Top-down view spins if try to Pan. Can't Pan.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Treemoon.6538

Treemoon.6538

I posted this on “Players Helping Players”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Mouse-wont-pan-Stuck-in-top-down-view-Spins/first#post5552457

But now this is more a technical issue, possibly a bug. And also a new thought that it might have something to do with using a track pad. So I came here.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28147936-Guild-Wars-2-Mac-Edition
said to post technical problems with them here. Don’t know if it can be a “bug.”

I use an Apple track pad along side my gaming mouse when playing GW2. Usually there is no problem. I’m still not sure if this problem occurs only when using the track pad. The last time it did happen when using the track pad. Using the track pad the view angle was being moved around at one point it was looking directly look down on the character. Then the view angle looking directly down on the character became stuck. And could not be changed. Could zoom in & out. Tried to change the view angle the normal ways with the mouse and the track pad. But the picture would only spin like it can do when the mouse is moved left and right on a look down view only a much faster spin. Except at this point it spins no matter which way the mouse is moved. It destroys the ability to play the game. The only solution I have found is to totally leave the GW2 game app, and closing the log-in window; and then log back into the game.

Attempts to make the view angle become frozen or stuck in that one position to see what’s going on haven’t worked.

When the view angle gets stuck: IF I try to change the view by pressing one of the mouse buttons and moving the mouse to pan; THEN the view spins around with my character in the middle. The spinning happens both moving the mouse left/right & forward/back.

Is there a way I can fix this in game or without totally leaving and closing the game app? Thanks for any help.

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, this is a long standing issue. If you have this issue command tab out and back into the game. It happens when a game that launches in a WINE wrapper doesn’t have the focus of the mouse or something (sorry, I don’t have the exact wording for what happens memorized). It hasn’t happened to me since they fixed the mac client updater a year ago (the updater was stealing the mouse focus, causing the spinny thing).

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

If you’re using the mac version of GW2 then in game open up the settings menu (F11). There are two or three “Mac Beta” options. Two of those relate to using scrolling to change the camera. Try turning those on or off. It’s possible that one of those is causing an issue for you?

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Oh yeah, forgot about those options that should be disabled by default since they just bug out. Whoops.