Time to remove the "beta" tag?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

The client is now nearly, if not over, two years old. I don’t know how large your mac user base is relative to your windows user base, but I will wager not a huge percentage regardless.

Nevertheless, it is a not-insignificant number of players, many of which have been using the client since it went live. I personally have been using it now for over a year. You even have specific update notes for the client now. (yay!) You also have at least one individual focused on customer service specifically for the mac client, at least some of the time.

I have used the client across three OS versions, 5 mac laptop specifications, a mac mini, and an iMac, all with levels of success expected of each environment.

It is the only client I have ever used to play GW2.

I doubt I am alone in my experience. Perhaps it is finally time to stop calling the client “Beta”?

Thanks.

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I’ll be surprised if it ever happens it helps to avoid liability as transgaming AFAIK is responsible for most of the mac client changes. This ‘always beta’ tactic has been used in previous mac releases such as the Mac client of the now defunct Warhammer Online(which was also transgaming/cider).

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

The only way I see it coming out of “Beta” is if they make a native client, and I don’t see that happening.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.