Was our guild scammed?

Was our guild scammed?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Wargon.2519

Wargon.2519

Hey, i will just like to ask of the diffenition of scamming? since have been one dude who stole everything from our guild bank, can i report him for scamming the guild?

Was our guild scammed?

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Wargon,

If he stole everything from the guild bank, meaning he took everything without permission then you could report him. When reporting, be sure to provide as many evidence as possible, such as pics of the guild bank log.

Asking your question, scamming would be defrauding someone. Like for example, in a trade, instead of giving whatever, just taking what you are being offered and disconnecting. Just an example.

Hope this has been helpful and good luck with your issue.

Was our guild scammed?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

In situations where a guild bank is stolen by a guild member, Support generally is unable to get involved. We stay out of guild politics, and these cases can be quite complex. Player A may say “He stole our gold” and Player B may say “I took out only the gold I earned when I decided to start a new guild.” The game logs are detailed, but they do not make intentions visible and the “he said/she said” in these situations is intense.

Guilds should screen members carefully and make sure that the people they are inviting into the guild are trustworthy. For Support to try to “right a wrong” in this sort of situation is a nearly impossible task.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet