Vent/Mumble mute in-game sounds

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rojas.5437

Rojas.5437

Vent & Mumble both mute my in-game sound. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know a workaround?

Posted by: Rojas.5437

Rojas.5437

This is the only program that has this issue, everything else plays sound properly so I’m assuming it has something to do with gw2.

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

no idea I have in game sounds going to my speakers and vent going to my headset but no the game sounds don’t stop when I’m using vent

Posted by: dcwow.1672

dcwow.1672

I believe there may be a setting to adjust game sound if a headset microphone is active. It may pertain to 3rd party chat programs, or may be a setting for a future-implementation of Anet’s own voip, though I’m not sure. Anyway, the setting is actually a slider-bar in the sound settings that you can adjust which volume preference you want the game to drop to when microphone is active. Like I said, I’m not sure if this will work, but you could always try it…

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

A few things to try:

While GW2 is running, click the volume icon on the taskbar to bring up the volume slider, click mixer at the bottom, make sure GW2 is turned up.

In sound options in GW2, make sure VOIP ducking is disabled.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Posted by: xuntarus.1984

xuntarus.1984

Try running the program as an administrator.
-Right click the icon and select run as administrator.

-You can have it do this by default by:
Right clicking the icon, selecting properties, and checking the run as administrator box, under the compatibility tab.

Posted by: dcwow.1672

dcwow.1672

The adjustment I was speaking of is VOIP Ducking. It’s under options. I had forgotten what it was called.