Update Client, stuck at 0 kb/sec - 1 kb/sec

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Suunnn.3769

Suunnn.3769

Hi there, I’m not sure if this question has been asked before but I’ve been having trouble with this game recently.

I bought the game over the weekend and I had a lot of issues downloading/installing it, because it was stuck at 0 kb/sec and then said the download failed. Eventually it worked when I just let it sit all day and I also got the installation done.

Right now it’s starting to update with like, 5900 files remaining, and it’s been stuck again at 0 kb/sec – 1 kb/sec for about 20 minutes now. My computer is Windows 8, I disabled my Firewall and ran the client as Adminstrator. Not sure what else I can do, please help, thanks!

Posted by: Unloveableone.6082

Unloveableone.6082

My gf’s client has been downloading the last two files for about 20 minutes now.

Posted by: Sagaciousmoke.8209

Sagaciousmoke.8209

Trying to update my client and my wife’s with similar issues. She just updated Sunday, so it should not be taking >2 hours to update to the most recent build. Results from a “Gw2.exe -diag” attached, in case it provides any helpful information. Looks to me like two of the diag servers are unreachable, and a few packets were lost, but not enough that it should be a big concern.

Attachments:

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

This isn’t helpful, but: lots of people have been having this problem after patches, on and off, for months and months now. Just gotta deal with it—Anet certainly aren’t fixing it.

(To be fair, it seems like it might be a problem with certain ISPs. So maybe it’s out of Anet’s hands. But at any rate, nobody’s come up with a reliable fix that works for everybody.)

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Posted by: Sagaciousmoke.8209

Sagaciousmoke.8209

The fix suggested by Aiden Savage in this thread has my download moving along at a speedy clip now.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Can-t-Patch-1/first#post4743729

Posted by: Suunnn.3769

Suunnn.3769

I just tried Aiden Savage’s fixed from the other thread too and now my update speed is traveling at 600+ kb/sec now. That’s a great help, thanks!

Posted by: Ceeps.3185

Ceeps.3185

Just throwing this out there, this happened to me too when I logged on today. It went very slowly at first. I tried swapping it around to -clientport 80, still the same thing.

It didn’t get stuck at 0, but it did go very slow. Hope it doesn’t happen next patch.

Eventually it downloaded and allowed me to login.

Ceeps
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Alric.2479

Alric.2479

That is not the proper solution. At least it is not working for me…I am starting to get a bit of frustration…

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

ANET does not care about this issue for whatever reason. They wont even respond and obviously have no intention of making an effort to fix this. This is an issue that comes with the game and we have to accept it.

You need to do The assetsrv trick with the correct ip address. It will work with the right IP.

Posted by: Alric.2479

Alric.2479

I forgot to mention that I already tried all IPs on the list and any other possible solution I could find on Google so… I am stuck for life

(edited by Alric.2479)