Want To Gift HOT to friend in New Zealand.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rufus.2651

Rufus.2651

Is it possible to buy a code for the expansion and send it to a friend in New Zealand? Are the codes region specific? I wanted to get it done today so she could get a character slot.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Buy the game, get the e-mail confirmation, send them the registration code and they’ll be able to make an account, register the game, and play.

Copied from another thread. (Thanks to Mega).

As far as I know it’s not region specific.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Rufus.2651

Rufus.2651

I was under the impression that if you bought it through GW it was account bound, so not sure if that would work anymore.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I was under the impression that if you bought it through GW it was account bound, so not sure if that would work anymore.

Only if you buy in game black lion store it automatic update you account. If you buy from buy.guildwars2.com you get email with code and instruction you can send to friend. Just do not use code or register let friend do this.

;)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

You can absolutely do it. I’m not sure how it works with the whole US/EU server thing though. if you live in the US I would assume your friend in NZ is also on the US servers, in which case you won’t have a problem (I live in NZ and am on the US servers, I assume most NZ players are).