Unauthorized log in attempt!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SpiderPIG.4150

SpiderPIG.4150

So I received an email stating that my account was trying to be accessed by this person:

Address: 110.124.165.42
City: Beijing
Region: 22

It asked me to authorize but I ignored the email. Consequently I changed my personal login username(email) to my work mail which is more secure and also changed my password.

Does this authorization email mean that the person ‘knew’ my password or was he merely attempting to try and crack it? I usually have passwords that contain random letters and numbers so it would be difficult to just ‘guess’ it. Or does it seem that these hackers have access to ANets database?

Also had this happen to my cousin, which he also received an email saying someone from Beijing tried to access his account. What’s the correct thing to do here?

Thanks!

SP

Posted by: RamsiPL.4963

RamsiPL.4963

I also received this e-mail:

Address: 173.255.175.164
City: San Francisco
Region: CA

I checked the website and denied access from this IP and changed the password.

Is there a place here to report such abuse?

Posted by: SpiderPIG.4150

SpiderPIG.4150

You didnt get hacked though did you? It seems these hackers are using VPNs to to do their dirty business. Why people go to certain lengths to obtain items that arent real is beyond me. Lost my faith in humanity.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Please read the daily update from Mike O’Brien, ArenaNet President, on the Guild Wars Wiki. You’ll find out that would-be hackers are doing this to try to find accounts to steal using credentials they stole from other games or sites.

Link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates/Archive_1

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: James Edward Frost.8946

James Edward Frost.8946

Hey I need help can someone, Gray? Block some Ip’s for me I don’t know how but they keep logging in to my account. I’ll attach screenshots in paint of the hackers IP and address. Thanks there are two more to go.

Attachments: