD and I usually have >50 ping. “Something” is different lately.

At least I am not attempting to do dailies with my cell phones internet, that was rough.

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

This happened to me for the first time last night after the update. They did something weird with the update because that wasn’t happening before. It was also affecting my entire computer – I had a webpage open that also took long to load, but everything was fine after the initial loading of a map.

Edit: I’m also East Coast US, NA server if that matters.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I thought it was only me!

Hoelbrack I had to do a shiverpeaks vista from memory and seeing where people were standing. VB is a nightmare running around in (thank you glider and WVW a keystroke and a button away).

NA servers, east coast US

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’m having the same problem, but it lasts a lot longer than 5 or 6 seconds for me. I forgot I had logged out last night at the Mark II golem event, logged in today while it was going on and it took about 15 seconds before I could see the platform beneath the players feet, then another 1-2 minutes after that before I could even see the boss itself.

In fractals today I couldn’t see some attack animations until after I was hit, in Jade Maw I was killed several times by the beam attack because the effect just simply didn’t show up over my head until I was downed. Its almost unplayable for me.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The first few maps seem to spawn more slowly than before, but after that, it usually goes more quickly. Ironically, the first map to spawn for my desktop is slower than for my laptop, although normally the laptop has much slower load times (slower HD, slower processor).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m having the slow loading map issues that a few others have described, but it’s usually for just the first couple of maps I try to load (except for Hoelbrak; Hoelbrak ALWAYS has this issue for me). However, I haven’t noticed any lag or change in my FPS.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Why is there this big hole in front of me with no wall around it or anything in it? Oh, I logged out after gating from wvw last night.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

If you are in the EU there’s several threads now about telia being a issue with packet loss. You can also run ping plotter or a tracert and post your results here to determine where lag is coming from.

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I am lagging as well whilst pvp’ing since i have installed the latest patch,

Posted by: Passe.3971

Passe.3971

I’m also having this issue since yesterday around lunch time – only game laggin’ is gw2… I noticed it might be correlated to the bloodstone boss events as the lag spikes (and DCs) increase as soon as such event is ready for action on certain maps…

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Ping isn’t frames per second….. if you have 6-12 fps then you need a new video card.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

whitz.7246

whitz.7246:

Ping isn’t frames per second….. if you have 6-12 fps then you need a new video card.

oops my mistake. I have some numbers over an hour of game play…

FPS 73

Ping 219

Posted by: Kostis.1826

Kostis.1826

major lag issues since last patch for me as well, pve or www I ping at 180-200ms (EU Desolation)

…your bitterness is sweet to the lady…

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

Yep, I’m lagging very badly since last night to the point where the game thinks I’m still gliding when my character is on the ground. I’m going to try and update my graphics card and see if that helps, because the only thing that was changed on my end was Nvidia Experience downloading an updated driver.

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

Having massive desync/lag spikes today. In PvP it was only affecting me and my input – everyone else was chatting and fighting normally, but I was on kitten chat and skill delay. Ping spiking from 1,300 up to 3,500ms, then theoretically recovering back to 80-120ms.

This seems to have now followed me into open world, too.

AT&T, West Coast US, no other apparent site issues or anything.

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Having massive desync/lag spikes today. In PvP it was only affecting me and my input – everyone else was chatting and fighting normally, but I was on kitten chat and skill delay. Ping spiking from 1,300 up to 3,500ms, then theoretically recovering back to 80-120ms.

This seems to have now followed me into open world, too.

AT&T, West Coast US, no other apparent site issues or anything.

Also AT&T west coast.

Spikes up to 2k, averaging between 140-600. DCed twice.

Wonder if it’s an AT&T issue?

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

Running PingPlotter shows the first hop of lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net with 80-90% packet loss =/

Andraus.3874

Running PingPlotter shows the first hop of lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net with 80-90% packet loss =/

Ouch that’s pretty bad.

Posted by: DarkDevourer.3695

DarkDevourer.3695

My Ping has shot up to silly levels all of a sudden, keep getting ejected back to character select after taking over 15secs to use a simple skill.

Edit: Massive Packet loss

(edited by DarkDevourer.3695)

Posted by: Eliot Lee.9547

Eliot Lee.9547

Dear team, GW2 is the best and only game I play since release, and also I have bought the expansion that I really like. Since release the game worked really well, but since 9.8. after the patch update I have experiencing these problems:
1) Long waiting time period after logging in
2) Extreme loading to get in to the game
3) After that I am experiencing lagging and the textures are slowly loading. I have installed the latest drivers of my graphical card and also undergo the defragmentation of my HDD to ensure this problem is not on my side. Reinstall the game did not help. Please look into to this problem and release some hotfix in order to be this game playable for me once again. Thank you. Your loyal player and fan.

Attachments:

(edited by Eliot Lee.9547)

Andraus.3874

Dear team, GW2 is the best and only game I play since release, and also I have bought the expansion that I really like. Since release the game worked really well, but since 9.8. after the patch update I have experiencing these problems:
1) Long waiting time period after logging in
2) Extreme loading to get in to the game
3) After that I am experiencing lagging and the textures are slowly loading. I have installed the latest drivers of my graphical card and also undergo the defragmentation of my HDD to ensure this problem is not on my side. Reinstall the game did not help. Please look into to this problem and release some hotfix in order to be this game playable for me once again. Thank you. Your loyal player and fan.

You need to run ping plotter or a tracert and post your results here. If the lag is truly on Anets end you will then have proof which you can submit a support ticket with.

Posted by: Eliot Lee.9547

Eliot Lee.9547

Today I played without any problems! (Windows 7, 64-bit) Thank you very much! Happiness! :-) See you in Tyria, friends.

(edited by Eliot Lee.9547)

Andraus.3874

Today I played without any problems! (Windows 7, 64-bit) Thank you very much! Happiness! :-) See you in Tyria, friends.

They didn’t change anything. It’s your internet ….