Trading Post and Gem Store super laggy?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Prism.5649

Prism.5649

Does anyone else have lag issues with the Trading Post and Gem Store? I don’t have any lag issues anywhere else (even in huge boss events) and I’m running GW2 on an SSD, but for some reason the entire Black Lion Trading Company window is very laggy, especially when I’m trying to buy items from the TP. I don’t ever get black screens or errors of any kind, just straight lag.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this, or if it even is solvable?

Quick specs:
Intel Core i5-3570K
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770
Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD

Prismatic Storm: Ele
Prismatic Science: Engi
Prismatic Dream: Mesmer

Posted by: SindeeCyanide.9687

SindeeCyanide.9687

That happens to me sometimes. I’ll be trying to sell stuff and it’ll take a REALLY long time for the window to change. I usually just relog to see if that helps. Sometimes it does, but not always. if it doesn’t, then I just close the TP and try to sell again later.

1111122333wwwwwwssssssssdddddddddddaaaaaasdddddwhy aren’t my skills wor—oh.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The TP is a web-application that runs on a websever in USA, so i think especially
if you are from Europe it could happen that it is a little slow now and then since
the traffic has to go from the game severs in Frankfurt to the Webserver in across
the ocean and back.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

Yea using the trading post is bad experience for me. I could not do what I did a year ago when I was placing hundreds of buyorders daily. Now it would take me probably 6 hours because the price boxes are unresponsive. It takes forever for them to register my mouse so I can’t just quickly adjust the price.

This is not such a big deal if you only buy couple of big items but it pretty much limits me in what I can do on the TP. Now sure why it became so laggy….it was working fine in the past.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That shouldn’t be typical. If you are having that sort of latency with the TP, I recommend working with Customer Service to sort it out (or visit the stickies in the Account & Technical Support forum for some standard troubleshooting options).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Yea using the trading post is bad experience for me. I could not do what I did a year ago when I was placing hundreds of buyorders daily. Now it would take me probably 6 hours because the price boxes are unresponsive. It takes forever for them to register my mouse so I can’t just quickly adjust the price.

This is not such a big deal if you only buy couple of big items but it pretty much limits me in what I can do on the TP. Now sure why it became so laggy….it was working fine in the past.

I’ve had this issue too for a while. Not necessarily any delays in rendering/updating TP information, but very unresponsive controls, especially price boxes that refuse to respond. I used to be able to float my mouse over a box and it would gain focus, allowing me to use the mouse wheel to make quick adjustments. Or I could click on a box and use the keyboard to just type new values. It has become a struggle to get it all to work properly.