Transfering, Trading Post, Mail

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Blue Moon Buttercup.5614

Blue Moon Buttercup.5614

For the past 2 weeks I have been unable to send mail or sell anything on the Trading Post. My friends have transferred to another server and I am unable to join them. Can I get some help on how to fix this problem?

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

For the past 2 weeks I have been unable to send mail or sell anything on the Trading Post. My friends have transferred to another server and I am unable to join them. Can I get some help on how to fix this problem?

So you can’t guest on to another server? I feel like you have two different problems. Why can’t you join your friends?

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

We definitely need more description of at least one of these problems to help you.

Why can’t you sell? What are your “symptoms”? What happens when you try to mail something? Can you manually hit compose and type a name? (I noticed a recent bug with right click-send mail, hence my question)

Also, answer Ilithis.

Wehave no clue what is going on or how to help.

Posted by: Blue Moon Buttercup.5614

Blue Moon Buttercup.5614

Well, everytime I try and sell stuff on the Trading Post it tells me that “Error has occrued” and won’t let me list my item. This happens with all my items on each character on multiple computers. I am able to buy things from it but I am just unable to sell them.

When I try and send mail it says “Processing previous mail”, I have deleted all the mail in my mailbox and have tried to send it but it hasn’t work, I have typed in the characters name for example when I send the mail I type in “Blue Moon Buttercup.5614” but it won’t send to the character.

Transfering, yes I am able to guest but me and my friends don’t play PvE, all we do is play WvWvW and you can’t guest and play that. When I try to transfer it keep the transfer screen up for about 20 minutes and then it logs me out saying that the server is full and puts me back into the server I was just in with my gems.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

You may want to check firewall settings and verify your port settings. As a reference for ports:

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994/~error-codes

This tells you which ports to check.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Well, everytime I try and sell stuff on the Trading Post it tells me that “Error has occrued” and won’t let me list my item. This happens with all my items on each character on multiple computers. I am able to buy things from it but I am just unable to sell them.

When I try and send mail it says “Processing previous mail”, I have deleted all the mail in my mailbox and have tried to send it but it hasn’t work, I have typed in the characters name for example when I send the mail I type in “Blue Moon Buttercup.5614” but it won’t send to the character.

Transfering, yes I am able to guest but me and my friends don’t play PvE, all we do is play WvWvW and you can’t guest and play that. When I try to transfer it keep the transfer screen up for about 20 minutes and then it logs me out saying that the server is full and puts me back into the server I was just in with my gems.

If opening the ports does not fix your problem, I would submit a support ticket to ArenaNet to see what they have to say. It almost seems like an account issue. Can you test whether you can sell and send mail on another network?

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

When you say, “multiple computers”, are they on the same network / internet connection? If so, then that DOES indicate some sort of networking / firewall issue. I don’t know about the world transfer code, but the TP code does access and display the server data via your OS networking settings, so those can cause issues with the TP (but that usually translates to the TP not displaying any data and not working at all).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)