WTF is happening with this game?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

I’m having huge spike lags( not only spike lags, the “normal” lag too, like 2-3 seconds), like, 15-16 seconds of delay on dungeons, and this means DEATH for my character and a horrible run for my group! Seriously, i cant play the game because of this stupid lag!!!!! All of sudden this kitten starts to happen! The game was working fine then it starts to lag like a kittening kitten, stupid delays in dungeons and skills activation also on merchants! WTF, even on merchants, it takes 3-4 seconds to open the window of the merchant!

What do i do to stop this kittening stupid kitten lag?! Also, this message too.

Already reseted the router, there’s absolutely no problem with my ISP, ping, connection or whatever!!

Help pls. :/

Attachments:

Posted by: Serac.5691

Serac.5691

Same exact thing here. Not my internet. This has been going on for a while and it’s to the point where I’m unable to play.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

It’very possible there could be a problem with your ISP without you knowing it like I did. Log into your router and write down both Domain Name Server IP’s then open CMD then type ping -n 50 Domain Name Server IP hit enter. Repeat for the other DNS after each ping test is done it will show you if have any packet loss between you and your ISP DNS server. If you do then you need to call your ISP and have them come out to check your internet and your RJ45 connection in the box, sometime the cables come loose like mine did causing to have the same issue as you.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

(edited by MasterYoda.8563)

aophts.9862

It’very possible there could be a problem with your ISP without you knowing it like I did. Log into your router and write down both Domain Name Server IP’s then open CMD then type ping -n 50 Domain Name Server IP hit enter. Repeat for the other DNS after each ping test is done it will show you if have any packet loss between you and your ISP DNS server. If you do then you need to call your ISP and have them come out to check your internet and your RJ45 connection in the box, sometime the cables come loose like mine did causing to have the same issue as you.

0% packet loss, 6ms ping

Seriously, wtf is going on? I just want to play the game

Posted by: Serac.5691

Serac.5691

Nope. Definitely not related to my ISP.

aophts.9862

Again! In the middle of a guild mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do something about this kitten Anet, wtf, there a LOT of people with this stupid issue and we are being ignored!

aophts.9862

Great, now everytime i WP, the game get stucked on the loading screen and i receive the disconect error.

Could someone please help me? Someone from support? Or you just ignore your customers?

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

BTW, when you want direct one on one attention, submit a ticket.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2/first#post3957

Even Ashley would probably recommend that for you lol.

Posted by: DeadSign.1942

DeadSign.1942

The problem is not ISP related at all…

Currently, the Crown Pavillion overflow is unplayable… You can hardly activate a skill even out of combat…

As soon as you leave the area, everything is normal.

aophts.9862

The problem is not ISP related at all…

Currently, the Crown Pavillion overflow is unplayable… You can hardly activate a skill even out of combat…

As soon as you leave the area, everything is normal.

Duh, of course the CP is horrible to play. The problem is, i’m having all this crap lag even alone! On the PvE map, even on desolated places. Also, in dungeons i have the lag spikes, i have the lag and lag spikes.

This is kittening ridiculous.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

OP – Do you live in right next door to A-net’s servers?

Because; if not – the problem could be anywhere in the chain of 10 to 30 network nodes between your ISP and A-net’s. It could even be a problem with your network security software.

Also, a DNS server problem won’t cause lag in the game.

In addition, pinging your ISP’s server is useless – you need to do a tracert to A-net’s servers to see if there is packet loss. One way to do that is to run Game Advisor and post the results in this thread. You can get it here:

https://help.ncsoft.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7386/~/game-advisor-diagnostic-report

(edited by abomally.2694)

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I’m currently not experiencing these lag issues (I know… One person, big deal, right), but there are many others not either. My hubs is currently playing on a public/university wide type connection and he and I played together just fine several times over the last week, neither had lag or trouble at all.

Crown Pavilion is a bit of a pain due to all the effects and such rendering in one zone… And within this 1 small zone, you’ve got large Zerg numbers plus gauntlet battles occurring overhead and all of their effects.

So, it could go either way, but for some, there are graphics issues related to hardware, some have Internet/connection problems and lag, and others still have operating system problems causing even more problems.

Depending on your issue, pop around the tech support forums first few pages and have a peek.

MasterYoda.8563

Because; if not – the problem could be anywhere in the chain of 10 to 30 network nodes between your ISP and A-net’s. It could even be a problem with your network security software.

In addition, pinging your ISP’s server is useless – you need to do a tracert to A-net’s servers to see if there is packet loss. One way to do that is to run Game Advisor and post the results in this thread. You can get it here:

https://help.ncsoft.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7386/~/game-advisor-diagnostic-report

No one said DNS servers will cause lag in game. 2nd you don’t know what you’re talking about pinging ISP’s server being useless. Pinging your ISP’s servers is a very valid troubleshooting step to do for few different reasons, thus the reason why I suggested it to the OP. Pinging ISP’s servers help determines if the OP has any packet lose between him and his DNS servers, OP said no so that helps to rule out possibilty of the issue OP’s pc or router and modem. Sure a tracert wouldn’t hurt.

GG Anet

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

No one said DNS servers will cause lag in game. 2nd you don’t know what you’re talking about pinging ISP’s server being useless. Pinging your ISP’s servers is a very valid troubleshooting step to do for few different reasons, thus the reason why I suggested it to the OP. Pinging ISP’s servers help determines if the OP has any packet lose between him and his DNS servers, OP said no so that helps to rule out possibilty of the issue OP’s pc or router and modem. Sure a tracert wouldn’t hurt.

Do you even know what a DNS server is? I’ll wait while you go look it up - since you evidently don’t realize that it has nothing to do with packet loss to A-net’s servers!

BTW, the ISP’s internet server is what actually connects to the network nodes that connect to A-net’s servers. Once again – the ISP’s DNS servers have nothing to do with that. They perform ONE function, which I hope you have looked up by now.

You can even use the internet WITHOUT a DNS server, although it would be a massive pain. I’ll let you figure out why.

As far as pinging a server while troubleshooting this issue, I would start with A-nets servers. But maybe that’s just me.

(edited by abomally.2694)

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I have the same issue

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

big spike lag then dc, and stuck in loading screen which eventually end with error code :P

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

MasterYoda.8563

Do you even know what a DNS server is? I’ll wait while you go look it up – since you evidently don’t realize that it has nothing to do with packet loss to A-net’s servers!

Like I have said by pinging DNS server helps determines if there is packet loss on your end or not as packet loss can happen any place between your pc to the game server. Why is that so hard you for to understand?

Yes I know what a DNS server is and clearly you know nothing about trouble shooting network isssues and its clear your just trolling this thread just wanting to argue with someone.

Tell me why my ISP had me ping the DNS servers to help determine where my packet loss was? They came out and fix it as it was just a bad RJ45 connection. Other ISP’s will have you do the same when you call them telling them you have packet loss issues.

GG Anet

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

The issue would most likely stem from a routing issue with the ISP connecting to other nodes. Think of it as a traffic jam on the way to your destination. Outside of that I know that Anet Servers do have latency issues but a ISP routing seems the most likely.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As there is already a dedicated thread about this issue here : Official response on the Lag issues please?, this one is now closed to avoid duplicates.

Thank you for your understanding.