Unable to Purchase Gems [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Stigvicious.2546

Stigvicious.2546

Trying to buy gems in TP. 100USD wont work on either paypal or credit card. So tried the 50USD. It works until i bought 4 times and then it doesnt allow me to buy anymore. It keep on says "Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later.” 100USD aint working and now 50USD aint working.

Posted by: Shiara.9415

Shiara.9415

I’m deathly worried that because I got the same alerts. That I’m gonna be severely in the red tomarrow.

1555250 is my ticket number.

I hope this solution is solved. Will the backed up transactions come out? I don’t want them to. I want them gone. I don’t want to be so in the read i’m doomed.

Sorry for being so afraid, I heard that that can happen with the Unexpected Error Please Try Again Later.

Posted by: KenNing.2571

KenNing.2571

I’ve been receiving the “unfortunately an error has occured, please try again later.”
how can I solve it?

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I have the same problem I could not purchase 8000 gems through online banking and paypall, using the tip posted above I purchased 4000 gems and could do this twice with online banking before the same error occured. I have been able to purchase 2800 for four times and got to the amount I wanted so I don’t know if there is a limit on that as well.

Posted by: Hatter.8159

Hatter.8159

Managed to buy 4000 gems twice, now I cant purchase more. Is there going to be a fix on this? Or do you guys just not want the money I want to give? XD

Posted by: Hip Uncle Z.1980

Hip Uncle Z.1980

Having the same problem.

Trying to buy Gems.

Posted by: IIRVII.4567

IIRVII.4567

When i try to buy gems , it says : unfortunately an error has occurred. please try again later. anyone else experiencing this issue ? please let me know what to do

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you continue to have difficulties, you can contact the Billing CS Team and ask for assistance.

Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Submit a Request

Good luck.

Posted by: dominozz.7413

dominozz.7413

saw this at the support page:

We’re aware of some problems currently occurring with gem purchases and are working on a solution. Please don’t attempt to purchase gems at this time. If you’ve attempted to purchase gems recently but haven’t received them, don’t worry – we’ll make sure everyone gets everything they paid for.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We had a brief (about 45 minute) issue with the billing company, but that should be resolved now and all those who completed a transaction will have received their gems.

It appears your issue is different, so if you still experience difficulties, please go ahead and submit a ticket to CS so they can help you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Nope. I had this error after it was supposedly resolved. Sent a ticket to CS because now I’ve been overcharged. Should change the instructions from “please try again” to something else. :/

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Fizzee.1762

Fizzee.1762

Should change the instructions from “please try again” to something else. :/

Agreed, I have been triple charged… now the fun of claiming it back…

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Can’t buy Gems? Anet will answer you within an hour. Can’t get into WvW? You might have to wait 4-5 hours.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Posted by: DeadAnyeth.8137

DeadAnyeth.8137

since i bought hearth of thorns ultimate expansion 3 days ago, i got the error, an error happened please try again later when i try to buy more gems, i tried with my credit card and paypal, and lareay verified with my credit card company. so i’m wondering if there is a problem with my account.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

For an individualized response, you can contact the Billing CS Team using the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’.

Good luck.

DeadAnyeth.8137

Same problem here since 3 days, I opened a ticket yesterday, waiting for update.
probleme happened after buying the ultimate edition of hearth of thorns, and happened when trying with credit card or paypal to buy more gems.
same message: “unfortunately an error has occured, please try again later.”
credit card company says from their side there is no probleme and i got sure with them that the information like the adress and name was written exactly as what they have.
ticket: 1637828

(edited by DeadAnyeth.8137)

DeadAnyeth.8137

Same problem here since 3 days, I opened a ticket yesterday, waiting for update.
probleme happened after buying the ultimate edition of hearth of thorns, and happened when trying with credit card or paypal to buy more gems.
same message: “unfortunately an error has occured, please try again later.”
credit card company says from their side there is no probleme and i got sure with them that the information like the adress and name was written exactly as what they have.
ticket: 1637828

Posted by: Aquila Virtuis.9761

Aquila Virtuis.9761

I have been having this issue since last night as well; roughly when I purchased the Heart of Thrones Ultimate. I tried all gem amounts with several cards. Account has been suspended, so I opened a ticket.
Ticket # 1692454

Posted by: morana.2578

morana.2578

Several years passed and the problem is still there. Please add an option to purchase gems not only in game but at your site too.

Seafarer’s Rest. Time Keepers [TK]

(edited by morana.2578)

Posted by: MadameMoonlight.3901

MadameMoonlight.3901

I hate to complain, I love the game and have respect for the company; but what gives? I also hate to make tacky references, but shut up and take my money!

To clarify; I am completely unable to purchase gems in game, and I had a similar issue when I first purchased the game a couple months ago. So naturally, I’m a bit annoyed and a little disappointed. Especially considering how long you have to wait before anyone can fix it.

Posted by: Pimsley.3045

Pimsley.3045

Is paypal for gem purchases down for anyone else?

Posted by: DeathsDomain.8341

DeathsDomain.8341

I have been having this error for 2 days now. I’ve contacted them but I know their busy with the expansion coming up so I don’t mind waiting. Sad thing Is I’m full on character slots and need the gems to buy them up for tomorrow so I may just have to wait until they get back with me on the Issue and skip playing the new profession tomorrow.

I’m thinking that It may be crashing due to stress. Right now with the expansion Imminent there are a lot of people trying to purchase gems, this Is just a guess but I bet that has something to do with It.

Also try not to attempt to purchase multiple times during the error as I’ve heard that doing so can sometimes charge you for each of those times once the error Is solved. (then you would have to refund those (unless you’re paypal, If you’re paypal and you try to go through them or your bank account you can get banned so make sure to go through Anet and no one else when addressing a refund))

Posted by: Nexus.8652

Nexus.8652

Getting this on a CC payment for $100 worth of gems, tried twice. Is this really the same recurring problem? If A.net can’t fix this in the next few hours, GW2 will be dead to me for another 3+ months while I dive into FO4.

Posted by: Kacodo.5691

Kacodo.5691

Unable to buy any amount of gems, always getting the same message: “Unfortunately an error has occured. Please try again later!”. I have more than enough money on my card and purchases worked fine 4 times over the last week but do not work now.

Posted by: AfternoonGamer.8763

AfternoonGamer.8763

I guess i join in on this as well. unable to purchase gems for any amount. using paypal or just the credit card. had no idea this was such a problem for so many people after so many years. #1948758

(edited by AfternoonGamer.8763)

Posted by: SerLivesNoMore.4289

SerLivesNoMore.4289

Same thing happening to me. I’ve tried PayPal, and two different credit cards (both with sufficient funds), and I’m getting the “Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!” response. I’ve already submitted a ticket, based on first responses ANet never received my request. Checked my bank account, nothing there either.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Those getting “an error”, are you trying to buy 8000? I got that too and was told by CS it’s a ‘security block’ by Anet’s payment processor.

I was able to buy 4000 repeatedly without any problems.

Posted by: SerLivesNoMore.4289

SerLivesNoMore.4289

I’ve been trying for only 800

Posted by: Alwayshappy.2549

Alwayshappy.2549

Having the same issue. Cannot pay with online banking, or SEPA, while I have more than enough money on my bank account and I never had any issues before.

Posted by: BrightStarFire.4985

BrightStarFire.4985

Keep getting a message that an unexpected error has occurred to please try again later. Have been trying since yesterday with several different payments all of which should have been valid. Thanks for your time. Happy Winter’s Day!

Kenwyn Starsong – First Wizard
Starsong Magi

Posted by: NiteSlayr.4563

NiteSlayr.4563

I have had this issue quite a few times in the past and have encountered the error once again… It’s really frustrating because I ALWAYS get this error when I want something from the gem shop that’s limited time. -_- Can I get a quick fix or something, please?

Posted by: Asukatenjou.9862

Asukatenjou.9862

Hello! So I have been doing a bit of research and know that there is a gem purchase limit though a card on GW2. Now my question is… what is this limit? It is not listed anywhere, and as far as I can see, this limit is tailored per user and determined through support contact. But is there some kind of number to go off of?

“Foo.”

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

Tried to buy gems today and got an “An error has occurred please try again later” message. I tried again later. Same message. Tried again even later. Same message. I even sent in a ticket in game after my second try and no response 4 hours later.

Not sure what to do now. Please help!

Posted by: Sandor Johanssen.7915

Sandor Johanssen.7915

I tried to by gems and got the error message when I tried to pay with paypal. I sent in a ticket but haven’t gotten a reply yet. I know it’s Christmas so that’s not a problem.

An it harm none, do as ye will.

Blessed be

Posted by: Axllow.9408

Axllow.9408

I’ve managed to buy gem for the first time, but now it has been nothing but errors.
I’ve submitted Request #2027379 ".
Please have a look at it.

Thank you.

Posted by: Nova.7438

Nova.7438

I was unable to buy gems today as well. I tried a few credit cards as well as paypal but it kept giving me an error and telling me to try again later. Should I open up a ticket?

Posted by: Abaddons Acolyte.7438

Abaddons Acolyte.7438

Hello
Today I tried to purchase the expansion on the gemstore with a 75 doller visa gift card only to have it declined.
I came and bought it on your website and it went through. Since then I have tried to buy gems with the same card and am Still being declined.

Posted by: FoodStamp bandit.1875

FoodStamp bandit.1875

i am currently receiving the same error message when trying to purchase gems from the gem store. except i dont get the gems and the money does not leave my account, i would love to support gw2 but it wont let me for some reason and have no idea why.

Posted by: Moderator

Locking this up. The original issue has since been taken care of.