Very low FPS

Very low FPS

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kryil.6045

Kryil.6045

Hey guys,

I’ve read quite a lot of stuff and I have no clue what else to do. After coming back from a months long break the performance of GW2 seems to be horrible on one of two computers.

The first one: i5-3570k@stock and a Radeon HD 7870. The game runs at 1920×1080, all settings maxed including supersampling and I get 60 fps when standing still and sometimes drops to 50 in Hoelbrak with quite some players around me. Didn’t test bigger fights but that’s also not my issue.

The second one: i5-4570@stock and a Radeon HD 6770. Now, the CPU is slightly faster but the graphics card is a lot slower. Still, I’d expect it to be playable. However even with all settings lowest, including subsampling, I can’t get over 25 FPS, most time dipping down to 15. It’s really NOT playable.

Running windows 8 on both machines. All drivers are up to date, windows updates done and there are no overheating issues. GPU-Z shows that the GPU gets utilized properly.

Any ideas/settings/config stuff that I could try to figure out the issue? The game did run fine @mid settings on that computer some months ago :/

Very low FPS

Posted by: sobe.4157

sobe.4157

How does the 2nd pc handle other games? Any seem out of the ordinary from how they played previously?

3770k 4.9ghz | Koolance 380i | NexXxoS XT45 | XSPC D5 Photon | ASUS MVFormula |
Mushkin Black 16gb 1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo |2×2TB CavBlack| GALAX 980 SoC |
NZXT Switch 810 | Corsair HX850 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Beyerdynamic T90

Very low FPS

Posted by: XFlyingBeeX.2836

XFlyingBeeX.2836

I have problems to. Sometimes i get like 2x lower fps than i should. Also happens in other games.

Do you use win 8.1?

Very low FPS

Posted by: Kryil.6045

Kryil.6045

How does the 2nd pc handle other games? Any seem out of the ordinary from how they played previously?

Not really. Most games played on the second computer are Dota 2, Civ 5 and TES:Online and they all run great. TES needs to be run at mid settings, but then it’s perfectly fine and nearly never drops below 25 FPS, averaging at 40 FPS while questing among other players.

I have problems to. Sometimes i get like 2x lower fps than i should. Also happens in other games.

Do you use win 8.1?

Nope. Thought about upgrading to 8.1 to see if it helps, but currently I’m running 8.

Very low FPS

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Hey guys,

I’ve read quite a lot of stuff and I have no clue what else to do. After coming back from a months long break the performance of GW2 seems to be horrible on one of two computers.

The first one: i5-3570k@stock and a Radeon HD 7870. The game runs at 1920×1080, all settings maxed including supersampling and I get 60 fps when standing still and sometimes drops to 50 in Hoelbrak with quite some players around me. Didn’t test bigger fights but that’s also not my issue.

The second one: i5-4570@stock and a Radeon HD 6770. Now, the CPU is slightly faster but the graphics card is a lot slower. Still, I’d expect it to be playable. However even with all settings lowest, including subsampling, I can’t get over 25 FPS, most time dipping down to 15. It’s really NOT playable.

Running windows 8 on both machines. All drivers are up to date, windows updates done and there are no overheating issues. GPU-Z shows that the GPU gets utilized properly.

Any ideas/settings/config stuff that I could try to figure out the issue? The game did run fine @mid settings on that computer some months ago :/

Are those both Fresh Installs of Win8, or are they upgrades from Win7 to Win8?

When you update your graphic Drivers, do you uninstall the old ones from safemode using DDU first?

Edit
Did you also verify that your GPU’s are Linked at PCI-E 16x via GPU-Z?

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Very low FPS

Posted by: XFlyingBeeX.2836

XFlyingBeeX.2836

Not really. Most games played on the second computer are Dota 2, Civ 5 and TES:Online and they all run great. TES needs to be run at mid settings, but then it’s perfectly fine and nearly never drops below 25 FPS, averaging at 40 FPS while questing among other players.

Do you use win 8.1?

Nope. Thought about upgrading to 8.1 to see if it helps, but currently I’m running 8.

I will go back to win7 because i get worse performance. Using win8.1. Sometime si get great fps sometimes i get kittenty. always playing same path…

(edited by XFlyingBeeX.2836)

Very low FPS

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Do you use win 8.1?

I will go back to win7 because i get worse performance. Using win8.1. Sometime si get great fps sometimes i get kittenty. always playing same path…

when you install win8 or win8.1 are you doing fresh installs or upgrades from win7?

just curious, since you said you always have bad performance under win8/8.1

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD