"We were unable to register an account"

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

“We were unable to register an account using the information provided. Please check your information and try again.”

So trying to register a free account and all I get is this…

Is the system broken? All the information is right.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Are you attempting to use an e-mail address with a period in it?
Like firstname.lastname@gmail.com?

I had that issue, the system won’t take addresses with a period.
Thankfully for g-mail their own system ignores the period anyway so I could just take it out and everything worked fine (not all systems do that so be careful)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Odd, I have an account with a period in it. No problem whatsoever. It may be something else.

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

My friends are having the same problem-since they’re only really trying it because of me badgering them, they’re not exactly bothered about trying to get it fixed either.

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

have the same issue with the exp. trying to register and first it says that I should change my password, then, when I put a different one it gives me the same info as the OP.

edit: ok… I just figure that I didn’t have to do that lol

(edited by Underdark.3726)

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Same problem here.

As I had several GW1 accounts and potential HOM rewards, I thought I would link another one of them, level a few more toons and maybe purchase HOT for that account in the future.

Went through the e-mail authentication procedure etc and now just keep getting this hugely informative error message.

Additionally, after trying to create the account, when I came to the forums and tried to log in – the user/password dialogue box wouldn’t even appear and all I was getting was a ‘you do not have access to GW2’ dialogue. This required CCcleaner to remove whatever Anet had decided to store in my browser.

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

Anyone know if this problem has been sorted?

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Just a thought…

Are you using a new email address? When I purchased my alt account during one of the past sales it required a different email. It seems like only one account per email address.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Just a thought…

Are you using a new email address? When I purchased my alt account during one of the past sales it required a different email. It seems like only one account per email address.

Yes – The e-mail address was different to my main GW2 account.

As an aside – The view to posting ratio on this thread is very high, which suggests to me that many people (probably new players) who don’t have posting privileges are experiencing this problem and are unable to create accounts.

Anet – you need to look at this, as potentially a lot of new players will just get frustrated and give up.

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

Has anyone found a way around this? I am having the same exact issue right now.

“We were unable to register an account using the information provided. Please check your information and try again.”

All of the info is correct. I checked umpteen times.

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

Okay. I found a way around it for myself. I went to https://account.arena.net/content and clicked the grey plus sign at the top right that says Add Code and put my registration number there. It accepted it okay and is now letting me download the client.

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)