Updates won't complete for last month

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Svennis.3852

Svennis.3852

So whenever there’s been a patch the client begins downloading as normal and everything is fine, but for some reason within the last 5-10% the download speed slowly dies out until it hits 0.

After that it will NOT continue to download. When I close and boot the client again, it will maybe download a few more files before it gives up, meanwhile the internet is working just fine in my browser.

I have run a repair on the game using the generally suggested methods, but the problem persists. This has been happening for about a month and hasn’t improved with time.

I did try this solution just in case, and the client couldn’t even connect when I tried it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Connection-error-s-detected-Retrying-100/first#post5016682

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can peruse the Knowledge Base for trouble-shooting tips.

You can contact the Tech CS Team for assistance.

Both can be accessed via the ‘Support’ link above/below.

Good luck.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I did try this solution just in case, and the client couldn’t even connect when I tried it:

The IPs can change. Those from 2 years ago are likely long gone, especially since ArenaNet has flipped through various providers over the last year. Try ArenaNet’s own server:

Gw2.exe -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

For some people however, only a VPN will work as something is manipulating their traffic and causing GW2 to download corrupted files, which it gets stuck on. Some have had success in simply leaving the launcher open, for hours. You can use the -log option to see what it’s doing, which creates the file: %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log