Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

VERY Abnormal Ping Issues

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Bloodwine.6450

Bloodwine.6450

I’m experiencing the exact same issue as you guys.

Australian player, usually 250 average latency. Since the raid patch been sat on a consistent 350-450 latency with constant jumps to 1k resulting in the game being unplayable for the past week.

Hope this gets some attention soon cuzzz yeahhh this is pretty bad.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

like scheduled, the slideshow starts again around 8 pm just like this, i am assuming for another 2 hours again

it doesn’t look as bad on pinglotter, but it is absolutely unplayable in game

Attachments:

All is Vain~

Posted by: Maileen.1065

Maileen.1065

Guys do me a favor and turn off your anti-virus and firewall…then try the game out. I am asking cause that seems to work for me…its NOT a fix…but still something to work on.

Oh and btw I am using the anti-virus/firewall VIPRE

Cynz.9437

Guys do me a favor and turn off your anti-virus and firewall…then try the game out. I am asking cause that seems to work for me…its NOT a fix…but still something to work on.

Oh and btw I am using the anti-virus/firewall VIPRE

Have you seen my logs? It is pretty clear that issue is between last HOP and ncsoft servers. NO WAY my firewall could affect it. Also always at fixed times.

All is Vain~

Posted by: Bloodwine.6450

Bloodwine.6450

I’m going to bump this because I don’t want an issue which A LOT of Oceanic players are experiencing right now get ignored on the “Account & Technical Support” forum. I think this is something which deserves attention.

Since the raid patch all (literally all) of my guild mates who are in Australia including myself have seen our latency climb to an average of 350-450. This isn’t a coincidence and it’s been nearly a fortnight now that we’ve been putting up with this.

I’ve scanned Reddit, these forums and other sources and haven’t seen any official responses or solutions, as of right now GW2 is virtually unplayable.

Posted by: Xenzia.3710

Xenzia.3710

It’s near impossible to do raids with this high ping… A-net, please help.

Posted by: Cekay.2614

Cekay.2614

I’m having the same ping issues (germany)
tried 32bit and 64bit client, ping goes crazy on both.
This effects all game modes for me (PVE, PVP, WVW)
cant play gw2 right now like this, anet plz respond and fix this,
thank you.

Posted by: michaelc.8573

michaelc.8573

I have been having the same ping issues too in Australia since about a week ago.
Ping suddenly went from a 240 average to a constant 400+ average making the game almost unplayable.
Can we get some kind of response for this? Because a lot of people from Australia are experiencing the same problem at the moment and it only affects gw2.

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Same ping issues that started suddenly and have consistently stayed bad since over a week ago and still no acknowledgement from anet

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

This has been an ongoing issue since release. And all we’re ever told is to send the text file to the support, as if that would change anything.
When you trace packets you can see that it’s usually a package loss right before the servers. Since everything else works perfectly fine (other websites and services) with the exception of – well – Guild Wars 1 servers it’s clearly an issue on their end.

And a ping of 2000-4500ms is unplayable for anyone.

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

I’m not from Australia, but I’ve been having the same sort of 500-4000 lag spikes every few hours that seem to persist for about half an hour. Started yesterday, and same thing happening today. Other online games working fine, so it’s definitely a problem on Anet’s side.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: Seven.4901

Seven.4901

every few hours i get 4k ping and it lasts 30min or so…
fix this
edit: im in EU aswell and its not provider issues

(edited by Seven.4901)

Posted by: Caelian MacKay.6348

Caelian MacKay.6348

Having the same issue here in Germany out of nowhere ping times go skyrocketing, get constant 7:11:xxx:xxx disconnects. Game becomes completely unplayable.

Posted by: Amensty x.9360

Amensty x.9360

Still no fix:(

Ever since the latest patch on the 17th I think?. Ping has has permanently increased from 250/300 to 400/550 and my FPS halved from 30 to 15. In highly saturated areas like the jungle and WvW goes down to 5-10.

Checked everything on my end and other games run perfectly, just Gw2 ever since the latest patch.

Hope The team can fix this problem for all of us soon :/

Posted by: Inneunde.4862

Inneunde.4862

Why isn’t any of the developers from Arena.net responding to this? It’s starting to be a major issue. Aside from the HoT bugs and unreleased items that block progress for legendaries, this pinging issues isn’t normal either. This level of professionalism is severely intolerable. We paid for the expansion and what not, and this is what you do in return.

Posted by: Syllcy.4036

Syllcy.4036

+1 from Singapore, getting spikes of 400-700

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

I’m really struggling to keep up with my raid guild because my ping is now permanently 400-500 instead of the normal 200-250. Playing from australia

Posted by: Bomper.7613

Bomper.7613

From Thailand my normal ping around 250-380 but since HOT release. Ping random around 500 – 4000 LOL

Posted by: Urdfexe.9147

Urdfexe.9147

I have the same issue, around prime time i suddenly get horrible ping and connection issues, and it seems to be getting worse.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Can we please, please hear something about this… it has been over a week now, 10 days or something.

