Trading post issues

Trading post issues

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

Hello,

I’ve recently experienced some issues with the trading post that never occured before. Here’s the quicklist:
- Unable to see the gem currency on the top left corner in the gemstores
- Whenever I go in the style menue, my character never load, therefore I’m unable to preview anything
- Unable to right click on weapons/armors/anything on the TP to preview them
- Unable to buy anything either, the “Buy” button remains gray whatever I do

I kept the TP window opened for at least five minutes without any progess. I don’t lag while playing so I just don’t get what’s the issue. It happens everytime I play the game and just doesn’t go away.

Thank you!

(edited by NickChabby.8907)

Trading post issues

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi NickChabby – It’s possible that the problem you’re experiencing may be caused by outdated Root Certificates on your machine. In an effort to update these I would like for you to follow the steps below:

1. Close out of Guild Wars 2 if you have it running and go to your Documents folder. In the Guild Wars 2 folder you should have a file called Local.dat, delete this file.

2. Download the program from the link below:

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe

3. Run the program. You will probably have to click ‘run’ or ‘allow’ a couple times, but after that, nothing will appear.

If you run the program and nothing happens that’s ok, it is as it should be.

4. Open the Game Client and try to access the trading post.

Hope this helps!

Trading post issues

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

… And it worked! Thanks to you!

Trading post issues

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Just bumping this b/c I’ve had the exact same problem since launch.

The root cert update solution doesn’t always work for me. Sometimes it works the first try, sometimes after multiple tries, and sometimes I just give up b/c it takes to many tries.

By “try” I mean, I log into the game, see the TP isn’t working (exact same symptoms as OP’s post), close the game, run the root cert update program, shutdown the computer (complete shutdown, not restart), start up again, and log in.

Until recently it wasn’t a big deal because I wasn’t so interested in the TP, but now I am and it’s a pain to get it working this way.

It’s quite baffling that this “solution” works or doesn’t work randomly. Obviously there is some weird dependency with the OS going on (Windows 7 x64), but no idea what.

Any ideas?

(edited by kurtosis.9526)