"Unable to connect to log-in server"

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Penarddun.6827

Penarddun.6827

My game has been crashing dozens of times per day for the last few days.

The screen goes black, I get this error:
“The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support for assistance at…
(Code =58.11:5:535:101)”

When I click okay the game is just a black screen and I have to force quit from the task bar.

I tried re-installing the entire game and it is still happening.

What should I do to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Posted by: Athera.4506

Athera.4506

Same exact issue here, glad its not just me. started a few days ago. im on Xfinity internet in Oregon if that helps.

Penarddun.6827

I’m on Optimum cable in NY.

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

Don’t think its an ISP issue, i got this since 4 patches ago. Tried everything from repairing, reinstalling, reformatting pc (built for GW2 ONLY), bought a new router as suggested, turn off all firewall, antivirus just to stay playing. Still getting random blackscreen dc with background music playing and dc on loading screen. Now I just log on for dailies.

Posted by: Jakal.6485

Jakal.6485

Error Code: 42:0:9001:4410

More or less the same issue.. Called ISP also, Firewall also, Router settings also, Security Settings also.. I’ve created a ticket on the issue so.. /shrug

Any light on this yet? Anyone?

Handsome Jjâk
Current: Team Resurgence [PuRGE]
Previous: [MMAC], [DEVS], [EXS], [RioT]NA/[RiOT]EU

Jakal.6485

More or less the same issue.. Called ISP also, Firewall also, Router settings also, Security Settings also.. I’ve created a ticket on the issue so.. /shrug

In further attempts to rectify said issue.. I’ve attempted to launch the game on my laptop.

I have been able to log in via my laptop (accepted my login creds.. Guild mates have stated they see my account online as well). However, I believe this has only worked, because the client on my laptop is not current (up to date).

In hopes to mimic this process, I will uninstall/reinstall GW2 on my main PC. I’m hoping that I will be able to log in since the client won’t be “up to date”.

EDIT: I was able to fully log in and into the game. I also checked my Firewall Allowed Programs. There are at least 4-5 items labeled GW2 in the Allowed Programs list. There is none located in the Allowed Programs via my main PC. I’m still leaning toward a corrupted patch/update/whatever..

I will update this post accordingly with my findings.

Handsome Jjâk

(edited by Jakal.6485)

Jakal.6485

In further attempts to rectify said issue.. I’ve attempted to launch the game on my laptop.

I have been able to log in via my laptop (accepted my login creds.. Guild mates have stated they see my account online as well). However, I believe this has only worked, because the client on my laptop is not current (up to date).

In hopes to mimic this process, I will uninstall/reinstall GW2 on my main PC. I’m hoping that I will be able to log in since the client won’t be “up to date”.

UPDATE: I was able to fully log in and into the game. I also checked my Firewall Allowed Programs. There are at least 4-5 items labeled GW2 in the Allowed Programs list. There is none located in the Allowed Programs via my main PC. I’m still leaning toward a corrupted patch/update/whatever..

*UPDATE: I had successfully uninstalled GW2 from my main PC. However, since I had forgotten to get a disk drive for this PC.. I have now attempted to install GW2 via digital d/l. Upon doing so.. The d/l shifts from “Not Responding” to responding, a lot. I don’t view this as normal by any means.. I’ve performed a restore as well. Restoring my PC to 4 days ago, in hopes to further move the issue from my end. This has not helped the initial issue at all.. I now do not have GW2 installed on my PC and am unable to d/l GW2 via digital d/l..

Any suggestions?

Handsome Jjâk

(edited by Jakal.6485)

Jakal.6485

UPDATE: I was able to fully log in and into the game. I also checked my Firewall Allowed Programs. There are at least 4-5 items labeled GW2 in the Allowed Programs list. There is none located in the Allowed Programs via my main PC. I’m still leaning toward a corrupted patch/update/whatever..

*UPDATE: I had successfully uninstalled GW2 from my main PC. However, since I had forgotten to get a disk drive for this PC.. I have now attempted to install GW2 via digital d/l. Upon doing so.. The d/l shifts from “Not Responding” to responding, a lot. I don’t view this as normal by any means.. I’ve performed a restore as well. Restoring my PC to 4 days ago, in hopes to further move the issue from my end. This has not helped the initial issue at all.. I now do not have GW2 installed on my PC and am unable to d/l GW2 via digital d/l..

Any suggestions?

Upon further sifting.. I find something called Premier Opinion in my system tray. I believe I may have obtained this from a bunked java update site. I’ve removed this program/virus and I am now able to install GW2 via digital d/l and have successfully logged in.

I hope the crammed together post of mine, help those having a similar issues.

Thnx o/

Handsome Jjâk

Penarddun.6827

I am still having these crashes a few times every hour. The games is practically unplayable for me. I cannot be relied on to be able to finish any content with other members. I’m going to submit a ticket, but I do believe it has something to do with a recent patch, as I never experienced this before.

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Omg..thought I was alone with this kind of error, yeah same thing here, I’m getting this error exactly every 60m

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Problem is persistent…pls help

Penarddun.6827

Nothing has changed. Still experiencing the same issues.

Posted by: DarknesSushi.5876

DarknesSushi.5876

that error 42:0:9001:4410, i’m having it too…i tried everything…. it may help some others, open the “cmd” on your windows as admin, and tap – Netsh winsock reset
then restart the pc, with me that worked the first time…after i left the error came back too and the prompt don’t help anymore

Penarddun.6827

So the reset was “not” a fix for this?