Gliding jumps in HoT that require near immediate release of glider wings are completely pointless to attempt. I’ve been getting around a couple by using experimental rifle guns. Dare I say it, unplayable. It’s ridiculous. Even a “we’re looking into it” or “we’re aware of this issue” or a “it’s not a problem on our end” would suffice!

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: KongKK.3760

KongKK.3760

And there it is… 1000 ping. I give up.

Xenzia.3710

Still sitting at 400+ ping… Anet, can you please give us any word that you are looking it to this?

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Had the same issues since the start of this thread. I went away for Thanksgiving and the issue still persists more than a week later. Ping will be normal @ around 60 for me and every 10 -15 seconds it will shoot up to anywhere between 1500-4200 for 1-3 seconds… sometimes causing DCs. Sometimes it will snap me back into place with no skills going off. I’ve never had this kind of problem before. These spikes are consistent. Ookla Speed test saying 33.22 down and 5.53 up. When i’m not in game everything else is working perfect.

Pancakes
Thief

Posted by: Amaranth.2517

Amaranth.2517

After today update I have 250+ ms ping with spikes to 800ms. Usually my ping is 80ms. It was very stressful to play raids cause sometimes lag cause missed dodge/health lose. Three more guys from my raid started to experience the same problem. Our druid’s ping jumped to 500ms. Nothing changed with our ISP.

Btw I play on EU server and /ip command shows me ip of Texas server. Even in WvW! Did Anet move EU servers to US and it causes high ping?

Posted by: Vela.4903

Vela.4903

I´m facing the same problem. To the point that my game completly froze while i was in a pvp match, and ppl reported me , because they thought i was afk. I could type (but not post) and read their chat, but couldnt use a single skill or do anything at all, not even go through the portal on “Legacy of the Foefire”. This is quite annoying, because it happens alot lately.
Now im abit afraid of even joining pvp, because i dont want lag/freeze again.

Posted by: Dominus.6320

Dominus.6320

EU here also and same kind of problems..also i noticed some other abnormalies that might help tracing the source of bug.. when i first logged in i wasn’t able to Send any messages but i was able to see the messages other people sent. After a while they popped on the chat with +20second delay, rebooting gw2 solved the problem with chat but then i started to get 5-10sec skill lags and my “spirit” departed my meaty corpse as i was running and moving normally but standing in the enemy aoe fields that were over 300 range apart from me. Then came the usual i got downed/died and others couldnt ress me because my " fleshy corpse" was apart from the real body. tried rebooting 3x and been fighting few hours.. not anymore.. im going to play other game and hope the lottery is more in my favour tomorrow so that i might be able to play

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Yea…ping problems recently started at 17-19h and 22-00h. Every day at same time.
Ping ranges from 300 to 2500.

This is from EU.

Tried other mmo’s, ping usual 30-50.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Don’t want to get my hopes up in case it disappears again but…. Aussie ping is back to the beloved 250

say no to 400

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Amensty x.9360

Amensty x.9360

Stoked! ping issue is fixed also! It’s actually better than before? 200-220. Now to fix the FpS drop:)

Xenzia.3710

yay ping is fixed for me, ty A-net!! I hope everyone’s ping has improved also

Posted by: Markhov.4603

Markhov.4603

Please keep this thread alive, whenever there is latency spike and we need to post new feedback here.

I am from Malaysia and these few days latency were running fine, ranging around 260ms to 330ms.

So long as there are men, there will be wars.

Posted by: Smartik.9674

Smartik.9674

I WAS planning to say I am glad my ping was fine in the 30-60 range for several days now, but after getting ingame after today’s update and seeing how my ping is spiking at 350-650 I just want to say screw you anet. The usual corporation of this century: get paid up front, then provide kitten service since you already got paid. I can see you have no wish or incentive to pay for decent servers now that you got money out of everyone. I’ve not had ping issues once in the several years I played this game, same with disconnects. My girlfriend disconnects a few times every day now and my ping spikes like crazy. We aren’t even in the same country (most of the people in this thread aren’t). The updater in the launcher fails to connect or has garbage speed quite often too.

Posted by: Mishka.9623

Mishka.9623

Having issues here after today’s patch, I’m pretty sure it’s not on my end also, I live in Colombia if that helps.

Cynz.9437

Lag issue gone after leagues got introduced…. too suspicious =_=

All is Vain~

Posted by: madmalkav.4805

madmalkav.4805

Same problem from Spain.

Posted by: Ostry.7960

Ostry.7960

It’s still not fixed…
My ping before raids update was around 70 MAX, usually at 40-60, now my ping jump like crazy, sometimes have 70 for few minutes and then 200,300,400-1000. Today my lowest ping so far was 140… And im 100% sure it’s not my ISP (checked tracert)
Please check this.

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

I have lag too.

Anet says its at my isp, whereas my isp keeps saying its a modem…

Which i know its not because the issue existed before they sent me a new modem to try to correct the issue in the first place

It doesn’t help i get clueless isp reps as well, really think they are covering their butts over at Anet.

I notice it in all game maps. Its real bad in WvW / HotM and any pvp.

It exists in PVE as well but doesn’t seem to be as bad, still there though

Rawr?

(edited by Voreo Sabrae.5416)

Cynz.9437

I have lag too.

Anet says its at my isp, whereas my isp keeps saying its a modem…

Which i know its not because the issue existed before they sent me a new modem to try to correct the issue in the first place

It doesn’t help i get clueless isp reps as well, really think they are covering their butts over at Anet.

I notice it in all game maps. Its real bad in WvW / HotM and any pvp.

It exists in PVE as well but doesn’t seem to be as bad, still there though

get pingplotter
type /ip in game
copy that ip adress in pingplotter
you will see where issue is

All is Vain~

Posted by: Apocalypse.5289

Apocalypse.5289

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/VERY-Abnormal-Ping-Issues/

I’ll kindly assume that you guys from anet just never saw this topic and are NOT ignoring this issue. (lol)

I mean.. for real. We’ve PAID for this game. Some of the players even bought some gems with real money, made them spend even more money. But that’s just one thing I’m not happy with.
Why do you have this Support Forum if you just are going to ignore something like that? Not even a little respond like “please be patient, we’re trying to fix this”. NO, not even this. You totally ignore this issue like it’s not a big deal, but it is.

Ticket was sent already and got my answer. It’s “some issue from my provider, it’s not Anets fault”. So WHY is it that GW2 is the only game suffering from this ridiculous pingspikes? My provider is Telekom which is known to “have issues” since the release of GW2, but i really don’t see any possibility that the main problem is on my provider.

But the issues aren’t only here in Germany. Other countries on other continents are also experiencing this issue.
Why it’s bad?
Basically because you aren’t able to play the game during this lagspike phase. My game freezes in PvP for 10 seconds, so I’ll just remove my hands from my mouse and keyboard to wait for my death that i can’t avoid.
I jump off a cliff in the HoT maps and after falling for 30 seconds I painfully die at the very bottom of the map because my glider wont open.
I participate in a big event (like the last event in Auric Basin or similar ones) and there are 2 things that could happen. First, I’m not able to do anything and just leech the event. Second, I could get kicked out.
I had to quit our raidteam pretty often while we were raiding (still wonder how I managed to participate at the Sabetha Kill yesterday with a normal ping) so it makes me also impossible to raid sometimes.

To make this whole thing a bit shorter:
I CAN’T PLAY LIKE THAT.
I paid for this game. And you’re ignoring the fact that some of us arent able to play this game. Really bad move. I had positive experience with your Support, but that’s just sad.

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Today I am experiencing ping between 2000-5000ms, it sometimes takes me up to 8 seconds just to weapon swap.

Some of my other friends from the UK are also experiencing similar symptoms.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Posted by: gefjunhel.9016

gefjunhel.9016

im having the same issue today its nothing on my end perfect connection to every other online service as usual but 800 minimum ping in game

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Did a few tests, not sure where exactly the problem lies as I am not good at reading these sort of things.

But did a few tests and put em together for those who can.
Not sure how accurate these all are as I didn’t stick to the zones, didn’t think id have to

Attachments:

Rawr?

Posted by: MatrixKage.5812

MatrixKage.5812

This has been happening to me as well. I Live in the states so my ping is normally 20-40, but now it goes up to 3k for a few secs and then back to normal. This only happens to GW2. I’m going mad!!!!!

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

I have also been experiencing this problem only very recently (within the past two weeks or so). I have a normal ping under 100 but now I’m getting spikes up to about 3000 for approximately a minute at a time, maybe once every hour or so at worst. I have not experienced anything like this prior to this time period.

Maguuma WvW

Posted by: Slcrisis.6930

Slcrisis.6930

Exact same issue here, random ping spikes. Only seems to be happening on GW2, tried running other games to see if it’s an issue on my end and everything runs fine. Issue occurred couple weeks ago.

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

My ping seems to be back to normal. Was 350-400 with frequent spikes into the thousands, for several days.
Noticed my glider deploy was MUCH smoother tonight. Checked ping and I’m between 210 and 250. Much better, hope I haven’t spoken too soon though.

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

If one of the nodes, outside Anet’s own servers have problems, there isn’t much they can do themselves. I haven’t had lag recently though.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

Still having this issue myself. Would love to be able to play the game again.

Posted by: beefjus.9347

beefjus.9347

If you’re playing from SEA or OCE, then your ping is within normal.

Current Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beefjus/saved/WBx323
Planning on upgrading to a GTX980ti by late 2016