Un-Link Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Goldie.5821

Goldie.5821

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to un-link my Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 accounts. I don’t play Guild Wars 2 anymore, and I get tired of receiving authentication emails because people try and hack my account. If there is a way to do this please help me.

Thank You,
Jordan

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Support has started in the past that there is no way to unlink the accounts once they are linked. If you are getting authentication emails, it means someone has your login and password. Since it’s the same password for both GW1 and 2, you should change your password ASAP to protect both accounts.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I rather doubt unlinking will do anything. They obviously have your login information if you are getting authenification requests. You might even have a keylogger.

To really stop these requests you should first check your computer security. When you are sure your computer is clean, change your game and email passwords. If you do this it should stop the log in attempts.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Rabbi Rick.3194

Rabbi Rick.3194

Your account is not necessarily compromised. Based on the language of your post, it seems as though you do not play GW2, but you might be playing GW1? If this is the case , and you have authentication for GW2 turned on, you will be sent an authentication email everytime you log into GW1, even though GW1 does not require the authentication.

It doesn’t hurt to double check that you haven’t been compromised, however.

Just my two coppers worth,

Rabbi Rick
Proud member of the Ring of 1000

Posted by: innawmw.3628

innawmw.3628

I’ve got the wrong account linked quite long ago… One with just nightfall, while the other account holds all complete set of of gw. And has alot more points. Those both accounts are my own but to be able to use my second gw account I am forced to buy another copy of guildwars2 ? I don’t understand such system I’ve got no profit at all from linking the first gw account. So I have not been able to use HOM at all. It has not been used at all so I believe there should be a way of unlinking the accounts for the players that have never taken anything out of the HOM… In case of requesting complete isolation or would you call it.. To get rid of it completely and link the actual gw account that I am using… I’m sure this is quite confusing but indeed a fair way for players.