Trading post lag getting worse.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: decasrod.2479

decasrod.2479

I opened a ticket some time ago describing my trading post lag, even made a video about it:
Edit This video does not actually show the framerate drops and stuttering, I will make a new one asap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8r1lPTTJ3I

NEW VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C71X8rKOl0

But nothing was solved, I was told to clean bin/cache, and it was concluded that this is just how it is, I should live with it.

I’ve lived with it since I started playing the game, but now it’s getting worse. Some might see the delay as minimal, but that severely limits my use of the trading (I would sometimes like to sell some items for quick cash instead of salvaging them, but I never, because selling 10 items takes me more than it should.)

This is happening on 2 PCs in the same household, on 2 different accounts.
The game runs smoothly on both those computers, no lag, no stuttering, no nothing, except on the trading post.
This last week the delay seems to have gotten worse, I cringe at the idea of using the trading post.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

(edited by decasrod.2479)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Looks totally normal for me.

You must understand the TP is a web-application, that runs on a webserver in USA
and so its not as responsive as having a programmed ingame tool that only accesses
an SQL Server that is located in the same place as the game server.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Doesn’t seem to be lagging, at all. Lol, I have to wait, sometimes, much longer just for a forum page to load.

I think the TP works faster since it changed from Awesomium to Coherent.

Regardless, good luck.

decasrod.2479

What the video fails to show is how that lag manifests itself, it’s not actual network latency, it’s more like stuttering or frame drops. The slider to the items counter when listing/buying is impossible to adjust accurately because it jumps frames when I touch it.

The TP is acting like my video card or cpu can’t handle it. For example, it’s like the game is running smooth 60 fps but the TP is at 5 fps.
I would understand network latency, but it’s acting like a graphical issue.

And it happens on two different computers and accounts, which would naturally point to an internet connection issue, but then why does it load and sort the list relatively fast, but when I have to use the buttons/sliders it lags out terribly.

Believe me I’m not making this stuff up, in no way is the TP comfortable to use or does it seem to run like it should.

When you need to perform repetitive actions tens of times, adjust sliders, prices, compare prices, or cancel orders on a moment’s notice this is quite frustrating.

decasrod.2479

Apparently setting the Graphics settings to Performance makes the Trading Post run smoother. But still not smooth, just a little better.

So it’s not a network issue and the Trading Post actually uses a lot of resources, more so than the game.
I’m running an Intel i5-2300 quad-core at 3.1GHz, with a Geforce 450GTS 1GB card, and 4GB of ram.
Way above the minimum specs, yet even on low settings the Trading post is struggling.

Any help is appreciated.

decasrod.2479

Found this information in a dev. post about performance issue with the interface on, seems the Trading post is running a different library, which would explain why it’s the only one running poorly. The rest of the interface runs smooth.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/FPS-DROP-after-Patch/page/9#post4903077

“As Felipe mentioned, we only use CoherentUI to display the gem store, currency exchange, and trading post. All other UI is using an in-house UI solution. The vast majority so far appear to have performance issues unrelated to that dialog.”

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

That looks normal to me.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I saw nothing in that video that appeared to be any excessive delays. Most players are well aware the TP and Gem Store run off different code than the rest of the game. Nobody is saying it’s perfect, but if some players can use it to make thousands of trades a day, you can suffer thru it to sell 10 items….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

decasrod.2479

I will have to make a new video with an external device since that one doesn’t do the issue any justice and people just stop at it, and don’t seem to read my latter observations, and if they do, their comments don’t reflect it.
Either way, I shouldn’t have to “suffer” through anything, it’s a game and I should be able to enjoy every aspect of it that I wish to engage in. I don’t trade more than “10” items a day because of this current issue, and I find you to be very ignorant Brother Grimm.5176.

tl;dr : I am having framerate and stuttering issues with the Trading Post, I have figured it out myself that it’s not based on network latency, but on actual CPU/GPU resource usage.

I will try to make another video later this day.

(edited by decasrod.2479)

Brother Grimm.5176

How am I ignorant when I see you are nitpicking an issue that everyone else seems to be tolerant of. Ok, good luck in your crusade to get someone to help you with that attitude.

decasrod.2479

How am I ignorant when I see you are nitpicking an issue that everyone else seems to be tolerant of. Ok, good luck in your crusade to get someone to help you with that attitude.

By belittling my trading habits when I am presenting an issue with the tool that would facilitate my trading and commenting without regard of my subsequent discoveries (I am actually trying to figure out why the TP has low framerate on 2 computers with similar specs).
That video is part of my post, but is not the total sum of it, it also does not accurately reflect the issue as I have specified in previous posts (posted before your initial comment.)

So I am calling you ignorant based on that comment.
Thank you for your interest either way, apologies to other readers for the deviation.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I don’t even know why you need high framerates on a webpage. What especially does
a high framerate change on a webpage ? Even the cursor is not blinking in and out
30+ times per second.
We can talk about load and reponse times of webpages .. but FPS ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Brother Grimm.5176

I find your use of the term “ignorant” to insult me highly ironic as you seem to be ignorant of how the game and the Trading Post actually work….. Again, good luck in your pursuit of wanting something fixed that isn’t broken.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So is the OP talking about slow response times from the TP or the sell rate limit?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

decasrod.2479

I’ve made another video showing my day to day experience with the Trading post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C71X8rKOl0

If this is normal, then I need to check myself into an asylum.

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

since the patch the tradepost is very sluggish.
sometimes its so sluggish, that when i click somewhere(like how much gold, silver or copper i want for a trade), the
mouse thinks its still somewhere else, and other things happen then i wanted.
I got used to it lol.

what you have in your video when you buy the scraps is the same as what i experience.
It used to be a lot faster and more responsive.

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

(edited by innocens.1582)