Upgrading to the Digital Deluxe Version

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kevin Collins.2098

Kevin Collins.2098

Forgive me if this has been asked before…

I’ve just seen the promotion that’s running until Jan 7th where when you buy Guild Wars you get the Digital Deluxe version upgrade for free.

If I wanted to upgrade my current version (Digital only) to the Deluxe version, how would I go about doing that and how much would that cost?

Thanks in advance,

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Please see the buy.guildwars2.com site. Be aware that the special upgrade promotion is offered only with the purchase of a new account.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Kevin Collins.2098

I understand that the promotion is for new accounts.

On the buy.guildwars.com website there doesn’t seem to be a method of upgrading an existing account to the more expensive version. I can only see where I could purchase a new (second) account.

Are account upgrades possible? I’d pay $20 to upgrade my current Digital to Digital Deluxe.

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

You can buy the upgrade for 2000 gems in the Gem Store (under upgrades if memory serves). It won’t come with the hat, though, I don’t think.

Kevin Collins.2098

Thanks Neon. I’ll look for it the next time I’m online.

Posted by: TheDragon.2576

TheDragon.2576

Please see the buy.guildwars2.com site. Be aware that the special upgrade promotion is offered only with the purchase of a new account.

If I upgrade my account to Deluxe using the Gem Store will I receive ALL items included in the current promotion (this means the Wizzard’s Hat too!)?

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

If I upgrade my account to Deluxe using the Gem Store will I receive ALL items included in the current promotion (this means the Wizzard’s Hat too!)?

No. Special upgrade promotion is only for new accounts.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I understand that the promotion is for new accounts.

On the buy.guildwars.com website there doesn’t seem to be a method of upgrading an existing account to the more expensive version. I can only see where I could purchase a new (second) account.

Are account upgrades possible? I’d pay $20 to upgrade my current Digital to Digital Deluxe.

I’m so sorry, for some reason I believed that the item was available on the “buy” site. My error! As pointed out above, you can purchase the upgrade through the use of gems, acquired in the game or through a purchase in the Gem Store.

Thanks for the inquiry (and for your extra support of our game) !

Sorry, no.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The problem is that the Digital Deluxe upgrade in the gem store costs $20 for players that bought the game at launch, while for new players it’s $0 (since it tends to come for free with the game now). Is there any change of that getting fixed to not penalize early adopters?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

The problem is that the Digital Deluxe upgrade in the gem store costs $20 for players that bought the game at launch, while for new players it’s $0 (since it tends to come for free with the game now). Is there any change of that getting fixed to not penalize early adopters?

I got the upgrade via Gemstore. Just personal bad luck for me not to get the special promotion and personal good luck for the players who got the promotion.

Promotions will be always done at many shops (online and offline). Sometimes you ar lucky, somtimes you are not. No shop will refund money to a customer who bought outside of a promotion. Such is life!

Posted by: APEGamer.1769

APEGamer.1769

I’m not really complaining, but it does seem odd to me that they’re snubbing the current subscribers in this case. Maybe they don’t give current subscribers free digital deluxe upgrades, but some other digital bennie.

Previous

Gaile Gray

I got the upgrade via Gemstore. Just personal bad luck for me not to get the special promotion and personal good luck for the players who got the promotion.

Promotions will be always done at many shops (online and offline). Sometimes you ar lucky, somtimes you are not. No shop will refund money to a customer who bought outside of a promotion. Such is life!

Thank you for understanding, and for saying that so well.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet