Tons of karma from customer support

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Death Slayer.1468

Death Slayer.1468

I just wanted to make sure this is not a bug, i logged in today and i got a message from support, message saying i had replacement and blah blah,

i noticed a patch today but no mention of any karma thing, i also have not requested these form support.

what is going on…. just tell me if i can take these stuff anyway or if i should leave it be for the moment

see image for details,

thanks for reading and i hope this is posted on the right place

Edit: i have an alt but this char also never requested these
the item with a 73 piece is kegs of liquid karma, 73*5k is a lot of karma, that is why i’m asking

Attachments:

(edited by Death Slayer.1468)

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

I just got the same message. :/

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Posted by: Death Slayer.1468

Death Slayer.1468

Thanks for giving me answers SandraSolace, i should have looked through the forum before posting, a bit of my bad there

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

No worries
I just did the easy thing, grin.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Guys — we had some issues with karma, and we sent replacements or reimbursements to those who were impacted by that issue. This post will explain the matter and why we so generously gave you freebies.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Karma-Changes-Temporary-Rollback/first#post2667286

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Guys — we had some issues with karma, and we sent replacements or reimbursements to those who were impacted by that issue. This post will explain the matter and why we so generously gave you freebies.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Karma-Changes-Temporary-Rollback/first#post2667286

That post needs a slight bit of clarification.
I used about 1m worth of jugs + drips right after I downloaded the patch. I’ve gotten around 400k worth in the mail. That is clearly a huge difference. The post doesn’t make it clear why there would be such a big discrepancy. Is the amount in the mail supposed to be the ‘extras’ I would have gotten if I had used them with a boost?

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I used about 1m worth of jugs + drips right after I downloaded the patch. I’ve gotten around 400k worth in the mail. That is clearly a huge difference. The post doesn’t make it clear why there would be such a big discrepancy. Is the amount in the mail supposed to be the ‘extras’ I would have gotten if I had used them with a boost?

After the patch but before the hotfix, karma was not affected by modifiers and gave 1.5x the original value. So that puts your original base value at about 1m*(2/3). The maximum karma modifiers possible can give +95% value, so we get…

1,000,000 * (2/3) * 1.95 = 1,300,000

…which leaves you 300,000 short of what you could have potentially gotten. You said that Anet sent you ~400,000 in the mail, all of which can be affected by modifiers, so we get…

400,000 * 1.95 – 300,000 = 480,000

…which means that you got ~480,000 more than you should have. That’s not something that you should be complaining about.

Actually, that’s something those of us who didn’t use our karma should be complaining about.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

EC — thanks for doing the math there, and helping clarify the fairness (actually, extreme generosity) of the distribution.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

After the patch but before the hotfix, karma was not affected by modifiers and gave 1.5x the original value. So that puts your original base value at about 1m*(2/3). The maximum karma modifiers possible can give +95% value, so we get…

1,000,000 * (2/3) * 1.95 = 1,300,000

…which leaves you 300,000 short of what you could have potentially gotten. You said that Anet sent you ~400,000 in the mail, all of which can be affected by modifiers, so we get…

400,000 * 1.95 – 300,000 = 480,000

…which means that you got ~480,000 more than you should have. That’s not something that you should be complaining about.

Actually, that’s something those of us who didn’t use our karma should be complaining about.

So basically “yes”.
That was not a complaint, more a curiosity thing. I don’t really care about my karma but I do care about being right or wrong.

You have also made a mistaken assumption on where that 1m came from.
~200 × 4500 Jugs of Liquid Karma
~200 × 400 Drops of Liquid Karma
~980,000 karma or
~1,764,000 potential (1.8 because the game knows I don’t have the karmic infusion)

If you are wondering why I rounded to 1m it is because there are some jugs and drops unaccounted for. Around 6 jugs and probably somewhere in the teens for drops, I don’t remember the exact amounts. I only remember the two were in the 200s and combined to require about 900 clicks because I was complaining to friends about the 900 clicks.

Ignoring any whatifs and potentials that is
980,000 – 477,400 (yes I remembered the amount from the mail, no this is not an excuse to ask if I remembered the other one wrong because I stare at that number every day after the daily and I’ve always kept the number of jugs above 200 when drinking them to when I need more space). This is a 502,600 gap. Since the post said ‘as close as possible’ I wasn’t expecting an exact match but not that big of a difference either.

I guess I really wasn’t clear enough so here is a second try.
Did ANet subtract out the 980k karma from the wallet then sent the 94 kegs + 1 jug + 1 vial + 1 drop? I have no idea how much karma I had after drinking the bottles after the patch since there is no reason to care(see below!).

Here is my complaint, I have several million karma and nothing to spend it on except getting my character all really really drunk.

Posted by: Tanek.5983

Tanek.5983

EC — thanks for doing the math there, and helping clarify the fairness (actually, extreme generosity) of the distribution.

So what do the rest of us get for listening to the post that said not to use our karma items until something was worked out?

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

So what do the rest of us get for listening to the post that said not to use our karma items until something was worked out?

We get to ponder why this game has no public test server.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

Posted by: Tanek.5983

Tanek.5983

We get to ponder why this game has no public test server.

Very off topic, so I apologize for replying, but…

I’m perfectly fine with there being no public test server.

For one, the releases are so rapid now that a test server would have to be running constantly alongside the previous event and managing that sounds like it might actually take away from the process rather than add to it.

Plus, I have seen test servers in other games. Even with issues like karma changes or bugs, GW2 has fewer problems and fixes them faster than other games I have played. Test servers mainly end up as spoilers for the story and either burn some players out faster, or let players work out all the tricks and traps before they play on live.

I say ArenaNet should keep doing what they are doing because it is working and they are improving as they go along.

Posted by: Statictary.5206

Statictary.5206

So what should I do with my karma kontainers now?
Using buffs and stuffs to increase the karma gain is possible till September 3rd.
After that you should instantly gobble it down since there wont be no point in saving them to combine them with buffs…right…wrong?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So what should I do with my karma kontainers now?
Using buffs and stuffs to increase the karma gain is possible till September 3rd.
After that you should instantly gobble it down since there wont be no point in saving them to combine them with buffs…right…wrong?

Yes….the whole idea behind this change (and the Account wide Karma in your wallet) is help out with limited storage space.. If you have hoarded Karma containers, obtain your boosts and click away BEFORE Sept. 3 update. After that, just drink it when you get it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances