Two accounts, one email address

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

Q:

Hi there,

is it possible to have two accounts using one email address or would it be advisable to use a different email address for the second.

Thank you

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

So sorry, but no. The direct correlation is: one email address per account, and one email address per Guild Wars 2, and one GW2 account per email address.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Not possible.(already tried it)
You will have to make another e-mail account.

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

Thanks for the reply

Posted by: Yuki Tanuki.7563

Yuki Tanuki.7563

I have a follow-up question. Would it be possible to make a second account with a different e-mail address but using the same serial code I used with the first account? I’m asking because I just found out that some other friends of mine play, but they are on a different server than the one I am currently on, and I don’t want to move my whole account over to a new server because I have friends on the server I am currently on. I hope that made sense.

Basically, I want to know if it’s possible to have characters on two different servers without having to purchase another copy of the game. Thank you for any help on this.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

No. All your characters are on the same server.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: BladeDVD.6234

BladeDVD.6234

Basically, I want to know if it’s possible to have characters on two different servers without having to purchase another copy of the game. Thank you for any help on this.

It will be. They are working on a guesting feature so that you can play with friends on servers other than yours. No ETA yet, and they’ve been saying it’s coming since the game was released, so I wouldn’t expect it in the next couple of weeks. They’ve already said you won’t be able to WvW via guesting (for what I would think would be obvious reasons) but the delays are starting to make me think they are trying to avoid potential exploits (like farming high value mining nodes faster than you could when restricted to a single server) and having trouble doing so. That last part is pure speculation on my part though.