Unable to Install (just bought game)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Eveliz.1834

Eveliz.1834

I just bought the game about 3 hours ago, been having constant issues with the client crashing while downloading.

First time it gets to 6% then crash, re-run —> crash @ 4%, re-run --> crash @ 5%, 4th time it only got to 1% (42mb) then crashed.

I’m running a 8.1 Windows computer, my system fits the requirements of the game, I’ve got the latest updates from Microsoft, I’ve run it in admin mode, I’ve run it with -Streamingclient (cmd line), I’ve tried making a new folder and renaming the .exe to gw2.exe and running from there, nothing seems to work and I am unable to find anyone to help.

Any ideas?

If you’re wanting to know more info about my computer feel free to ask but I doubt it will help, because I’ve got over 160 games on steam, 20+ on origin, 20+ on Uplay, ect. And not one of them has had an installation issue, so it’s definitely not my computer, it’s this specific game.

So any ideas?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

If it is an actual crash I have no clue. But it could also be that there are just too many people trying to install at the same time.

The only consoling thing I can say is that the % you see is of the remaining files, so at least some progress is happening.

Posted by: Eveliz.1834

Eveliz.1834

All I know is I’ve been watching this game for weeks and it finally goes on sale, so I buy it and I get nothing but disappointment. Really discouraging for new people, not to mention there is no live help/live chat like most websites have for technical issues, and there is no phone number to call for support.

So either I do a ton of reading on the forums and hope someone replies with a valuable response, or I become my own support and attempt to solve the issue on my own, real discouraging.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

There is a concentration of savvy people on the Account and Technical Support forum. Just above these. I am a clutch on smartphones so I cannot even link it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You don’t state your particular error/crash report, so this may or may not be helpful:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/SELFSOLVED-problem-with-1-2-files-remaining/first#post4704131

There are several different solutions in the thread, and Dev posts, as well.

Good luck.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You may also want to investigate the Applications section of your Event Log for any clues as to what the crash may be related to.

Keep in mind the game requires a nearly +20G download so all the issues that entails apply.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances