*Update* Bad FPS Since New Build 7/1/14

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

So I logged in for the new content and was running around Dry Top getting 40-50 FPS, then a new build hit (was a couple hours ago, maybe 7:30 EST) and suddenly I’m getting 10 FPS in Dry Top and low 20s everywhere else.

Anyone else having this issue?

Specs:

8gb RAM
Win 7 64bit

Update – potential fix?

So after looking all over for a solution I found one that MIGHT work for you. I noticed that in GPU-Z my GPU was running in x2 mode instead of x16 mode. I reseated it and now the game runs fine.

I’m not very computer literate so I have no idea if this is an issue caused by the update (I think it was tbh considering my FPS was fine before the new build) but this may help some of you experiencing unplayable FPS.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

(edited by vespers.1759)

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Glad to hear I’m not the only one. My FPS is unbearable in Dry Top. 2-8 fps.

I know I have an older system, but it’s still meeting the minimum requirements. I don’t want to go out and purchase a brand new desktop just for one update..

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Exact same specs, sitting on 57 fps during the sandstorm

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

I got this issue too

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

okay I managed to fix this problem for me at least. I think that the new patch did not install properly. Luckily there was an older version of gw2 stored on my external drive so I deleted the one on my computer and reupdated it. Fps and everything is back to normal.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

outside of Dry Top, my game can run just fine. I don’t know if it was a recent update or something, but Dry Top is the only place that lags me now. It’s still annoying.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Exact same specs, sitting on 57 fps during the sandstorm

Exactly how is 57 FPS an issue? That is glorious for many players.

The sandstorm effects WILL cause FPS slowdown (and unfortunately, such slowdown can adversely effect how the Aspect skills perform….bad design choice, IMO).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: gojila.8741

gojila.8741

Same problem here.. After the update my fps drops to around 10-12 fps :S

Is there any way to redownload the latest patch ?

vespers.1759

So I got on this morning and everything was great. I was getting 50fps in dry top even during the sandstorms, and then I came back on a couple hours later and boom 10 fps again.

I have no idea wtf is happening. I tried turning down my settings and it didn’t help, tried forcing some settings through Radeonpro and that made no difference either.

Idk if it’s poor optimization or what, but something is very wrong.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If you aren’t using an SSD, defrag the drive with the dat file on it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

vespers.1759

So I’ve just done some monitoring and I’m getting 100% GPU load with 54% fan speed (Radeon 7870), about 30% load on 4 CPU cores, while the other 4 are idling (AMD 8350) and I’m getting 20 FPS in Ashford. There’s no reason that a 7870 should be hitting 100% load with reduced settings this game. The other thing is this low fps only happens sometimes. This morning everything was fine, and then I relog and it’s garbage.

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

what does your gpu clock speed read as when at 100% load? I had this issue earlier as the drivers sometimes do not recognize gw2 and refused to up the clock speeds up from the power save idle modes.

[ICoa] Blackgate

vespers.1759

what does your gpu clock speed read as when at 100% load? I had this issue earlier as the drivers sometimes do not recognize gw2 and refused to up the clock speeds up from the power save idle modes.

According to GPU-Z the core clock is 1000mhz and the memory clock is 1200mhz. I’m pretty sure that’s what I should be getting as that’s what it shows in other games.

I haven’t changed anything in months, it was that new build that came through last night that started all the problems.

gojila.8741

still 10 fps
has any1 got any solution for this issue?

vespers.1759

No change in FPS with max settings or lowest settings either :/

Posted by: Exiled Dbl.9035

Exiled Dbl.9035

It seems fine to me 59-60 fps everywhere in dry top.

3570k oc 4.5Ghz on Water, 16 Gigs of RAM 1866, 2 SSD’s in RAID 0, 2x Gigabyte GTX 760 OC SLI

vespers.1759

So after looking all over for a solution I found one that MIGHT work for you. I noticed that in GPU-Z my GPU was running in x2 mode instead of x16 mode. I reseated it and now the game runs fine.

I’m not very computer literate so I have no idea if this is an issue caused by the update (I think it was tbh considering my FPS was fine before the new build) but this may help some of you experiencing unplayable FPS.

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

Yeah this is a power/performance setting issue where the computer is not recognizing gw2 as something that needs the extra bandwidth and thus keeps the pcie bus/graphics card in power save mode.

[ICoa] Blackgate

vespers.1759

So this will likely happen each time I restart the computer?

gojila.8741

Hmmm by reseating it do u mean the hardware? like pulling it out of the socket and putting it back in again??

vespers.1759

Hmmm by reseating it do u mean the hardware? like pulling it out of the socket and putting it back in again??

Yup