Trading post; greyed-out Buy buttons

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: rhael.6317

rhael.6317

Recent social media posts indicate the Trading Post is working, but every item I’ve clicked on has a greyed-out Buy button. I’ve got sufficient money (and the cost doesn’t appear in red), so … what gives?

Leafy Lemon of Unrepentant [Uey]
Stormbluff Isle Megaserver, PvX, US
www.unrepentantgaming.com

rhael.6317

Also: I get no tooltips when hovering over TP items, although inventory or linked items in guildchat show tooltips fine.

rhael.6317

Logging out and back in seems to have resolved the issue, in case other folks are seeing it.

rhael.6317

It turns out that logging in/out has not resolved the problem. I will usually not be able to access the Buy function or view tooltips. Rarely I have been able to use the trading post in the pat few days.

Posted by: Ikoshin.2430

Ikoshin.2430

I am having the same issue, I can view everything in the trading post but I unable to use the Buy button due to it being greyed out, also can not make custom orders or sell anything both of those options are not working as well.

Posted by: FaceRoll.6972

FaceRoll.6972

Same issue for me aswell, can’t buy stuff cause the buy button get greyed out. And cant sell my stuff either. And same issue with the gem store also, bought 200 gems the other day, that worked fine, but can’t buy stuff in the store, clicking the confirm button doesnt do anything.

Just wondering, what gfx cards do u guys have? Cause these problems occured when I downloaded new beta drivers for my nvidia gtx 560, though would be strange if its that. Havent tried reverting the drivers yet though.

Ikoshin.2430

I have found a cause and a solution for me at-least. I decided to test an idea that my Virus software could be causing issues, sure enough it was my virus software! I am currently using AVG free edition 2012, it was blocking the trading market from working properly. I disabled AVG then restarted the game and it works perfectly for me now. Hope this helps some of you out a bit.

EDIT:
Well i thought it was my Virus software, but now it appears its doing the same thing as before i turned it off. I think it might have something to do with how the overflow is handled or too many people trying to access it it could possibly some other issue. This is perplexing.

(edited by Ikoshin.2430)

Posted by: QueLights.7854

QueLights.7854

Guys, try running Game Booster 3. It closes out all other running services that you don’t need, in hopes of making your game run smoother. I had all these problems as well with TP. But I just started fiddling around with things once I saw this thread, and when I tried GW2 with GB3 running, Trade Post worked again. Not only will TP work, but if you’re lucky, your game might run faster.

Posted by: saintdiddy.4175

saintdiddy.4175

Like Ikoshin mentioned, anyone know if TP is supposed to work from an overflow as it would from the main instance? TP used to work fine for me but a few days ago it started doing this, buy button greyed out, not showing inventory on sell tab, etc.

Thanks for any input..

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hi all,

There are a couple of things that could be causing this issue and so I have two steps that I would like for you to try in order to resolve it.

The theory is that the root certs on your computers are not up to date. Follow these steps to update them:

1. Close the game client.
2. Download and run http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe

3. You’ll probably have to click ‘run’ or ‘allow’ a couple times, but after that, nothing will appear. But that’s OK, your root certs have now been updated.

4. Open the game client and try to access the trading post.

If you haven’t been able to load the trading post at all, try these steps. If this works for you, I’ll ask our customer service team to write up more formal documentation on this procedure.

Next, I would like for you to clear your web cache. Note, by following these instructions you will lose at least your graphics settings and have to set them up again:

1. Close the game client.

2. Delete the local.dat file located in Documents\Guild Wars 2\local.dat

3. Open the game client and try loading the Trading Post again.

Should this not resolve the issue for you guys, then I would like to collect a Game Advisor report so I can see if there is something that could be creating some compatibility issues with the game client. I have received some reports that security software has been the cause of this issue.

You can download the application by clicking the link below:
http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Please note that you will be automatically prompted to download the application upon clicking the link. You can attach it to the ticket by clicking the “More posting & formatting options…” button below the reply box.

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

I’ve had the same issue as states in the OP, as well as not being able to see my available gems and being unable to sell any items (empty sell tab, with “…” being written instead of gem number).

Updating root certs has fixed it for me.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

Posted by: saintdiddy.4175

saintdiddy.4175

Thank you, I’ll give your recommendations a go.

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

I had this same issue for a while and still do occasionally but I figured out a repeatable way to replicate the issue and fix it.

To replicate the issue I simply press esc while in game and exit the game and wait a couple minutes then double click the shortcut on my desktop to run the game again when I log in the TP does not work properly.

To fix it I did the following
1 Turned off UAC —this did not work
2 Right clicked on shortcut clicked grand full administrator rights --- this did not work.
3 Right clicked on shortcut went to properties then compatibility and told to run as administrator — This did not work.
4 Navigated to the guild wars 2 folder and right clicked on the gw2.exe itself then clicked grant admin privileges —this did not work
5 Right clicked GW2.exe itself not the shortcut, AFTER granting full admin privileges ( as indicated by the presence of a small lock icon on the game icon for me at least.) clicked run as administrator. -- THIS WORKED

I think it is possible that only steps 4 and 5 are necessary to make it function.

Every time I use the esc / click exit to desktop method to leave the game it reverts gw2.exe to not having admin privileges so I have to reset that. and then run as administrator. however running in windowed mode and simply clicking the x button sometimes does not reset the permissions. (but not all the time)

Posted by: QueLights.7854

QueLights.7854

I honestly think that this problem is caused by services that hinder the connection to TP.

I REALLY suggest trying Game Booster 3 until Anet has solved this problem. Running it in the background while having GW2 up, I haven’t had a single problem with TP. When I try the client without Game Booster 3, the TP doesn’t work again.

Ikoshin.2430

Thanks for the help Ashley Segovia, I have updated my root certs and as of now I am now able to access the trading post on my laptop computer, I will try it on my desktop and see if I am able to access it after updating the root certs for it, I will edit this post with future results. I play from a few different locations So I want to see if changing locations using various wifi spots will cause it to fail again after updating the root certs as well.

@QueLights I can see where some virus software and other services could hinder a connection to the TP. However if that is the case its better to figure out which are hindering it and having Anet fix issues with those services instead of having to instal a third-party software which can be dangerous in itself, they can contain virus’s and Trojans that are detrimental to account security.

I would suggest trying steps that Anet people have suggested and not using a third party software, if there are more problems Anet needs to know about them to fix the issues.

rhael.6317

Any news on this yet? It’s beyond maddening.

Posted by: Ved.7102

Ved.7102

I’ve been having this issue since launch and it is indeed very annoying. Unfortunately, none of the steps provided in this thread have helped me resolve it. Exiting and reopening the client sometimes fixes it and sometimes it doesn’t, it’s just random. One time I exited and reloged 10 times and still was unable to get it to work (seriously, I gave up after the 10th attempt). A friend of mine is having this issue as well and I’m sure there are many others.

Could we please have this issue further looked into?

Is there anything else I can try?

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

If anyone else is still experiencing this issue it is possible security software could be preventing you from accessing the Trading Post. You may want to try disabling, removing, or configuring your security software to determine whether or not it is either the issue or a contributing factor to this issue.

Posted by: Ved.7102

Ved.7102

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I tried disabling both my antivirus and firewall individually and together (and exiting and reopening the client every time) and unfortunately it didn’t seem to make any difference.
I do have a relatively old computer with 2 gbs of ram. The game runs fine in low settings but I do get long loading screens and menus. The black lion company panel in particular takes a long time to load (like 20 seconds) so I don’t know if the computer’s performance may be a contributing factor to this issue.

Posted by: Sancrea.7496

Sancrea.7496

I also have issues with tp sometimes relog doesn’t work at all, my situation with pc is the same as ved i also thought it may be a problem with machine because my friend who better pc than me never had problems with tp except at the launch just like most people.

Posted by: jokermo.3058

jokermo.3058

ok someone need to throw this in the black lion trading post section this is an ongoing thing already in the issues with trading post forum post
and all this stuff has been suggested and im repeating myself here that the problem still exists even after all this stuff go read in that section and you will see more suggestions for this issue

Posted by: goldmagistrate.2601

goldmagistrate.2601

So it’s december and all these solutions are not a 100% fix. Anet, please continue looking into this

Posted by: getweirder.2516

getweirder.2516

I don’t get when/why I have this issue. I was just using the trading post, bought 2 items, went to buy my 3rd item and the button greyed out on me. I tried everything in this thread and it’s still greyed out for me. Beyond frustrating.

Posted by: Theya.6374

Theya.6374

I tried everything in this thread and trading post doesn’t work.