Unplayable on PLDT Philippines ISP

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kokey.6329

Kokey.6329

Hi guys, anybody playing from the Philippines using PLDT ISP that is lagging at around 5pm MNL time onwards but no connection issue during daytime? This just started a week ago, been playing for 3-4 months now.

Already emailed GW2 and they say its because of the ISP, just sent an email to PLDT hoping they would read it.

Just want to know if there are anyone else besides us experiencing this.

Posted by: ErayzZz.7642

ErayzZz.7642

thrust me mate its not about your country or ISP,most ppls having some connection issues atm.im from turkey and im also having some issues,even cant login
btw check this and see how many ppls having this issue
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Network-Lag-Merged/page/46

Posted by: XBOSZ.4567

XBOSZ.4567

@Kokey I am having the exact same problem as you.
Started out to lag in the afternoon till about midnight, few weeks ago it started lagging the whole day but seemed to be playable, now the lag is just unbearable.

Posted by: Flinxe.1623

Flinxe.1623

I can’t even patch the game with PLDT. Anyone have this problem? I can play just fine yesterday.

Posted by: XBOSZ.4567

XBOSZ.4567

Game was fine a week ago but slow patch downloads, now everything is just unbearable. I can’t even play lagless for 2 seconds.

Posted by: Flinxe.1623

Flinxe.1623

I experienced lag last night. Then now I can’t even download the patch. I tried reinstalling the game. Can’t even get past the launcher now

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I am from PH and I’m getting 0kbps on patch… I think it’s an ISP issue – they told me a cable was broke…

But youtube has been working fine, so I’m now confused. Maybe they are throttling, but GW2? Really? It’s occupying a huge bandwidth?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Firellis.7954

Firellis.7954

I am from PH and I’m getting 0kbps on patch… I think it’s an ISP issue – they told me a cable was broke…

But youtube has been working fine, so I’m now confused. Maybe they are throttling, but GW2? Really? It’s occupying a huge bandwidth?

You are correct, there is a problem with PLDT’s cable – if you would try to contact their cust support it would even inform you about the damage in their cables in their automated response before you can get to the dialtone to wait for the operator.

to all people at MNL or PHIL I suggest waiting it out instead of trying for more than 30minutes just to patch/connect- it’d just be a waste of time and even if you get past the launcher you wouldnt even be able to play it properly.

I’m gonna steal your heart.
-dragonbrand thief.